Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Default Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

Greetings my fellow leaders of Team Rocket. I write to you from a location I must keep secret, but I assure you I am planning a glorious and triumphant return as you read this. Like Ho-oh rising from the ashes, we will return again, more powerful than before. But there is a more pressing matter at hand: a newly discovered rival in the Isshu region, Team Plasma.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Looking Forward: The Plasma Report: TOP SECRET

So he lives...

Blog Entries

what was that? It's not NEWS!

From the Unova Division AgentRosa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Rocket will rise again; greater, more powerful, and more feared than any other group on Earth. I have a plan, perhaps my greatest yet, to tilt the balance of the world into the favor of Team Rocket. We will begin soon.
    Son of a bitch... they're planning another forum takeover. Maybe we should have a Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma Takeover once Black and White are released?

I don't believe it... even Cyrus can "horrify" the Magnificent Bastard himself. o.O

But anyways... I'm really anxious to see what the full extent of Plasma's plans are. I'm suprised that "Giovanni" had completely missed the part where they go around and steal other's Pokemon in order to liberate them from their trainers though. Gio, I DISAPPOINT!
    "He just put on 300,000 pounds....I'm SO jealous." Raven, Teen Titans

Have you heard of the saying "opening a can of whoop-ass"? I did that once in a dream.... I opened an aluminum can labled "whoop-ass" on somebody, and they disintegrated.

My favorite Bulbagarden smiley:

The presentation is slightly silly, but the article itself... It can easily be explained.

Due to the fact that Pokémon themselves are never portrayed as evil on their own, the major antagonistic force is going to always be people who use Pokémon to further their own goals. It's just that the goals are getting more and more elaborate. In much the same ways that legendaries get more and more fantastic as the series goes on, so do the evil teams.

We started with regular criminals who merely use Pokémon for profit (although fanon would tell you that they had a hand in creating Mewtwo... which they did not). As the game's various plots got more complex, the next step is to of course, use the box legendary to further their goals. For Gen V we will be getting much the same. They may want to use the powers of either Reshiram or Zekrom (so far, both have powers over fire and electricity... both of which are plasma-based) to do... something. So far they seem to want to separate Pokémon from people. Whatever that might mean.

EDIT: I'm sick of Team Rocket wanking though. Is it a nostalgia thing? I mean, as the series goes onward, Team Rocket is becoming less and less of a legitimate threat. Especially when bigger and badder villainous forces come out of the woodwork. What makes Team Rocket so popular... That might be a better article to write about.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    We started with regular criminals who merely use Pokémon for profit (although fanon would tell you that they had a hand in creating Mewtwo... which they did not).
    Fanon that was furthered by the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofPH View Post
    Fanon that was furthered by the anime.
    Bullshit. I don't really remember Team Rocket scientists ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo. I think they only enlisted it into their services. Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which was a costly error.

I don't see why Team Rocket couldn't have been involved in the creation of Mewtwo, though of course there's no in-game evidence to support this. However, there is some evidence that Sabrina (or at least some members of her gym) were involved in the Silph Co. takeover. That'd be cool if true.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by minimag View Post
    what was that? It's not NEWS!
    Open your local newspaper. Does it have opinions, personality pieces, and even the occasional short story?

Thought so.

BulbaNews is an interwebs newspaper. In the past, columns and other non-news pieces were common (See: Columns). This rejuvenation of regular columns started months ago. There are even three other non-news pieces currently on the front page (The Stuff of Legend and two Origin of Species pieces), so it isn't like this change should come as a shock at this point.

Don't like non-news in your newspaper? Well, you can always not click on it.
    Last edited by Nelly; 12th August 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Bullshit. I don't remember Team Rocket ever ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo only enlisting it into their services... Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which is costly since well, it is a far more powerful Pokémon.
    It was stated in the opening narration, "Giovanni is financing our experiment, for he wants to control the most powerful Pokémon in the world."

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bullshit. I don't really remember Team Rocket scientists ACTUALLY MAKING Mewtwo. I think they only enlisted it into their services. Only to make the classic mistake of treating it as any other Pokémon. Which was a costly error.
    Treating it as any other Pokemon? Giovanni had specially made armour to suppress its power so it was easier to control.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofPH View Post
    It was stated in the opening narration, "Giovanni is financing our experiment, for he wants to control the most powerful Pokémon in the world."
    Well I'm sorry I don't spend my time watching terrible movies.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't understand the passive aggression to such a simple response. Besides, the first movie was released during the peak of Pokemon's fad phase, most children have probably watched it at the time. It's not too far out of the question an older fan would have seen it, compared to the recent movies which go straight to DVD. Your response makes it seem like you've watched it too >_>

OMFG HE IS ALIVE
    that is interesting to right an article like that but i do believe that N is the leader of plasma and he/them wants to use pokemon as slaves and i guess do want reshiram and zekrom for retarded reasons, correct me if im wrong
    http://tpmrpg.net/images/pokemon/ShinyMewtwo.png

I HASSSSSSS ONEEEEEE
    NO CHEATSSSSS OR TRICKSSSSSS

WHITE FRIEND CODE: 0389-8228-4741

You get a piece of information wrong and now you have to resort to aggression? Just own the fuck up and say "oops, my mistake".

As for this report, I'm not one of those people who get a kick out of the mock-fiction.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast