Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

Default Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

Let’s rewind to 2003: we’re set to be introduced to a new region, set far away from our old stomping grounds, filled with more new Pokémon than old, set to introduce a new battle system, and mark a new beginning for this beloved franchise. Doesn’t that sound like an ironic echo as we await the releases of Pokémon Black and White? Generation V has more than a few parallels to the last odd numbered generation and therein could lie trouble.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

I think Black and White will be better accepted by fans than Ruby and Sapphire. The main flaw was probably seen in the games' inability to connect with its predecessors. Seeing how Black and White will include connectivity with the previous games, I don't think there will be any problem. Personally, I didn't find the Hoenn-based games bad at all, but Black and White do seem better in a lot of ways.

What a Catch, Donnie Cross Poison's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking Forward: 3:10 to Hoenn: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

Lets count how many people say "tis isnt newz1!!1!"

Good read, I got into the franchise at gen III.
    I have claimed Rock Slide in the official claim a move thread. And I did it before you.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like how this article points out people's hypocrisy. When you hate Gen III, people seem to see B/W as a throwback to Gen I only :/

A heart made fullmetal. FullMetal's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add FullMetal on Facebook
    Visit FullMetal's Youtube Channel

I don't understand why people hate the 3rd generation. Sure, I mean I hated that you couldn't trade between the 3rd and 2nd gens. But I still enjoyed playing Ruby. In fact I'm going to restart my Sapphire soon.
    There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal.

NONE OF YOU ARE SAFE. Eldritch_One's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This article is a bit funny to me, only because Gen III was my FAVORITE. Gen I was cool, and started everything, and Gen II was awesome, but Gen III has most of my favorite Pre-Gen IV Pokemon. I loved Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Cue Haters.
    The Shining Trapezohedron - MAH BLOG!

THERE'S ALWAYS FREE CHEESE INSIDE OF A RAT TRAP.
    "I AM THE MOST AWESOME OF ROMANS. FUCKIUS YESIUS. COMMANDER OF THE LEGIO BADASSIUS!"

Well to be fair, It makes sense that Game Freak couldn't allow past games to be compatible with Gen III games because the IV and EV systems are notably different and the fact natures and abilities were included in the new games. In theory if the games were compatible, it would cause a lot of problems in the games internal coding and cause ether nasty Glitch Pokemon to pop up or even freezing.

Black/White allows transferring to past games because the game mechanics are almost unchanged from Gen IV games.

Just pointing out this little tidbit for people that are still pissed at the transfer situation in Gen III games

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

I always forget I'm the only person who wasn't enraged that I couldn't move Pokemon from Generation II to Generation III.

I do like that this column points out a lot of the hypocrisy surrounding peoples's hate for Gen III. There are a lot of paralells, but apparently (according to some folks) Gen III still sucks and Gen V is ~*~like omg different cuz its better and i can migrate my generation IV pokemons~*~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Error View Post
    Well to be fair, It makes sense that Game Freak couldn't allow past games to be compatible with Gen III games because the IV and EV systems are notably different and the fact natures and abilities were included in the new games. In theory if the games were compatible, it would cause a lot of problems in the games internal coding and cause ether nasty Glitch Pokemon to pop up or even freezing.

Black/White allows transferring to past games because the game mechanics are almost unchanged from Gen IV games.

Just pointing out this little tidbit for people that are still pissed at the transfer situation in Gen III games
    I agree with you completely. Plus, if something is set as a new beginning, it makes sense not to include a lotof stuff from previous games. Although RSE could have had a day/night system, to be fair. But otherwise, the gen III games were still great. Personally, I find it even more interesting with the majority of Pokémon being completely new.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't get what you meant by "complicated" though.

Like, I don't see any Gen III Pokemon being complicated, nor do I find any Gen V Pokemon to be complicated. Is there any Pokemon in particular from Gen III that people use to cite this fact, or is it just people being purposefully obscure and making abstract statements?

People list things like Gothiruselle as "complicated", or that's a popular one I see, but really it's pretty simplistic and perfectly symmetrical.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I loved Gen III too. Not being able to import old pokemon from the start felt fresh. Filling the Pokedex actually meant something in that game. I hated Gen II, didn't care for the remakes either. That's probably why I wasn't bothered by the fact that you couldn't transfer in your GSC pokemon.

I also liked the Gen III games. I used Emerald when the 10th anniversary celebration came to town for the video game contest. I also liked the Battle Frontier there.

Sub-Market Zydrate Dealer GodofPH's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    I don't get what you meant by "complicated" though.

Like, I don't see any Gen III Pokemon being complicated, nor do I find any Gen V Pokemon to be complicated. Is there any Pokemon in particular from Gen III that people use to cite this fact, or is it just people being purposefully obscure and making abstract statements?
    The Fire Starters will sum up my point:

Gen I:

Gen III:
    blaziken.jpg">

Again, I wasn't criticizing Gen III for the designs. I was pointing out the difference in style, and how that had been an aspect of criticism.

Blog Entries

To this day I still don't see what's so super complex about Blaziken's design. I see very little difference in fire starters. Though it's interesting you mentioned simplicity returning to Gen.IV since Infernape far more complex in design than Blaziken.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, yeah, Blaziken has a bit more features on it than Charizard, but then compare it to say, Magmar, and both of them are about on the same level of "complexity".

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast