Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and Silve - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and Silve

PDL

Default Re: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and S

Pokémon games are the worst games to make video LPs out of. Since the gameplay only consists selecting menus.

Also, Pokémon games are the worst games to make LPs out of period.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and S

Let's consider for a second the fact that not only has Bulbapedia contributed to the LP as far as data goes, but I myself have helped out with it quite a bit. This will be the definitive LP of Johto.

If anything this was me tooting my own horn, saying "LOOK AT WHAT I DID MOMMY!" After all, I was responsible for the trailer in its entirety, and helped to develop some of the important things in the LP.

Plus, hey, Archaic put up his wedding announcement on News...

Blog Entries

I don't see how this is news at all, more like shameless advertising.

On the topic at hand, I think it would have been better if he just did a HG/SS let's play, other than a Crystal one since it's pretty much the same shit as G/S. So far there has not been a HG/SS let's play in English, for obvious reasons, so that would have honestly been better for him..but whatever...I wonder who would even watch it :|
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

I like Let's Plays. But I don't feel like this is news worthy. Conflicting emotions.

Not that it really matters how I or anyone else feels, nor will this bit of news be all that significant down the line.

It's actually kind of funny! Heh heh. Can I get a news bulletin for my new CD going on sale if I credit Bulbagarden?
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al View Post
    Chuggaaconroy also has several features planned as well. He's going to have graphics for the gym leaders and other major trainers comparing their original Pokemon to their Pokemon in the remakes. He'll have basic descriptions of obtainable Pokemon introduced in each area and appearance percentages also comparing them to the remakes. People here are doing a lot to help him, and he's crediting this site which most don't. That's why it is newsworthy here.
    "Oh hey, I'm gonna put in a bunch of artwork and it'll be really special!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    That I doubt. What are some of these ways?
    A guy played through LeafGreen with only Rattatas. Actually kicked serious amounts of ass with them (Hyper Fang is utterly broken), and that was a kickass LP in general.

Also, I did a playthrough of Blue that is beyond describability except that I probably was insane back then and that it probably doesn't even qualify as a playthrough of the game (a la Sonic 2 Special Edition, though I actually did it before I knew of it), and one of a romhack where I kept things brief (except towards the end), and it was basically 70% bashing his beta testers. Sometimes, its the style that can make all the difference. And no, I don't mean putting in a bunch of artwork and checking into every little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Plus, hey, Archaic put up his wedding announcement on News...
    If Archaic wills it, so be it. I could say it's a bit of a different story when two admins of the site who are actively involved one of which is the owner get married too, but eh.
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

Can we please drop the shit about "Why is this news worthy" and stuff. If you can't discuss it like big kids, don't comment.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Chuggaaconroy is like...THE biggest LPer on Youtube. Whether or not him putting up another LP is newsworthy, the fact remains that not only is he citing Bulbapedia as his main source, but this time, he's actually letting people KNOW that Bulbapedia is his source. If absolutely nothing else, this is a fantastic way to get the 'pedia's name even more out there than it is.

And as for the LP itself? I'm pleased as punch. There are NO good Crystal walkthroughs on Youtube (believe me, I've looked), and Chugga has a long-standing record of quality work. His last Pokemon LP was FireRed, and I think he did a really excellent job with it; in fact, it was what was inspired me to buy the game myself. I'm really looking forward to seeing this!
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for answering my question Adamant.

The trailer for the Let's Play isn't done all that well. You can't even tell what is being said half of the time.

I really do hope that this turns out good and hopefully it will be different from all the other Let's Play.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^ That's the point. It's supposed to be staticy and mysterious. Warped voice.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm not gonna watch this anyway- I've already started watching Slowflake's Crystal LP.

Time for a role reversal! ASecondOpinion1501's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    That's it, I'm just going to say it. I fail to see how this is news. Just because he's a well known LPer. THIS IS NOT IMPORTANT.
    Fully agree, here. It's not news at all.
    If this video series is something notable, then why isn't "Garrymon" on here, or many other Youtube series related to Pokémon.
    I'm not going to lie, I'm a fan of Chuggaaconroy's work, but I don't see how this LP of his is news-worthy. Because his FireRed Lets Play brought him more fanboys than one can count? :/

Blog Entries

Meh. I only read RedChocobo's LPs.

Why is this news exactly? It's just a fan making a LP.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Pokémon games are the worst games to make video LPs out of. Since the gameplay only consists selecting menus.

Also, Pokémon games are the worst games to make LPs out of period.
    The games have a plot for a reason. Most RPGs are just menus anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Edo-kun View Post
    the fact remains that not only is he citing Bulbapedia as his main source, but this time, he's actually letting people KNOW that Bulbapedia is his source.
    Speaking of that, what the hell do you need a "source" for a Lets Play for? He's just going to play through the game, not develop some ultra-high end competitive team.
    So.

Blog Entries

Speaking of that, what the hell do you need a "source" for a Lets Play for? He's just going to play through the game, not develop some ultra-high end competitive team.
    Watch the first minute of this video.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

While he isn't making a competitive team or anything, he's using other factions of the 'pedia such as their lists of what pokemon appear on each routes, basic info about the pokemon themselves (as they pertain to the games), complete movesets for the pokemon of bosses, and a lot of other useful info.

I reiterate -- Chuggaaconroy making a Pokemon LP isn't news. The fact that, by making this LP and actively advertising Bulbapedia as his source, thereby getting it's name out to millions of people on YouTube, is news.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast