Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

Quote Originally Posted by Battaman View Post
    Hoenn Pokemon are not "the new designs" anymore, Sinnoh and Isshu Pokemon are the new designs.
    For some reason no matter how old Hoenn is now, people always consider it, "new."

It really is shocking when you realize R/S came out in 2002, over 8 years ago. And people still talk about Hoenn as if its, "new."

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Default Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

It's new to us. Now get off my lawn you young whippersnappers! *shakes walking stick before settling back into his rocking chair*
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Seems more like the opposite opinion to me. It reads more like Hessman is lamenting the fact that people think the newer designs are terrible.
    To me the general subject is old hat. Whether he's outright saying the "new" Pokemon are uncreative or not, or simply commenting that this is general opinion is nothing new... We all know this. It was an enjoyable read, as perspectives from other long-time fans always is, but the subject is just long overdone.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

what i dont get is why people insist on saying the original poke mon are unique we have a pokeball and a upside down poke ball

then theres the rhydon family minus rhyperior and the nidos
    both completely original neither unique the nidos get off for bing different genders in a genderless time but rhyhorn and rhydon are just rock/grond versions of the 2nd and 3d stage nidos

then in the 3rd gen came aggron and his family which by the way is a badass

all based on a rhyno and dino as you can see

Last edited by sloth; 14th July 2010 at 11:53 PM.

"I want money, I want women, I want power, I want Internets. I want everything in the world!"
    — Greed (the most Bad-ass Homunculus ever), Fullmetal Alchemist

PDL

I'd like to believe that Rhypheior's existance is due to the fact that they wanted to give an awesome ability (Solid Rock) to the Rhydon family... but it already has two abilities to choose from (Rock Head and LightingRod).

Rather then rework the entire ability system, (since they've "perfected" the game's coding in the 3rd gen already) They just decided to slap an evolution onto Rhydon.

Anyway, it wasn't like Rhydon was a top-tier monster anyway. That crippling weakness to Grass and Water practically undermined it's ability to tank. It also goes with the "tradition" of giving popular monsters a new member to work with.

But yeah, the article could be sumed up to "Pokémon fans are whiny bleeders that are never happy". Also said arguement is old hat and we really should move on.

I'd also like to add that Generetion II wasn't so hot with it's new additions to families either... Who the hell uses Politoed, Slowking and Bellossom over Poliwrath, Slowbro and Vileplume?
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer View Post
    Hoenn Pokemon looking like Digimon is an observation. For all we know, he loves how Digimon look.
    I stated in the article it wasn't even my own opinion, but a friend of mine who gave me his opinion at the time. I tried to remain neutral about the designs in the article because everyone has given their two cents on how they think the 5th gen monsters look, which generation was best, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    I'd also like to add that Generetion II wasn't so hot with it's nre additions to families either... Who the hell uses Politoed, Slowking and Bellossom over Poliwrath, Slowbro and Vileplume?
    No one, I imagine, but I believe Slowking and Bellossom are somewhat more memorable than their split-evolution counterparts (their status as some of the earliest introduced "new" Pokemon and their roles in the second movie helped put them there).

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

i good sir use plitoed because it is adorable lol

"I want money, I want women, I want power, I want Internets. I want everything in the world!"

May Still Have Hope TeamGalacticMercury's Avatar

I might be the lone wolf here. Ah well :/ I really like the article. And guys, the author was merely stating observations and popular quotes. I love all pokemon. And as he said, new pokemon and new generations mean the pokemon world grows larger. Very well done.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMercury View Post
    I might be the lone wolf here. Ah well :/ I really like the article. And guys, the author was merely stating observations and popular quotes. I love all pokemon. And as he said, new pokemon and new generations mean the pokemon world grows larger. Very well done.
    Thank you very much.

Blog Entries

Sooo....

...is this article just talking about what we can all plainly see? I don't really see the opinion of the author in this article, just pointing out that fans disagree. It seems like something that could inform a non-fan of the state of the Pokemon fandom, as if they cared, however anyone that's been here long enough already knows this. As much as I disagreed wholeheartedly with YeOldJacob's article, at least he presented an opinion rather than telling us what we can all see.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmearglePaints View Post
    Just more of the same typical ranting Bulbapedia seems to think is important. Anyone can write that kind of stuff, yet I've yet to see anything intellectual that considers Pokemon outside a fan-perspective.
    I agree with you. I don't necessarily believe all the editorials should be eliminated, the idea has potential. I just feel most of the editorials we've seen cover the same old topics that have been beaten to death, or are boring and/or poorly written. :/

It also irks me to see the main page news feed cluttered with editiorials that I don't want to read, but I know nobody else cares about that.

i thaought it was alright i think were suppose to look at past gens inorder to appreciate the new ones

dude above me you better not be talking about the origin of species lol i like that shit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    I agree with you. I don't necessarily believe all the editorials should be eliminated, the idea has potential. I just feel most of the editorials we've seen cover the same old topics that have been beaten to death, or are boring and/or poorly written. :/

It also irks me to see the main page news feed cluttered with editiorials that I don't want to read, but I know nobody else cares about that.
    As opposed to news stories you can find elsewhere right? It's nice to have original content on the site. I barely even read Bulbanews for actual franchise news >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    As opposed to news stories you can find elsewhere right? It's nice to have original content on the site. I barely even read Bulbanews for actual franchise news >_>
    I write articles for my site that are definitely "original content". I think we come to Bulbapedia for news, not editorials. I would love to read some good articles as long as the subject is, you know, interesting. (I don't like the Origin of Species series, but the subject is at least academic and fits the purpose of 'pedia).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 5th November 2011, 04:54 AM