Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revealed

Default Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

3DS News: Pokemon X And Y: New Pokemon Revealed - meet Mewtwo's New Form! - Official Nintendo Magazine does no body look for official sources anymore? :P its a new form according to this.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Default Re: Mysterious new Pokémon announced on Pokémon Smash!: Last week's teased news revea

Boy, a lot of people here complaining about its design. I don't know why, because my first thought when I saw it was that it looked really cool... It sort of harkens back to the traditional alien design, like the Greys (the head actually reminds me of the Xenomorph from Alien.)

Also, just a reality check for those saying they're "disappointed" with GameFreak or that they're "ruining" your old favourite, quit acting like GameFreak or Nintendo OWE you something. Just because you've played a lot of their games since the beginning that doesn't really mean they have to cater designs around you.

I'm really interested now in how this new Pokémon / new Forme will play into the games. Since it's harkening back to Mewtwo, I suspect there'll be a strong influence of the genetics theme speculated on earlier. It'd be interesting if Mewtwo was somehow incorporated into the plot, but I suspect this'll be an event exclusive... at a guess, since it's seen battling Genesect.

Wasn't Zoroark revealed early Gen 5/late Gen 4, only to turn out to be an event Pokémon?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon Arvitar View Post
    3DS News: Pokemon X And Y: New Pokemon Revealed - meet Mewtwo's New Form! - Official Nintendo Magazine does no body look for official sources anymore? :P its a new form according to this.
    That isn't an official source. Not as far as TPCi is concerned.

Visit Ace!'s Youtube Channel

I actually really like this design, it seems to be the "nicer" version of Mewtwo. Also, is it just me, or does its ponytail thingy look like a musical note? Maybe heralding a Psychic/Sound Mewtwo, sorta like Sky Forme Shaymin?
    Procrastination Station

Blog Entries

Wait, so this is a completely new Pokemon? As long as it isn't called Mewthree (like that one from the crappy bootleg game), then I'm happy. :P
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

After seeing its body in full, I am starting to like it. Whether it's a new forme of Mewtwo or a new Pokemon altogether, I don't mind it.

They should call it Meh. Was expecting some better info than this, or at least some more info on the likes of Sylveon and the legendaries

Follow Charazemma On Twitter Add Charazemma on Facebook

I really hope its a forme, and not an evolution. They are distributing a level 100 movie Mewtwo, which would rule out evolution by level up. I doubt its going to be a pre-vo or the 'missing link' between Mew and Mewtwo as some people have speculated, as it would make no sense with the previous story, and Mewtwo can't breed.... however I wouldn't totally rule out it being connected to Mewtwo, in a similar way to Phione and Manaphy.

In regards to 'Mewtwos Awakening', I think the awakening is referring to it's new era, or new form. Mewtwo has found a way to improve himself (this is where the beserk gene/other item comes in) and when he needs to (i.e to stop the Genesect) Mewtwo can switch to his new, more powerful, forme.

I do hope they give the new formes a rest now. I actually like this, but I don't want every legendary to do it, only where it makes sense. I think it makes sense with Mewtwo and Genesect given their histories.
    Codface likes this.
    I'm a girl.

I call a Squirrel legendary in X and Y, just sayin'.

Blog Entries

Those of us who've been around since GenI have always suspected the possibility of a Mewthree, but it was speculated so much that it seems too silly for it to be actually real. It's the equivalent of them actually putting a Mew under a truck in a future game.

Obtaining Mewthree in XY is almost certainly gonna have something to do with the event Mewtwo from the movie.

Of course, it might not even be called Mewthree. Some have suggested MewZ. This sounds ok to me because I'm a brit and read it as "Mew Zed", but the english name will be made for Americans who'd read it as "Mew Zee". "Mew Zee" is a name that sounds way too cute for a new Mewtwo forme/relative/thing.

What was the whole "watergate" thing that Archaic was talking about in the podcast???
    Charazemma likes this.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm grateful at least someone likes this new Pokemon; the fact that there's some controversy over it is disturbing. I mean, really, how do you guys know if this is Mewtwo or not? They never stated that, just that this Pokemon seems to have some sort of connection with it. I wish the general public didn't overreact to media and stick with initial reactions. I don't mean to sound critical, so I apologize if I did.

Blog Entries

I never understood why people wanted a Mewthree. Perhaps I need a better explanation of their reasoning, as I don't know how they proposed it would happen. As for Mew being cloned again, the connection was stated as being to Mewtwo, but then again, by proxy, that would somewhat imply a connection to Mew. Regardless, Mewtwo was the only experiment stated in the original games. Are they going to introduce a room that we somehow missed describing that there was another experiment? Otherwise, there is no way they would've attempted to make Mewtwo AGAIN. It is possible for someone else to have attempted it not knowing about the original experimment, but I remind people that the context must fit things as we know them now in order for it to appear in the movie. In the games, TR was never behind Mewtwo, but yet in the anime they were. I realize the complication this creates, not to mention the other deviations the anime has taken. Regardless, that Mewtwo was an enhanced clone of Mew is present in both. Whatever relation this thing possesses must also be present in both. I know we have proposed such things for other instances, but I do not think they would recast TR in whatever role a new evil team would have in the new region. Not to mention I don't think Gio would attempt to clone Mew again, either. I just don't think it is possible for this to be a separate creature, no matter how you look at it. The marketing does not add up.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Dear sweet Arceus... O_O
    Xita likes this.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

I'm not here to contemn the Designer who design this suspected-to-be-Mewtwo-new-form-like Pokemon, but really, when the time I saw it immediately for the first time, I just feel like it is a copy-paste or duplicate of some existing character from the design-wise viewpoint.

Just unable to remember it right now, but it really reminds me one alien-like character from a fiction I'd seen before (it was not anime).......
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Those of us who've been around since GenI have always suspected the possibility of a Mewthree, but it was speculated so much that it seems too silly for it to be actually real. It's the equivalent of them actually putting a Mew under a truck in a future game.

Obtaining Mewthree in XY is almost certainly gonna have something to do with the event Mewtwo from the movie.

Of course, it might not even be called Mewthree. Some have suggested MewZ. This sounds ok to me because I'm a brit and read it as "Mew Zed", but the english name will be made for Americans who'd read it as "Mew Zee". "Mew Zee" is a name that sounds way too cute for a new Mewtwo forme/relative/thing.

What was the whole "watergate" thing that Archaic was talking about in the podcast???
    iirc, Wottergate was when the evolutions for the Unova starters were mysteriously leaked and everyone was yoyo-ing between them being real and fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post

iirc, Wottergate was when the evolutions for the Unova starters were mysteriously leaked and everyone was yoyo-ing between them being real and fake.
    They weren't yoyo-ing. People had decided they were fake using "forensic evidence", however I got word from one of my contacts that they were legit and posted as such. Hilarity ensued
    I own Serebii.net and Serebii Forums, naturally.

Serebii's signature, now un-censored.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast