Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be featured - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be featured

Blog Entries

Default Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Considering its artificially created, it shouldn't be that hard.
    Partially artificial.

Since it's such an ancient Pokemon that was only recently modified with technology, I have a hard time believing that Genesects just appear or are easy to make.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Movie 16 'Genesect of Godspeed' announced for Japan: Shiny Genesect to be feature

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Considering its artificially created, it shouldn't be that hard.
    Partially artificial.

Since it's such an ancient Pokemon that was only recently modified with technology, I have a hard time believing that Genesects just appear or are easy to make.
    It seems like it was fossil they revived and modified. As long as they have viable DNA, and guess what, given that they brought a Genesect back to life, they do, then availability is not a problem.

Blog Entries

While they (used to) have viable DNA, I don't think that Genesects are anything you could mass produce unless the modifications were made of really cheap materials. If they were easy to make, I don't think we'd get Genesect only from events.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    While they (used to) have viable DNA, I don't think that Genesects are anything you could mass produce unless the modifications were made of really cheap materials. If they were easy to make, I don't think we'd get Genesect only from events.
    Used to? They have an existing Genesect. And two Genesect isn't "mass production". And people mass produce tanks and fighter jets, are you saying those are cheap? With enough funding and resources, they can definitely make more. Obviously there's a "limited amount" given that it's story in-game is that its development had been halted. That's why its an event. It doesn't stop the fact that the anime, which rarely ever follows the game's plot anyway, can find an excuse to create a second (really, two is not mass produced) Genesect given that they created one the first time in order to move the plot forward.

And really, we're getting into funding issues when Team Plasma has not only created an entire castle underground, but had the technology to have it pop up into the surface with a single command. They also created a device that hacks into every PC to release Pokemon. And created the Plasma Frigate. It's a flying boat that really doesn't care about fuel efficiency since they don't take down the sails in flight mode and undoubtedly creates a lot of drag. Oh, and it's not just a flying boat, it has the technology to harness the power of a legendary Pokemon to shoot blasts of unbreakable ice.

Yet its unbelievable for anyone else (assuming Team Plasma isn't behind this Genesect) to create a second Genesect. Really. The crap Team Plasma does in the game? Pales in comparison to the technology shown in the anime, and especially the movies. We have Lawrence III and his unnecessarily large floating fortress, Zero and his Megarig and Infi, with the former being something he built from scratch out of memory. And yet a second Genesect is what is considered unrealistic for a Pokemon movie.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th December 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Listen, OR, I'm not here to argue. I just said some things and corrected you a bit. I simply don't think that making Genesects is easy. :P

El_
    Blog Entries

Simply having Genesect's DNA is enough honestly to revive more than one. Even without that explanation, we should not assume that there was only "one" Genesect in existence anyways 300 million years ago, there was likely several living species.

I hope they do issue out a Shiny Genesect with Extreme-speed (and several other bad-ass attacks) but looking at that image it appears to be the regular one. -_- I can at least hope they issue it out eventually. I like the theory that purple regular Genesect is a proto-type, and the red one is the real end result, because it incorporates another shiny to be relevant in a nice way like how Red Gyarados was back in G/S/C.

I'm still gonna hold out for the 300 million year version as well, because they can't seriously miss an opportunity to reveal it in the movie (probably in February). Knowing GF, I guess you never know, but I still have faith it could still be revealed to take on its Red modern counterpart.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I hope they do issue out a Shiny Genesect with Extreme-speed (and several other bad-ass attacks) but looking at that image it appears to be the regular one. -_-
    It's pretty obvious that the red Genesect will be distributed via one of the two movie-related downloads.

