March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently available

Thread: March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently available

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently available

March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently available

A new month has brought players new Pokémon Global Link promotions. Japanese accounts have access to a Ducklett C-Gear skin until April 27, while PAL region accounts may obtain Lucario until May 23 through passwords from Eurogamer.

Read more on Bulbanews

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently availab

I was excited, until I clicked on the Bulbanews article and read the details >.>

Another cute C-gear skin that players outside of Japan can't get.

Also, it is bullshit that PAL gamers can get a Lucario w/ Justified and Bullet Punch without having to pay money but American gamers can't. What is the Pokemon company thinking??

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: March brings new Global Link promotions: Ducklett skin, Lucario currently availab

Quote Originally Posted by derp derp derp View Post
    I was excited, until I clicked on the Bulbanews article and read the details >.>

Also, it is bullshit that PAL gamers can get a Lucario w/ Justified and Bullet Punch without having to pay money but American gamers can't. What is the Pokemon company thinking??
    Well didn't the Koreans have to pay for a magazine or something in order to get Passwords for the DW starters? I don't think it's really such a big deal that the Europeans get a freebie, I mean, the Lucario isn't even female so it's not really worth fussing over, IMHO.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by derp derp derp View Post

Well didn't the Koreans have to pay for a magazine or something in order to get Passwords for the DW starters? I don't think it's really such a big deal that the Europeans get a freebie, I mean, the Lucario isn't even female so it's not really worth fussing over, IMHO.
    I don't care about the Lucario, although looking at how I worded my post, it does come across as if I'm angry XD

I'm more amused at how ass backwards the thinking behind this is. If you have an event that required a purchase in region 1 and you release that same event later in region 2, you should require a purchase in region 2 as well. Conversely, if you have a event that was free in region 1 and you release that same event later in region 2, it's not fair to ask the people of region 2 to pay to have access to the event.

I don't know if the people in charge of these things don't talk to each other, have a really short memory, or what, but it just seems whack XD
    Last edited by Luminosity; 2nd March 2012 at 12:19 AM.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm Australian and after Nintendo of Australia totally screwed us over with a distinct lack of a Celebi event near Black and White's launch, I'll take what I can get...

Yeah, there does seem to be a disconnect between all the different people who are in charge of these things. With Wi-Fi being as widespread as it is nowadays, I can't see why they don't just have ALL of these sorts of events run from 1 department somewhere, and have them for everyone...
    My Friend Code: 2836 – 0113 – 5349
    Mii name: Night
    In-game name: Night

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

It's funny that this news broke the same day I finally gave in and picked up yet another copy of Black at Target just for the Lucario. I suppose it's only fair considering the excellent treatment Americans have had with events for such a long time. I dislike the lack of uniformity, though.

Australia still seems to get the shaft, but lately Europe's being treated really well (at least by Nintendo). Not just with Dream World and Mystery Gift events (still no signs of things like ANA Darkrai or the movie Reshiram/Zekrom in the US) but also in areas like 3DS eShop releases, games receiving near simultaneous launches with the US (with many releasing first due to the whole Friday vs. Sunday thing), and getting a lot of odds and ends that fans in the US had to wait ages to be announced for released (Xenoblade, The Last Story) or are still MIA (Pandora's Tower, Inazuma Eleven 1-2).

Post Thanks / Like

Umm, I'm from Canada so we pretty much have the same games as Americans (meaning not PAL) and when I went onto my account on Global Link, it showed that Lucario was able to be downloaded if I had the code. I put in the English code (from the article) and received the Lucario. I don't know if Global Link for some reason says Canada is part of PAL even though we shouldn't be or what but I was able to get the Lucario available. If it works for any Americans, somebody might want to post it. And before anybody says that Canada is in fact part of PAL, then since I live in a border city (I live about 5 minutes away from the United States), why would I have been able to download Pokemon that were given away (for Black and White, I downloaded the eggs that were given away a while back as well as several before Gen V came out) if my games weren't the same? I already have two versions of each game so since I didn't want to purchase a third version, I figured I was screwed as well. But when I saw the article, I thought I'd take a wild shot in the dark to see if it worked. I can't believe it paid off. You might want to check yours though to see if it'll work. I'm not sure if it will. I think it would though. If I'm wrong, let me know (I'm sure somebody'll tell me in this thread) and I'll edit this to say I'm wrong.

Edit: Guess I'm wrong. Looks like it won't work for the US. Umm, Go Canada?!?!?
    Last edited by Terraferme; 5th March 2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Later info

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@Terraferme
    I'm from the U.S., and the PAL Lucario promotion doesn't show up for me at all when I'm logged into the PGL, even after clicking on Promotions. I think, at least for this promo, they are treating Canada like it is part of PAL, which in a way makes sense since the special copies of Black and White are/were only sold in the U.S and not the U.S. and Canada.

Post Thanks / Like

I made up a Global Link file with new fake information (all made up except for email) and I choose the US as home and under my profile, it says United States of America and under Promotions, it has two things (again, I just made it up today): Receive the Mythical Pokemon Arceus and Befriend a Battle-Ready Lucario.
    Last edited by Terraferme; 5th March 2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: missed a word: fake

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terraferme View Post
    I made up a Global Link file with new fake information (all made up except for email) and I choose the US as home and under my profile, it says United States of America and under Promotions, it has two things (again, I just made it up today): Receive the Mythical Pokemon Arceus and Befriend a Battle-Ready Lucario.
    The Battle-Ready Lucario requires one of the one time use codes. I copied and pasted the English code for the PAL promo and it wouldn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. That's weird. Why does Canada get PAL Lucario when Canada has also gotten America downloads? Sorry that I got your hopes up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Huh. That's weird. Why does Canada get PAL Lucario when Canada has also gotten America downloads? Sorry that I got your hopes up.
    No worries, I wasn't interested in the Lucario (if it had worked it would have just gone in a box). I just wanted to check if it did work in case other people wanted one :)

And who knows why the Pokemon Company does what it does sometimes haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

It's likely Lucario was meant to be a free promotion in all regions at first. Target likely approached TPCi and Nintendo requesting an exclusive promotion (this happens with toys all the time) and since Lucario was one of the GL Pokemon they were already getting ready to release anyway they decided to give it to Target instead. From what I understand, Target is only just now starting to expand into Canada so giving Canada the PAL version of the promotion made the most sense at this point in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, I live in Canada and got the Lucario with the "LUCAEUROGAMERNET" password.