Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

The announcement of Triple Battles has made me seriously question just how innovative Black and White really are. I sorely hope that single battles will feel different in at least one fundamental way (not new Pokémon, moves or abilities). Mind you, Double Battles didn't come at the expense of introducing abilities.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: Three on Three: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-har

You're article was lovely and wonderful because apparently I can't give criticism that I was hoping you'd use to make the column more interesting in the future.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th July 2010 at 03:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I don't see the need to be aggressive. Let's remember that no one is getting paid for submitting opinion pieces; attacking their opinion is one thing, but if you're just annoyed that someone deemed their input more insightful than everyone else's, write your own piece and prove them wrong.

Blog Entries

You're absolutely right, you've gotten my thoughts pinned right down. That's exactly what I felt.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th July 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Considering how people think you phrase all your posts as facts when they are opinion, I didn't think I'd get a lesson in posting style from you.
    I haven't been told that for quite some time, but feel free to continue being needlessly dismissive.

I had problems with specific things said in the article, I quoted it. I merely decided to quote the rest of the article to be thorough and so the author knows I read the whole thing.
    I see one valid point about Double Battles not being very prominent in Ruby and Sapphire, but the rest is just complaining about the writer presenting fan consensus as if it were an original opinion - that is not real criticism. I don't disagree with you, but you could have made your point in a far less pretentious way.

Everyone and their mother criticizes everyone else regardless of whether they can do it themselves or not. People go around complaining about how all music sucks nowadays without having picked up an instrument. 90% of this forum spout out how uninspired Pokemon is while not having a single original thought in their heads either.
    Is that supposed to be real rationalization?

Blog Entries

Apparently I can't even get one line of what I thought in.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th July 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I wanted an actual opinion. The only real opinion was probably the last line.
    We get it. How much grief are you going to give the author over this?

Easy boys.

I really can't wait how this triple battle thing will work out.
    It could possibly make or break the franchise.

Thanks.
    [ Rest in Peace, Takeshi Shudo ]

Awesome banner made by BlazaKing EX, thanks:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chebon View Post
    I see it doing neither.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameil View Post
    Ugh, more from this clown? I am all for opinion columns in the news section or whatever, but at least make them interesting. I'm a "life long die-hard" too, doesn't make what I have to say interesting or insightful.
    "oh man i've been into pokemon FOREVER (but it's somewhat likely i skipped RSE) and i have an opinion on something recent!"

Yeah, I'm sick of it too. :/ Like I've said umpteen times, the opinion columns have potential, but it feels like all the same junk to me (with a few exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    I didn't actually play RSE. That was just what I've heard.
    Then don't post about it making it sound like you have...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    We get it. How much grief are you going to give the author over this?
    The one line after I deleted everything else I said? But fine, I guess I can't have that.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I don't see it having that extreme of an impact on the series. If triple battles turn out to be crap, they'll just drop them from the next game. And unless ~EVERY BATTLE~ in B&W is a triple battle, I doubt that it would turn too many people away from the games (if the triple battles suck).

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    I see it doing neither.
    So you're saying even though they are implanting a new game function, that the franchise will stay the same?

Don't you think if the function turns out to be a success, it will attract more fans, or even bring back veterans?

But, if it turns out to be a ridiculous function, they quite possibly could lose fans.

I don't think the franchise will stay the same after this function is released.

Thanks.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    I don't see it having that extreme of an impact on the series. If triple battles turn out to be crap, they'll just drop them from the next game. And unless ~EVERY BATTLE~ in B&W is a triple battle, I doubt that it would turn too many people away from the games (if the triple battles suck).
    Yeah, you're right about that.
    We don't know if every battle is a triple battle.
    Guess we'll just have to see.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

So you're saying even though they are implanting a new game function, that the franchise will stay the same?

Don't you think if the function turns out to be a success, it will attract more fans, or even bring back veterans?

But, if it turns out to be a ridiculous function, they quite possibly could lose fans.

I don't think the franchise will stay the same after this function is released.

Thanks.
    It more or less stayed the same with double battles. Adding one more character will not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ino-chan View Post
    It more or less stayed the same with double battles. Adding one more character will not change anything.
    Yeah, that's true as well.
    I'm just concerned about the duration of the battle, and if all the battles are triple battles.
    I'm sure there should be an option or something like that.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 7th August 2011, 03:55 PM