Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also an

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also an

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also an

Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 202 track X and Y soundtrack also announced

A new Mega Evolution, Mega Kangaskhan, has been revealed at the 2013 Pokémon World Championships. As Mega Kangaskhan, the baby emerges from the pouch and participates in battle.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by SnorlaxMonster; 10th August 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 220 track X and Y soundtrack als

Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed into a more mature form and not the mother. Their new ability will certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mega Kangaskhan revealed at World Championships: 220 track X and Y soundtrack als

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed and not the mother. The ability is certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.
    Not really, when you use Protect in a Double Battle you're protected from all attacks.

Like I said in the other thread, I doubt this is necessarily Mega Kangaskhan attacking twice in that if it used Return, it would use Return again. It's obvious the child will be the source of the second move, but I doubt the child knows every move the mother does. What I think is that baby's attack will do ~1/4 to 1/3 of the damage that the Mother's attack did. Essentially a Life Orb boost without the drawback. Perhaps even up to 50% the damage, making it a Choice Band/Specs without the drawback, with the added bonus of it possibly breaking through Substitute while doing damage.
    SnorlaxMonster and fenyx4 like this.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    Seems like it's only the baby Kangaskhan that has transformed and not the mother. The ability is certainly play an annoying role for Protect users I believe.
    Not really, when you use Protect in a Double Battle you're protected from all attacks.
    Yeah, I forgot about that XD
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I hope that sound track will be available worldwide, and not just the Japanese iTunes

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, I doubt this is necessarily Mega Kangaskhan attacking twice in that if it used Return, it would use Return again. It's obvious the child will be the source of the second move, but I doubt the child knows every move the mother does. What I think is that baby's attack will do ~1/4 to 1/3 of the damage that the Mother's attack did. Essentially a Life Orb boost without the drawback. Perhaps even up to 50% the damage, making it a Choice Band/Specs without the drawback, with the added bonus of it possibly breaking through Substitute while doing damage.
    Now that we've got the video of the announcement, the secondary attack (which looks like Fire Punch to me) is much smaller, so this seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I hope that sound track will be available worldwide, and not just the Japanese iTunes
    Yep, it will. I'll clarify the article.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I like the idea of Mega Kangaskhan. I've always thought it would be a neat idea if the baby were to come out of it's mother's pouch and be involved with. I was hoping it would be a pre-evo, but no matter how it was done, I would of been fine with it. We still could get a pre-evo of Kangaskahn. Sure it's Mega version isn't much more different, but alot of the Megas were really overly design that it's neat to see a simpler one. I don't think a Pokemon getting a Mega form, doesn't completely eliminate the chances of it getting a pre-evo or regular evolution cause it's a temporary evolution anyway. Plus from what I'm hearing from the official site, they're "a transformation found only in the Kalos region" so it could mean they're only a thing in X and Y and once Gen VI is over we won't have to deal with them anymore.

I'm very excited for the soundtrack though! I know they've released soundtracks for Black and White and previous games, but they were Japan exclusive so the soundtrack being available in the US and all over the world makes em really happy. I really wish it's available physical CD, but iTunes download is suffice enough. Just will have to deal with it.

They showed it at the correct area. Where competitive players will crap themselves on how they will utilize a pokemon that can ATTACK TWICE IN ONE TURN!

Blog Entries

New. Favorite. Mega. Pokemon.

In my book, this beats a pre-evolution.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

Blog Entries

This has to be the most hilarious 'Mega forme' I have seen so far. Baby pops out of its pouch, and now suddenly the mother is a Mega forme duking it out with her child fighting alongside her. I mean, just wow... Wow.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I don't know whether I should laugh or clap my hands. Congratulations, Game Freak.

追放されたバカ

Now we just have to wait for Mega Dunsparce!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Now that we've got the video of the announcement, the secondary attack (which looks like Fire Punch to me) is much smaller, so this seems to be the case.
    I'd like to see another move or Fire Punch from the front view so that we know for sure its a Baby Fire Punch and not a generic no-name attack that will always do a certain percentage of it's parent's damage. I actually think 50% increase would be good if the Kangaskhan doesn't gain any additional stat increases since the mother doesn't seem to have changed, but the child. Sure, it's a baby being half as powerful as it's adult counter part, but it's not just a baby...its a Mega baby.

The Dark Pokemon Trainer Maple Man's Avatar
    Add Maple Man on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'm sure someone out there would share the soundtrack online anyway. And it is about time we have a release date for the soundtrack. The trailers have been teasing me with the music for quite some time now.
    You think the new character and Pokemon designs suck. Well, my art degree says your arguments are invalid.

Wow. I like this. It opens the possibilities of what a Mega Evolution can be and how it can look.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic68523_1.gif
    3DS Friend Code: 4699-6436-4610

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast