Masuda replies to tweet regarding remakes of Generation III games: Game Freak... - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Masuda replies to tweet regarding remakes of Generation III games: Game Freak...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Masuda to "consider" Ruby and Sapphire remakes: Game Freak director acknowledges

Except R/S remakes won't need to using the B/W Engine. Using the same engine it would be releases WAY sooner than Gen VI.

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Masuda to "consider" Ruby and Sapphire remakes: Game Freak director acknowledges

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They can stop the remakes here.

Platinum is essentially DP remade anyway.
    Might as well say that Emerald is essentially RS remade. At least Crystal had the Suicune plot added in...what did Emerald do storywise that RS didn't aside from that one cutscene with Rayquaza? xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Might as well say that Emerald is essentially RS remade. At least Crystal had the Suicune plot added in...what did Emerald do storywise that RS didn't aside from that one cutscene with Rayquaza? xD
    That was a bad analog... But why are you so against R/S being in Gen V?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Why, why, why, why, why, why?!

There isn't anything to fix in R/S besides the physical/special split and nearly all Hoenn Pokemon are available in the Gen 4 games, so a remake is completely unnecessary. Acknowledging the fan demand means that a company will be going down the toilet, just like what happened to the Sonic fanbase.
    As someone who frequents a Sonic forum and was an avid fan up until 2006 or 2007, no. Sega didn't listen to what the fans wanted and continually shit out garbage and sold it to the consumers. Only after Sonic games started bombing left and right did they learn something and move onto Unleashed and Colours. Even then they continue to screw up in the most basic of areas (Hello Sonic 4, I'm looking at you).

I doubt Masuda is listening to the fanbase like that anyways. Game Freak has probably been working on it and after seeing a surge in speculation, said something cryptic like he probably usually does in response to said speculation. Just look at the Pokemon introduced in R/S as well. They've all got unique sprite animations in Black/White while the others are based on Diamond/Pearl sprites. They didn't make those changes for fun, they made those changes because they've been working behind the scenes on the remakes for awhile now.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to it. I was initially skeptical of Gen VI's artistic approach for the overworld but it's grown on me. Much like when R/S were released and G/S began to feel horribly dated, R/S (and FireRed/LeafGreen by extension) feel very dated as well now. Breathing new life into something old is never a bad thing.

My real father lost his head at King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong. ~ Theon Greyjoy

No, Not Yet Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    That was a bad analog... But why are you so against R/S being in Gen V?
    How was it a bad analogy? All Platinum really added to the story was throwing Giratina into the Spear Pillar plot and the Distortion World. All Emerald did was put Rayquaza into the Sootopolis stuff.

And why am I against R/S being in Generation V? Simple - because I don't think it will happen. Why? Because:

GameFreak will want to move Pokémon to the Nintendo 3DS. However, interviews regarding Black and White detailed that one of the biggest challenges they faced was having them on the same console as Generation IV. Now, if they were to move Generation V to the 3DS, wouldn't that just create that problem again when it comes to making Generation VI?

So, from there it becomes logical that they will want to end Generation V as soon as possible so they can move onto the new hardware - releasing a third version for the DS in 2012 as the final game would make the generation as long as Generation II. Then in 2013, they can release Generation VI on the 3DS. Nintendo DS games are still being released even in 2012, as especially with the low adoption of the 3DS, Nintendo DS consoles are still very much around in the market (hence why Nintendo Europe are releasing a pink DSi XL later this year for example).

Also, @bluesun mentioned this before, but this is how he translated the twitter message:
    ‘Thank you! Your thoughts have been recieved. R/S are a very important work for me too. I want to create something good. Thank you!!’.

So there. No mention of RS remakes at all.

An R/S remake was probably already being worked on the moment HGSS finished completion.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    They can stop the remakes here.

Platinum is essentially DP remade anyway.
    Like Joshawott mentioned, Crystal was basically Gold and Silver remade and they still made HeartGold/SoulSilver. One could probably argue that every third version, at least from Crystal and onward, were a remake of the first two games in their respective generation. As long as they can make money off it it, I'm sure that they'll continue to remake Pokemon games.

I'm quite happy to hear this news. Even if R/S remakes aren't already in development, I think that this comment does make it even more clear that they're going to have remakes for the third generation games at some point. If they weren't, I don't think he would have responded to the comments. While I would prefer it if the R/S remakes come out within this generation, I'll be okay with them coming out at a later point too.

