Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

Blog Entries
    Add Lord_Mewtwo on Facebook
    Visit Lord_Mewtwo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

If it's in Widescreen I'll buy it.
    Creator of The How Much Japanese Music Is Kept In The Dub Thread Last updated 8-21-11
    The user formerly known as kenai3000
    Back into Pokemon and am now more of a fan than ever

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

Looks like the listing was updated:

"Format: Full Screen, NTSC"

I kind of expected a repress of the original disc anyway.

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I wonder if this movie and the one following it will ever be released on DVD in the UK?
    Exactly. I've never seen a Pokémon DVD on sale in my life (apart from Darkrai in my library), but hopefully they will bring it here...OR I'LL HAVE A WORD WITH THEM.

Haters gonna hate

Moe
    Blog Entries

So my wait for my favourite movie on Blu-Ray continues - my hopes were raised for a moment there before I clicked the thread.

Blog Entries

A Blu-ray for this movie would be incredible - but if Viz was going to do Blu's they'd do movies 8-15/16/however many there are in one go. As it stands, the region-free Australian Blu-rays of 12-15 are all there is for the Viz movies.

Full-screen for this would be a complete cop-out seeing as there are dubbed widescreen masters (as in, with English credits) of every movie and movie 8's been available in widescreen in Australia since 2006.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

No widescreen = no buy. Period

I don't know what VIZ media's problem is, but their policies with pokemon is REALLY starting to tick me off. First, with the show itself, they completely skip over seasons on DVD boxset releases (Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, advanced challenge, advanced battle, etc), then they refuse to release blu-rays of the movies, and they are still refusing to release in widescreen.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

We know TPCi has access to the widescreen version, there's screenshots on their official website.
    (Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew | Movies | Pokemon.com)

So why can't TPCi give Viz this version to use?

Also, when they used 4:3 on the last DVD, did they letterbox it or crop it?

Example:
    Original:

Letterboxed:

Cropped:

I own the first 7 movies on DVD (trying to show them all to my girlfriend so I'm not really going out of my way to get them, and the first 7 movies have been in nice 3 movie and 4 movie sets)
    This movie though has always been harder to find though. Glad to see it's being re-released.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    So why can't TPCi give Viz this version to use?
    They can. Viz probably is too lazy to author the DVD once more, when they have an usable master. They just don't really care, probably.

And letterboxing isn't what your pic shows ;)

追放されたバカ

This was my favorite movie! This is great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12