Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Codface
  • 1 Post By Mega Uncle Edit Y

Thread: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to

Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening' to be full title

The full title of the sixteenth movie has been revealed to be Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening (神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒). Mewtwo will appear as a key character.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

Hope mewtwo kicks genosects butt!!

Go mewtwo!!! Three films now!!!
    BlueScyther likes this.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mewtwo to feature in sixteenth movie: 'Extreme Speed Genesect: Mewtwo's Awakening

I think Mewtwo is in this movie because Mewtwo and Genesect are both Pokémon which were created by humans from using an older Pokémon (although Genesect's counterpart hasn't been shown) but Mewtwo has already been distributed in Generation V by Wi-Fi connection so I hope a different Pokémon is distributed to celebrate the release of the movie such as Shiny ExtremeSpeed Genesect or Mew.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

If one thinks about it, Genesect would be the perfect counter for Mewtwo (Bug type is super efective against psychic and steel renders Mewtwos STAB not very effective) except for two minor details: Mewtwo is faster and learns fire attacks.
    Last edited by MetalKing1417; 12th February 2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: forgot to add steel
    I want my Meloetta!

Blog Entries

Genesect wouldnt get a move off before fireblast killed him. Most likely thats why the film has 4 genesects to try and even it out.

But seriously this film is looking even better.

Plus Ofc the event has to be shiny genesect red. Mewtwo already been done

This is going to be nothing short of EPIC.

I mean... wow, are they going to bring back Masachika Ichimura (the legend himself)
    to reprise his role as the one and only Pokemon that has claimed to be world's most powerful?

I can only ask that if Mewtwo is there, Mr. Yuyama ought to make this movie as mature and hopefully as dark(-er) as the very first movie.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As Mewtwo is among my favorite fictional characters, I was instantly excited when I found out that Mewtwo will appear in the next Pokemon movie. That gives me a good reason to watch when I get the chance!
    BlueScyther likes this.

Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?
    Last edited by Ampere; 13th February 2013 at 07:00 AM.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Why wouldn't it be the same Mewtwo? Just the one was a big deal—an expensive, involved project that proved to be a liability. What would they do, make a clone of a clone?
    We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    We did have the mirage Mewtwo. But the other thing is that the Mewtwo Returns (this is the sequel, not the original) came out over 11 and a half years ago. The old Mewtwo just hasn't been in the anime for so long that they may create a new one. Or this could be for the long-time fans (my personal preference).
    Perhaps it may have something to do with the updated rereleases of the first five movies.
    I want my Meloetta!

Wow! Mewtwo! This movie's gonna be epic! Can't wait for it!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12th February 2013, 09:48 AM