Joshawott makes a very strong point and it is a pity not enough people realize that. For the record, many fans have also tweeted Masuda about a third version, and he has dodged those questions like a bullet. On the other hand, someone asked about a TCG game reminiscent of the one for the Game Boy, and Masuda actually expressed interest. I think that goes to say a lot.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katelynn View Post
    As someone who frequents a Sonic forum and was an avid fan up until 2006 or 2007, no. Sega didn't listen to what the fans wanted and continually shit out garbage and sold it to the consumers. Only after Sonic games started bombing left and right did they learn something and move onto Unleashed and Colours. Even then they continue to screw up in the most basic of areas (Hello Sonic 4, I'm looking at you).
    Not according to what I've been told. Fans wanted another Sonic Adventure game, so SEGA created Sonic 06, but it was a complete mess due to the Christmas Rush. Next, fans wanted Sonic to be the only playable character and include less characters, so they created Sonic Unleashed, but the Werehog levels ruined the experience. Now, fans wanted SEGA to go back to the series's 2D roots, so Sonic 4 was made, but surprise surprise, the same fans bashed it for literally not being identical to the Genesis games because Sonic's eyes are still green eye, grass is plastic, etc. SEGA themselves admitted that they can't please everyone, so this gives out a lesson to companies about the dangers of listening to the fanbase, and Pokemon is no exception. Just imagine the backlash if they listened to the Gen 1-2 fanbase.

Not according to what I've been told. Fans wanted another Sonic Adventure game, so SEGA created Sonic 06, but it was a complete mess due to the Christmas Rush. Next, fans wanted Sonic to be the only playable character and include less characters, so they created Sonic Unleashed, but the Werehog levels ruined the experience. Now, fans wanted SEGA to go back to the series's 2D roots, so Sonic 4 was made, but surprise surprise, the same fans bashed it for literally not being identical to the Genesis games because Sonic's eyes are still green eye, grass is plastic, etc. SEGA themselves admitted that they can't please everyone, so this gives out a lesson to companies about the dangers of listening to the fanbase, and Pokemon is no exception. Just imagine the backlash if they listened to the Gen 1-2 fanbase.
    Sonic Unleashed w/o the werehog levels were the sweet spot with me. Blazing speed from the old days brought to the new age. Sonic 4 was pretty good as well, I still preferred Sonic 3 over Sonic 4 though.

As much as I really want RSEmakes, I wouldn't mind waiting a generation or two for it, so as long as it happens eventually. We don't know how long it'll be until remakes of remakes are made (if ever), so I'd be content with waiting if it means that Hoenn would stay more updated. Not to mention, the longer it is until the remakes, the more nostalgia the remakes will crank out of us.

Just please, no FRLG remakes. That would be the most pointless move to make right now. The Kanto 'mon are all pathetically easy to obtain currently. Market-wise, HGSS brought back a lot of the pre-gen III fans and that was still fairly recent, so I can't see what FRLG remakes would help, unless a lot of fans are really nostalgic for the Sevii Islands...

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Joshawott makes a very strong point and it is a pity not enough people realize that. For the record, many fans have also tweeted Masuda about a third version, and he has dodged those questions like a bullet. On the other hand, someone asked about a TCG game reminiscent of the one for the Game Boy, and Masuda actually expressed interest. I think that goes to say a lot.
    I agree with this. I understood the whole point of both of you two, and that is a relief to me. Personally, even if the GBA and DS are both dead, I really question myself the need for these remakes, especially after the multiple changes made to the plot in Emerald. Constructing a third version out of two games, with larger improvements, is easy and it almost always comes off well, but constructing two games out of one and reincorporating the changes made from said game, I'm not sure. Unless the remake is only of Emerald, that is, which would be a big surprise.

Plus, they promised us something fresh and new for next year, which is we've really been needing besides the implied third version due to lack of any statements (as per Silktree's point). They don't really need to rely on nostalgia. More like the contrary; I mean, I love Hoenn overall, but a reasonable part of us wants more new rising figures and plots instead of constantly recycling the old ones.

In conclusion, even if doesn't last long, everything has its time, and Hoenn had it, as did Kanto, Johto and probably Sinnoh by Gen VI (as we still have characters from that region running around). I read the whole tweet where Masuda stated that he had R/S remakes in consideration due to them being very important to him, but he can as well drop that consideration as quick as a burning match in the future.

-double checks it's not April 1st-

yup. it's october alright. and i'm cold

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Pearl friend code: 1334 8992 8416
    White friend code: 1334 7742 9693

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why, why, why, why, why, why?!

There isn't anything to fix in R/S besides the physical/special split and nearly all Hoenn Pokemon are available in the Gen 4 games, so a remake is completely unnecessary. Acknowledging the fan demand means that a company will be going down the toilet, just like what happened to the Sonic fanbase.
    You could catch all the Johto Pokemon in the Gen III games + Cube Spinoffs.

Besides, the Sonic games got better once Sega acknowledged the fanbase, they fixed Sonic 4 and made Colors and Generations for da fans.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

2nd post. This 'news' should be deleted. It's inaccurate. He hasn't 'considered' anything. I'm reading that it actually translates as: ‘Thank you! Your thoughts have been recieved. R/S are a very important work for me too. I want to create something good. Thank you!!’

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Pearl friend code: 1334 8992 8416
    White friend code: 1334 7742 9693

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast