Looking Forward: It Isshu What It Is: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-ha - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: It Isshu What It Is: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-ha

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Looking Forward: It Isshu What It Is: Outlook and speculation from a life long di

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    In FR/LG, the Sevii Islands more then made up for the "compactness" Kanto had. In fact, I sorta felt it had more of a connection with Jotho, and I seem to spend way more time on those islands then in Kanto itself (save for the Safari Zone).
    Maybe its because the Sevii Islands used Johto Music. :P

As far as regional diversity goes, Hoenn wins and thats a fact. You may or may not like the region itself but there is no denying that it was the most diverse region ever. Sinnoh definitely comes very close though.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Looking Forward: It Isshu What It Is: Outlook and speculation from a life long di

Sinnoh is my favorite region just take a look at mt stark or new moon island or flower pardise expessically were legendaries are its amazing and detailed

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    Cuz Toronto is AWESOME :O
    HELL YEAH O_O

So, a 3D Hoenn is in the mix, huh.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    It is true that Kanto is horribly bland because of the graphics, technology, etc at the time of Generation I, but they've had plenty of time to add onto it and they haven't. It still is boring and bland.
    That, I think, is because of GameFreak's slavish dedication to continuity with previous releases. Kanto is as bland today as it was in 1998 for the same reason that new pre-evolutions need strange incenses to justify their existence and stranger and stranger methods keep popping up for new evolutions. A lot of this idiocy could be rectified with some simple retconning, but that's a rant for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
    I want to think Isshu's like Oblivia: a completely original location. Other than Santiago, I can't think of any other big city that borders both the ocean and the desert. Yet Chile's mostly desert while Isshu is more green than Johto.
    You can't think of any other city bordering the ocean and the desert? How about Los Angeles?

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Maybe its because the Sevii Islands used Johto Music. :P
    Did I say Jotho? I ment Hoenn! D:

(It was late... sue me...)
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Maybe the water reminded you of Hoenn. Aside from the whole Ruby and Saphhire side quest. I would be reminded of Hoenn too.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Did I say Jotho? I ment Hoenn! D:
    I'm curious. Are you typing "Jotho" on purpose? Or is that the way Johto is spelled in another language?

Anyhoo... I definitely put Hoenn in the top spot for Main Game regions.

Sinnoh is my last pick, oddly enough. It was the one I was looking forward to the most when first announced. You had Hoenn, the Okinawa equivalent, taking care of warm tropical weather. And then you had Sinnoh, the Hokkaido equivalent, taking care of cold and snow. What a perfect balance for the regions besides Johto/Kanto!

But there's a lot of land, which is something I've come to realize that I hate. Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto all have really awesome water routes for you to get off the mainland and explore. Sinnoh... has mountains. Specifically, one big mountain. Maybe I'm just naturally opposed to caves, but the terrain just really wasn't kind to me.

But Sinnoh does have some amazing cities and locations that I hope Isshu lives up to. Sunyshore, Jubilife, Snowpoint, Hearthome, Canalave, Pastoria (Eterna and Oreburgh not so much). Lakeside Resort, Valley Windworks, Fuego Ironworks, Eterna Forest, Iron Island, the Great Marsh. Lots of old Pokemon ideas re-envisioned.

The best part of course is all the secret that we get to discover. Let's hope Isshu has many secrets.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    I'm curious. Are you typing "Jotho" on purpose? Or is that the way Johto is spelled in another language?
    Perhaps I'm dyslexic when it comes to names of fictional countries D:
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

The one aspect I always liked about Sinnoh was how it was shrouded in mythology myself. You had Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Azelf, Mespirit, and Uxie being heralded as gods, and being treated as such. Sure Johto was the first one to do with Ho-oh and Lugia, but with Sinnoh, I couldn't help but shake the feeling that it felt like that they made a religion out of it.

As for the land, Kanto was a little boring in Gen I and the Gen III remakes, but it was expanded on in Gen II with it's ever expanding technology with the Train, and the fact they replaced the tower with a radio one, there's also them not doing anything about Cinnabar as well. Johto land was one of the few things it had going for it, especially with it's massive lake, the lighthouse, the city. Though I do love how Hoenn was different and how they treated the land differently, especially with places like Fortree. Though with Sinnoh, I saw it as the best parts of all of them to make for one interesting land, you had a city, a marsh, a city that runs on technology, the mountains.

I'm interested in seeing if Isshu land is more like cities like New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, and the like.

Blog Entries

No one was dedicated to whatever ancient religion may have based itself around Arceus in modern Sinnoh, at best was Cynthia who studied mythology.

Ho-Oh actually had monks and in the remakes, seemed like there was a secret society with Mr. Pokemon and Elm sending you on a journey knowing you'd bring back Ho-Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofPH View Post
    That, I think, is because of GameFreak's slavish dedication to continuity with previous releases. Kanto is as bland today as it was in 1998 for the same reason that new pre-evolutions need strange incenses to justify their existence and stranger and stranger methods keep popping up for new evolutions. A lot of this idiocy could be rectified with some simple retconning, but that's a rant for another time.
    Retconing "oh wait it does evolve" doesn't shake up their in-game universe as much as redesigning the whole region. It's only really the fandumbs who are going to be obsessive about this. I mean there was a massive amount of stupidity about how Lickilicky should have existed in Gen III because you can breed roll-out onto it.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 29th July 2010 at 09:23 PM.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Ho-Oh actually had monks and in the remakes, seemed like there was a secret society with Mr. Pokemon and Elm sending you on a journey knowing you'd bring back Ho-Oh.

Too bad it doesn't make that much sense if you play SoulSilver though. I'm still confused that they wanted Lugia over Ho-Oh, but yeah, the story does make more sense if you play HeartGold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by modahen View Post
    You can't think of any other city bordering the ocean and the desert? How about Los Angeles?
    (forehead smack) Duh. It's in my own country and everything. All I could think of was Chile? Where'd my geographical knowledge go?

True, Los Angeles does border the ocean and desert, but they're not quite built the same, size or shapewise (heck, the greater LA area's bigger than all of Hoenn)

Still, the geography is a bit different. I can now almost see San Fransisco compare, except Hiun City has land on both sides. Other than that, it makes sense.

OH, even better! People compare Hiun to New York City, and now I see why! It's just like the southern tip of Manhattan Island (even has a road going around the outside). There's a river on each side. And before NYC became what it is, it used to be a lot of smaller towns. Just add some extra geographical features (mountains and such) and voilà: Isshu-chiho awaits!

No, that's stupid too! Never mind, pay no heed. Forget what I said. Just a collection of dumb ideas.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Retconing "oh wait it does evolve" doesn't shake up their in-game universe as much as redesigning the whole region. It's only really the fandumbs who are going to be obsessive about this. I mean there was a massive amount of stupidity about how Lickilicky should have existed in Gen III because you can breed roll-out onto it.
    Personally I wouldn't care if a new Generation came along and GameFreak randomly trots out a new evo for an old monster and simply said, "Hur hur, it evolves now", as long as the evolution was cool and useful.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The best part of course is all the secret that we get to discover. Let's hope Isshu has many secrets.
    Yeah, secret areas are nice...I remember Hoenn had a bunch of those, like that abandoned ship. I don't think I realized it existed even till Emerald, even though there was an episode about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)