I'm still gonna hold out for the 300 million year version as well, because they can't seriously miss an opportunity to reveal it in the movie (probably in February). Knowing GF, I guess you never know, but I still have faith it could still be revealed to take on its Red modern counterpart.
    Am I the only one who shudders at the thought of there being three Genesect in the movie? I would have liked to see the ancient counterpart, but if that were the plan I don't see why they would be bothering with this shiny, faster version. I'd rather see the red Genesect be defeated by a new Pokémon that also existed hundreds of million years ago. Also note that even the red Genesect is referred to as a "Pokémon from 300 million years ago", so it certainly doesn't seem that they're trying to establish the modern version as being a different species from the original one.

El_
    Blog Entries

An ancient forme? Perhaps that "could" be a scenario in this movie. You have a point that 3 Genesect are a bit excessive, and not only that but the purple one would be heavily overshadowed by its shiny counterpart and ancient original version.

While I have no idea how, perhaps the purple one will somehow be able to revert to its original state after being outclassed by the shiny version. The only problem that I have with this is that a regular ancient version should be revived from a fossil rather than be an outright forme, though you never know, perhaps there is a device that will be made that could accomplish undoing Team Plasma's modifications.

We still need more movie info however, there is a possibility that the purple one won't even be in this movie, and that it will only feature the shiny counterpart while the regular purple one gets its spotlight in the new anime arc. If this scenario plays out, then there won't be 3 Genesect in the movie, only two (should the ancient one be released) and a theme with modern versus ancient. (or original vs modified in this case)

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    While I have no idea how, perhaps the purple one will somehow be able to revert to its original state after being outclassed by the shiny version. The only problem that I have with this is that a regular ancient version should be revived from a fossil rather than be an outright forme, though you never know, perhaps there is a device that will be made that could accomplish undoing Team Plasma's modifications.
    I've thought about that, but that seems so clunky for the reason you listed. It would make more sense for the regular Genesect to represent technology and for the second revived Genesect to be an unmodified one, but that isn't happening.

We still need more movie info however, there is a possibility that the purple one won't even be in this movie, and that it will only feature the shiny counterpart while the regular purple one gets its spotlight in the new anime arc. If this scenario plays out, then there won't be 3 Genesect in the movie, only two (should the ancient one be released) and a theme with modern versus ancient. (or original vs modified in this case)
    The regular Genesect is included in the latest movie trailer, but we can tell that it will have a minor role judging from the poster and summary. It would have to revert to its ancient form for that to change, but either way, I don't see it not appearing at all at this point.

But regardless of the number of Genesect in the movie, a Forme would be a poor representative of a new generation. The modern versus ancient theme could be easily pulled off by pitting Genesect against a different ancient species. I think that "What did Genesect look like 300 million years ago?" is the wrong question to ask, as chances are that Team Plasma did make it more powerful than it was originally, while reviving it as the vicious predator that it was to begin with (hence the Pokédex entries refer to its past, rather than treating it as a newly created species like Mewtwo). The more interesting question is "What exactly did Genesect do 300 million years ago, and which kinds of Pokémon interacted with it?"
    Last edited by Silktree; 18th December 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Before you guys get carried away with 3 Genesects being in the movie, we're not even sure if there will be 2 in the movie. The teaser trailer confirms nothing besides the fact that Genesect is in the movie. If I missed something then I apologize!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Before you guys get carried away with 3 Genesects being in the movie, we're not even sure if there will be 2 in the movie. The teaser trailer confirms nothing besides the fact that Genesect is in the movie. If I missed something then I apologize!
    The regular Genesect is seen flying in the beginning, only to be outsped by the shiny version.

Blog Entries

I'm aware of that, but they could just be showing that to empathize how faster the Red Genesect is compared to the normal one? I'm thinking the normal one is the Genesect we'll probably see in the anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    I'm aware of that, but they could just be showing that to empathize how faster the Red Genesect is compared to the normal one? I'm thinking the normal one is the Genesect we'll probably see in the anime.
    It could end up being nothing more than a comparison, and either way it's all but confirmed that the regular Genesect will be featured in Episode N. But the current teaser does imply that it will also have a minor role in the movie, if only in the prologue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)