Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Alright then, I'm sorry about not being accurate on a detail, but still it doesn't really mean you could ignore the rest of the post because of it >_>

I'm just kinda tired of the glorifying of Team Rocket in general. Aside from being the first villains of the series, what makes them so super amazing?
    I don't think it was an over-glorification so much as providing the readers an interesting read. Yeah, the author could have used the other villains, but I think the main point about this article was to point out how ridiculous the new teams are, in that their plans are always almost destroying the world.

Now, Team Aqua and Magma, yeah. Those guys were ridiculous. They wanted to make the world a better place to live. On thought it would be better if they flooded it. The other thought a drought would make people happy. They get what they want, realize the folly of their ways, and make a heel-face turn. A high school education may have been enough to prevent this.

Now the article doesn't really touch on this point, but from the outside looking in, the two Hoenn teams probably looked like they were only after powerful Pokemon and certainly did act like terrorists. It's not like they made it obvious to the rest of the world what they were doing.

The same could be said for Cyrus' plan. Yeah, his plan was to destroy the universe, but to make a new one in its place. Not many people knew of this plan, and looking at it after the fact makes it seem like he's an omnicidal maniac. If there was no research done, then such a subtle reference at their posing as an energy company would probably have been missed. His only redeeming quality is that he knew he was going to destroy existence.

So why is Giovanni a good avatar for these opinions? He was the only one who's plans didn't result in near-destruction of the world as we know it. Cyrus was insane, Team Aqua and Magma were extremists. Giovanni was perhaps the most level-headed one of all the leaders.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

It's obviously not Giovanni who wrote this (aside from the fact he's dead).

The real Giovanni would know what Team Plasma's goals were, since Team Plasma likes to shout them to the world. This is an impostor. I blame Petrel.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ryuutakeshi- View Post
    It's obviously not Giovanni who wrote this (aside from the fact he's dead).

The real Giovanni would know what Team Plasma's goals were, since Team Plasma likes to shout them to the world. This is an impostor. I blame Petrel.

"You blundering oaf! I'm merely on vacation. Notice my spiffy sunglasses."
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Blog Entries

To be honest, I don't see what Giovanni has to be worried about.

^This further proves it wasn't the real Giovanni who wrote this. Because if he had seen how ridiculous they are, he wouldn't be inclined to tell his operatives that they're a potential threat. If he's looking for a threat in Isshu, he should be setting his sights on N instead.

The writing style PH used in this one is called "Perspective", or "Narrative"; it's a legitimate writing style.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_view_%28fiction%29

Like some, including PH himself in his article, pointed out, all the available info out there on Team Plasma is only how they look like. Instead of posting an analysis on such an incomplete piece of info, he added some bits of comparison to previous Teams and made it a sizable piece of text. Basically, he rewrote the sentence "Not enough information" into a point-of-view letter by a character who normally won't be involved in the said topic. Call it out-of-character if one wills; it's certainly something unexpected. That's not bad a trait at all, for somebody who's writing regularly for a column.
    Exactly. So I don't see what the problem is here... to be honest, this type of article is a nice break from all the hectic news rushes 'n stuff from the past week. That's at least how I look at it anyways...
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Muffin View Post
    Team Plasma: Converting ye non believers to Catholicism since 2010

c'mon, I can't be the only person that thinks they look like nuns?
    I still think they are more similar to knights. I don't think any type of nuns would dress like that ... D:

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melaugh View Post
    The words Retardation, Retarded, and Retard were never meant to be used as a higher up word for stupidity
    Nor where moron or gay, and I don't think rape was meant to mean overkill either.

The article was medicore, nothing interesting really.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Is it time to dust off my team Galactic uniform already? Methinks a war is imminent.

Hero of the mediocore Nt '95 trainer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Giovanni is clearly a rambly fool.
    *OOC*
    SRSY, from in story, M/A were off subject.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234