Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

  1. #1
    Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 20

    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24, 2013

    Amazon has put up a listing for a re-release of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, with a release date of Sept. 24, 2013 for the US and Canada.

    Read more on Bulbanews

  2. #2
    PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    251
    Blog Entries
    96

    Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    This is one of my favorite Pokémon movies. Sure, I hate when the plot has no real villain, but otherwise it was pretty good for a Pokémon movie.
    When I'm rich and/or no longer jobless, I want all of the anime DVDs (instead of just unofficial sources).

  3. #3
    Statistical Anomaly Yoshi1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Anyone think they might be doing this in part because Mewtwo is in movie 16? It's a bit of a stretch, but there could be a connection.

  4. #4
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    334

    Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Excuse me, but I reported this to BulbaNews DAYS before Yoshi1001 and even made a thread for it in the Anime Section. Can't I be credited too?

  5. #5
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,999
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    I wonder if this movie and the one following it will ever be released on DVD in the UK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Excuse me, but I reported this to BulbaNews DAYS before Yoshi1001 and even made a thread for it in the Anime Section. Can't I be credited too?
    I can't speak for the BulbaNews administration, but did you submit an article about it on the BulbaNews website? Because the "Reported on Bulbanews by Yoshi1001" isn't a credit, but it's a note that Yoshi1001 actually wrote and submitted the article.

  6. #6
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    334

    Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I wonder if this movie and the one following it will ever be released on DVD in the UK?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Excuse me, but I reported this to BulbaNews DAYS before Yoshi1001 and even made a thread for it in the Anime Section. Can't I be credited too?
    I can't speak for the BulbaNews administration, but did you submit an article about it on the BulbaNews website? Because the "Reported on Bulbanews by Yoshi1001" isn't a credit, but it's a note that Yoshi1001 actually wrote and submitted the article.
    I know I submitted an article. I did it right before I made the thread. And if by someone msitake of the system that my article got lost, I feel I should still get credit of reporting it by making the thread. This is my first anime-related news post and I'd like to be recognized as reporting it.

  7. #7
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Awesome. This is my absolute favorite Pokemon movie and it's one of the reasons why Lucario is my favorite Pokemon. I'll have to get it sometime after it comes out. I hope that it doesn't include that Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special though. I hated how that was included with the original release of the movie and it wouldn't make much sense to include it here when the tenth anniversary has come and gone.

  8. #8
    The Burning Blade FireBlader15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Milford CT
    Posts
    47
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Awesome. This is my absolute favorite Pokemon movie and it's one of the reasons why Lucario is my favorite Pokemon. I'll have to get it sometime after it comes out. I hope that it doesn't include that Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special though. I hated how that was included with the original release of the movie and it wouldn't make much sense to include it here when the tenth anniversary has come and gone.
    We can see by your avatar plus it is my favorite Pokèmon movie has well and Lucario is one of my favorite Pokèmon has wel

  9. #9
    Statistical Anomaly Yoshi1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Just to set the record straight, I posted this on my site's blog Thursday morning before leaving for US Nationals (furthermore, I tweeted it about an hour before writing the post). I figured it could stand to reach a larger audience, so I wrote up a Bulbanews article based on my blog post, not knowing of Fennekin's post (I'm glad someone else noticed this, however).

  10. #10
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    334

    Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    Just to set the record straight, I posted this on my site's blog Thursday morning before leaving for US Nationals (furthermore, I tweeted it about an hour before writing the post). I figured it could stand to reach a larger audience, so I wrote up a Bulbanews article based on my blog post, not knowing of Fennekin's post (I'm glad someone else noticed this, however).
    O.K, I see that you did post this on your site Thursday. I thought you reported it on Saturday according to the news article here. Sorry!

  11. #11
    Collects stuff Thingamajig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    652
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    It's probably to bring it in line with the other PUSA/TPCi/Viz releases. That should mean widescreen. Also probably saves a few bucks by not having to print the MoMP disc anymore.

  12. #12
    Statistical Anomaly Yoshi1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    It'll be interesting to see what develops. I noticed that the current studio listed is "Warner Home Video", this was initially listed for the Rival Destinies volume on set that releases two weeks before, but later changed to Viz with some additional information (if I had to guess, I'd say that someone from Warner makes the initial entry that populates Amazon, then later Viz sends one in). I think whether this one ends up being widescreen depends on whether a widescreen version was made earlier and not released at the time (we saw this with movies 6 and 7).

  13. #13
    The Dark Pokemon Trainer Maple Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    St. Helen, Michigan
    Posts
    66
    Add Maple Man on Facebook

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    I am glad they are re-releasing the movie. I downloaded the movie to watch and judge how good the movie is. I really like it and is one of my top favorite Pokémon movies. I can't wait and buy an actual copy. Did they mention if it is going to be on Blu-Ray or not? Will it also include the original Japanese dub as well? I don't care either way, though, I just want to know.
    You think the new character and Pokemon designs suck. Well, my art degree says your arguments are invalid.

  14. #14
    So what's your wish? Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,671
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    This is, like, the best pokemon movie ever. If they include the original Japanese version as well, then I might consider buying it.

  15. #15
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew to be re-released: Movie 8 returns to DVD Sept. 24

    While providing the Japanese version of the movie in this release would be all kinds of awesomeness, it's pretty unlikely, if not impossible. TPCI hasn't really shown any interest in releasing the Japanese versions of any of the movies and I'm not even sure if they could do that, or if the process of getting the Japanese version included with the dub would be worthwhile to them. So, it will most likely be a dub-only release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •