Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws

Default Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws

Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws

The official Pokémon site has updated and a new trailer has been released. This reveals additional information about Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie, as well as providing clear artwork.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws

I think M. Metagross is going to be an amazing tank in the metagame.

Default Re: Mega Metagross officially announced: Ability confirmed to be Tough Claws

Huh, i just realized, every single one of those Pikachu costumes, even the more masculine ones, are all being worn by female Pikachu.

Blog Entries

I hated Metagross to begin with, now I'm gonna hate it even more... At least Ghost and Dark moves can give it some grief now, and its stats can now be lowered by other moves (as it'll no longer have Clear Body), but still. Especially since they now say it'll be more "balanced" than before. Headache central, here I come.

On the plus side, I like the redesigns for the Gym Leaders, especially Flannery (that should be a big, fat duh). I wonder what Winnona will look like, as she's my favorite female Gym Leader in Hoenn. And is it just me, or are most of the redesigned NPCs wearing sandals? I know Hoenn is on the tropical side, but aside from obvious ones like Prof. Birch, why are most of them wearing sandals? It's not a problem to me, it just strikes me as a bit odd.

Anyway, a good update.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...please tell me Steven isn't the Champion again, because I won't be able to beat the game...unless I bring a legendary along to kill Mega Metagross, then use my normal 'mons on the rest of his team.
    Official Claimer of Himself

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuColoredPichu View Post
    ...please tell me Steven isn't the Champion again, because I won't be able to beat the game...unless I bring a legendary along to kill Mega Metagross, then use my normal 'mons on the rest of his team.
    We're probably going to have to get Omega Ruby for Groudon to beat the game XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    We're probably going to have to get Omega Ruby for Groudon to beat the game XD
    Alternatively, as I'm getting Alpha Sapphire (as I owned Sapphire on GBA years ago), I'll just trade over my shiny Dialga from GameStop for the Elite Four. Then trade back after I beat Steven.

Eh, i always just used whatever fire-type i had on my team. Playthroughs where i picked torchick as my starter definitely helped. Personally, i never really had too much trouble with him. I'm just glad Wallace isn't still the champion, cuz he was way too f-ing easy. Just one good electric or grass-type would easily sweep his entire team.

It got weak to Dark and Ghost this gen because of the Steel nerf, so just get a Dark or Ghost and it goes down easily.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Blog Entries

I like my final bosses hard, thank you.

Apart from Kyogre and Groudon, the only Legendaries you can catch during the main story are the horribly underwhelming Regis, unless they make a Lati available earlier. You'd have a better chance sticking with Mega Evolutions--they have stats comparable to Legendaries and tend to have better stat distribution to boot.

...Maybe I'll hold off Mega Evolving against Steven.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    It got weak to Dark and Ghost this gen because of the Steel nerf, so just get a Dark or Ghost and it goes down easily.
    That I still think is one of the most unnecessary nerfs, but eh, whatever. At least Steven would be way better than what Diantha had to offer battle-wise.

That I still think is one of the most unnecessary nerfs, but eh, whatever. At least Steven would be way better than what Diantha had to offer battle-wise.
    I found them both easy and Steven "difficulty" is overrated, Diantha was only "easy" to some becasue the Exp.Share overleveled their mons, everything is easy when you are overleveled. Wallace on the other hand, has to be the biggest joke of a Champion ever.
    Last edited by Norzan; 14th July 2014 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I found them both easy and Steven "difficulty" is overrated, Diantha was only "easy" to some becasue the Exp.Share overleveled their mons, everything is easy when you are overleveled. Wallace on the other hand, has to be the biggest joke of a Champion ever.
    Uh, why is everyone assuming I used Exp. Share to overlevel my team when I say Diantha was easy? Diantha was still easy even though I didn't use the Exp. Share at all and despite my team being underleveled as hell her Mega Gardevoir was a big disappointment.

Steven's difficulty isn't really overrated, imo.

Uh, why is everyone assuming I used Exp. Share to overlevel my team when I say Diantha was easy? Diantha was still easy even though I didn't use the Exp. Share at all and despite my team being underleveled as hell her Mega Gardevoir was a big disappointment.

Steven's difficulty isn't really overrated, imo.
    Yes, it is, in my latest Sapphire playthrough i completely swept him with a team of 4 pokemon and they were in their early 50's, my Swampert 2HKO Metagross. So yes, Steven's "difficulty" is overrated, i would also say R/S/E difficulty is overrated, the older games seem to be more "difficult" because a bunch of types had terrible moves (like Fly being the best Flying type move) and also because there were was less pokemon to choose from (this problem is probably going to be in OR/AS if the Dex is not expanded).

Most of peple who say the older games are harder are the people who haven't played the older games in years, sure there also those who played the older games recently and find it harder than the new ones but it's not a fact that the new games are easier and the old ones are harder, like some people are trying to claim here. Wanna bet even if OR/AS doesn't have the Exp. Share, the Gym Leaders/E 4 teams are the same as the originals that there is going to be someone bitching and moaning that the OR/AS are easy?

Blog Entries

I'll just...use my shiny Dialga to kill it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast