Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Default Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-hard

Welcome to Looking Forward- a new weekly column where I will be evaluating and speculating on news about the upcoming fifth Generation of Pokémon, from the perspective of a fan who’s been there since the days of Red and Blue.

Read more on Bulbanews

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

Duskull is considered gritty and extreme? :0

Also, I don't get why Probopass is always singled out in discussions like this. It's an evolution for a relatively weak one-stage Pokemon that makes since both logically and thematically.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Default Re: Looking Forward: Generational Rot: Outlook and speculation from a life long die-h

Just more of the same typical ranting Bulbapedia seems to think is important. Anyone can write that kind of stuff, yet I've yet to see anything intellectual that considers Pokemon outside a fan-perspective.
    - RAGECANDYBAR: The PokéGods: Secrets and Rumors Revealed

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmearglePaints View Post
    Just more of the same typical ranting Bulbapedia seems to think is important. Anyone can write that kind of stuff, yet I've yet to see anything intellectual that considers Pokemon outside a fan-perspective.
    Real life Newspapers publish editorials all the time, even controversial ones. Bulbanews is merely publishing one.

Also, at the top of the page it says this:
    This is a column written by Pat Hessman.
    This article does not necessarily reflect the views of Bulbagarden Networks
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

I'm aware. You'd just think that if Bulbapedia were to be publishing articles they'd at least be interesting and not the same thing people whine about on the forums. I've seen this exact issue covered at least twice before.

(Feel free to leave me a private or visitor message with any comments, questions, or advice related to my work)

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

It may surprise you to know Smeargle that the vast majority of Pokémon fans who visit Pokémon websites never register on any of the forums, and in a large number of cases never read them either.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
    It may surprise you to know Smeargle that the vast majority of Pokémon fans who visit Pokémon websites never register on any of the forums, and in a large number of cases never read them either.
    Myself being one of them. I was putting this out for the people who stop by Bulbapedia to search for something they need to know but aren't there to discuss things.

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Part of what makes Bulbagarden different from a lot of the other large Pokemon sites is that we're community oriented. That means you can write a column about your ideas and publish your ideas so that the community can read and talk about them. News is news, you can get the exact same story from any Pokemon site that's on top of things, and there are a lot of them. Community-submitted content is why Bulbanews is special, and we have no reason to get rid of it.

I'm not saying get rid of it, I'm saying put up things that are unique and come from a new perspective. This is the third "article" I've seen put up so far that discusses whether the Pokemon are bad or not. It's a tired topic. Put up something about beta information or experiences with the PokeGods or the effects competitive battling has had on the main series... Something interesting for once.

Seemed like just another rant about how the newer designs are terrible compared to the originals.

How many times do we have to read this?

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Seemed like just another rant about how the newer designs are terrible compared to the originals.
    Seems more like the opposite opinion to me. It reads more like Hessman is lamenting the fact that people think the newer designs are terrible.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    Seems more like the opposite opinion to me. It reads more like Hessman is lamenting the fact that people think the newer designs are terrible.
    "Ruby and Sapphire being mentioned on the forums causes flamewars" and, "The Hoenn Pokemon look like Digimon" doesn't exactly seem like he's defending the newer designs.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hoenn Pokemon are not "the new designs" anymore, Sinnoh and Isshu Pokemon are the new designs.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Hoenn Pokemon looking like Digimon is an observation. For all we know, he loves how Digimon look.

Ruby and Sapphire causing flamewars is a fact, not a reflection of personal opinion. You can't honestly say that Generation III is not the most controversial Generation among the fans, no matter how you feel about it.

you need to completly read the ENTIRE article he's giving examples of things people normally complain about he isnt saying its bad or good he's just giving examples about how every one finds stuff to rant about kinda like you guys right now so stop your not helping

"I want money, I want women, I want power, I want Internets. I want everything in the world!"
    — Greed (the most Bad-ass Homunculus ever), Fullmetal Alchemist

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast