Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

It has been announced that Charizard can Mega Evolve into one of two forms. Mega Charizard Y is a Fire/Flying-type Pokémon with the Ability Drought. Mega Charizard X is a Fire/Dragon-type Pokémon with the new Ability Tough Claws.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by G50; 2nd October 2013 at 09:06 AM.
    davi likes this.

Default Re: Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claw

Wow this was not needed at all, though I guess we all know which Charizard will be used in competitive battles now.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

FC: Mana (4914-3452-1470)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill (X)

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So Mega Charizard X is for those who wish to specialize their Charizard in physical attack power, while Mega Charizard Y is for those who wish to use it for special attack. Plus, the X-version changes it to Fire/Dragon (fulfilling many fans' wishes in the process), but also neutralizing the Dragon type's natural weakness to Fairy-type attacks thanks to the fire-type.
    davi likes this.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I first saw this on a small Pokemon website and I thought somebody was just trying to be a troll, so I checked Serebii. I can't say I'm displeased with this since Mega Charizard Y was pretty disappointing, in my opinion. This one has a much better design and typing. I'm now intrigued by the fact that Game Freak is ok with changing typings completely for Mega Evolutions rather than just adding new types.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, This was totally unexpected. I like it (since I preordered Pokemon X :3) but surprised.
    The Charizard fans FINALLY got their wish.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I guess the big question now is if the other starters will receive another Mega. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a Charizard-specific situation. Among the first generation starters I mean, we already have this for Mewtwo.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

I hope we're not getting all Mega Evolutions as version-exclusive stuff. I was already unhappy with them, so two for each Pokémon is just disastrous to me. But on the other side, giving a preference to Charizard is unfair to the other starters. Sigh...
    Treacle and Charles Dunois like this.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Love it, Mega Charizard X > Mega Charizard Y.

Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

Wow, this is pretty sick. I love the design of Charizard X. Could be another reveal that were getting two mega forms of each mega evo Pokemon.

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I didn't expect this at all, wow. How can they keep surprising me like this? Shame, I really prefer Y over X, though. :(
    Charles Dunois and Mokoniki like this.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

It's amazing.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mega Charizard X has been announced: Has the new Ability Tough Claws

Charizard finally gets a Dragon type!!!!! The fandom's wishes have come true!
    Kalos Adventurer likes this.

I'll be frank
    i saw this coming a long time ago. Notice how the mega pokemon are either shaped in an X or Y way.

Blog Entries

And the other Kanto starters don't get alternate Mega formes?

Well, if there was any doubt before that Charizard was popular, that's all gone now.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Deitylight View Post
    I'll be frank
    i saw this coming a long time ago. Notice how the mega pokemon are either shaped in an X or Y way.
    I've also seen that most Mega Pokémon have either red or blue eyes like the logos of X and Y. Mega Charizard X has red eyes and Mega Charizard Y has blue eyes but Mega Mewtwo X has blue eyes and Mega Mewtwo Y has red eyes. This might mean that the yet to be revealed Mega Blastoise and Mega Venusaur evolutions could be exclusive to Y version with blue eyes since the currently known Kanto Starter Mega evolutions have red eyes like Mega Charizard X.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast