Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-har

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-har

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-har

Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die-hard

It all leads up to Saturday. Pokémon Black and White are released this Saturday, but you already know that. You’ve followed the news each week, and even if you haven’t, you probably noticed the countdown ticking down ever closer on the Bulbapedia front page. The games won’t be released stateside until next Spring, but the information floodgates will be opened. We’ll see every single new Pokémon, we’ll know all of the new features, we’ll know the new moves. Forums everywhere will ignite with discussions, praises, and arguments about Generation V. Flame wars like we’ve never seen could be waiting to erupt and burn this side of the internet to the ground.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die

So there's a Top 10 List on the way?

Where's my lighter fluid...
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die

If you need any help with the top 10's you have a willing volunteer a PM click away.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Ohhh boy, this is going to be a good Top 10.

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

That was a nice read, especially on the 'franchise is evolving' part. It's sad that I wont get to read more of this article, but I'm glad you did these anyways.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Although I didn't really display much praise in your columns (I still read them, you know), it's really sad but understandable to see you stop this, but I appreciate your effort. Still, I am looking forward to the top 10 from you guys!
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Great article. I also believe the possibility of a third game is very likely.

Confusing Post Syndrome Fern 24's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it's the nicest article you've written. I, for one, will be getting the third version only.
    I ship my Avatar & Oshawott! - Inheritance fans, unite!

A Top 10 list? Really?

This is a new low for Bulbanews.
    Last edited by Jean Meslier; 15th September 2010 at 08:57 AM.

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

I'm quite curious as to what the criteria for the Top 10 list will include. Design? Battle prowess? Stats? I'm getting my seat ready for this one.

As for the article, I still find them good reads, even if I haven't agreed with everything said in them, but I still find certain points in them to be valid.

Level 98 RexRacer's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest370 View Post
    A Top 10 list? Really?

This is a new low for Bulbanews.
    *cough*

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    So there's a Top 10 List on the way?

Where's my lighter fluid...
    And a bottom ten...

I can tell you though, I believe Pat and I have completely different tastes when it comes to the art style of the monsters themselves... so I wouldn't be surprised if some of his top ten is on my bottom ten, and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxdiv View Post
    I'm quite curious as to what the criteria for the Top 10 list will include. Design? Battle prowess? Stats? I'm getting my seat ready for this one.
    Design (maybe typing as well, but mostly design). Many like to deny it, but the gut reactions, and much of what goes into building one's team, comes from what the monster looks like...

As for this Forever Speculating piece itself, great way to conclude the main thread of the Looking Forward series, Pat.
    Last edited by Nelly; 15th September 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On the design note, we might not have all the Sugimori Art by then and, in my opinion, I think the Sugimori Art can definitely have an influence on likes and dislikes more so than looking at the sprites.

But that's just my opinion.

Thumbs down Re: Looking Forward: Forever Speculating: Outlook and speculation from a lifelong die

Quote Originally Posted by RexRacer View Post
    So now it's OK if Bulbanews gets filled with pointless Top 10 lists?

Since when are they considered news/information?

Blog Entries
    Follow Nelly On Twitter
    Follow Nelly on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest370 View Post
    So now it's OK if Bulbanews gets filled with pointless Top 10 lists?

Since when are they considered news/information?
    Again. Open your local newspaper. They have opinions, right? If they are a larger paper, it probably has a movie critic... well, movie critics typically publish top/bottom ten lists at the end of the year.

Bulbanews is a Pokemon Newspaper. Newspapers have opinions. Top/Bottom ten lists are a way to fit a lot of opinion in one piece.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)