Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and Silve - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and Silve

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and S

Is it worth having a new LP in the news? If we did that, Bulbanews would be full to the brim with new LPs.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's Play of Crystal Revealed: Chuggaaconroy tackles third version of Gold and S

You know, if you guys don't like it you don't have to watch it. Some of us actually do find this interesting (BTW, I never played Crystal) and we would appreciate if the negative comments were taken to places WE don't care about.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I will watch it (it'll give me something do while I wait for HGSS to come out), but I'm just saying it's not big news.

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with all the comments about this not really being notable news. Really, that and the fact that most LPers suck. All most are are just playing through the game and making a wiseass remark or a meme reference to be "funny" every now and then. Hell, I'm not as good as I could be, and am guilty of that too to some extent!

I can't imagine how repetitive many of the same kind in the same style would be, though. LPs need to do something to make them stand out IMO, like Sonic 2 Special Edition did (though that's a bit of an older, and more extreme example).
    Don't know what to put here.

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    What exactly is a Let's Play by the way?
    It's normally taken to mean "footage of a video game being played through while the player provides commentary along the way", though every now and then you find some with commentary added on top of the completed video (yawn) or not even having commentary at all (double yawn).

They can be quite entertaining, especially if the game is hard, the guy is good at it, and provides entertaining and/or helpful commentary, but a Lets Play of an RPG, particularly one as dull-looking and simple as Pokemon can't possibly be worth watching. It's largely suited for more plotless platformer/action/adventure games where the gameplay is in focus.

I also fail to see how this is news. If people are that interested in watching a lets Play of Pokemon, there's like a million of them out there already.
    So.

Live Long And Prosper... Wonder Happiny's Avatar
    On Paradise Island, playing Bullets and Bracelets
    Blog Entries

Chuggaconroy's Let's Plays are very good...I can't wait!

Credit goes to PlatinumDude for the sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    In the family, all is silence. No more will be said of it. Live long and prosper, Sarek of Vulcan.

THE CULT OF PERSONALITY System Error's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen of Mana View Post
    I'd mention this too, but IMO, LPs of the same game are all right, as long as they feel distinct from one another. Going back to Sonic 2 Special Edition, though it was done before that, it was so radically different it didn't matter. And again, it's the whole "what can I do to make people want to watch mine over all others?" thingamajig.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    They can be quite entertaining, especially if the game is hard, the guy is good at it, and provides entertaining and/or helpful commentary, but a Lets Play of an RPG, particularly one as dull-looking and simple as Pokemon can't possibly be worth watching. It's largely suited for more plotless platformer/action/adventure games where the gameplay is in focus.
    Actually, quite a few good LPs have the player being terrible at the game. Skill is more the speed run department, IMO. And there are...creative ways to make an LP of Pokemon interesting.
    Don't know what to put here.

Blog Entries

Chuggaaconroy also has several features planned as well. He's going to have graphics for the gym leaders and other major trainers comparing their original Pokemon to their Pokemon in the remakes. He'll have basic descriptions of obtainable Pokemon introduced in each area and appearance percentages also comparing them to the remakes. People here are doing a lot to help him, and he's crediting this site which most don't. That's why it is newsworthy here.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

Seriously? Bulbanews has let me down obviously....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    Continuing with my opinions, it you can't beat a Pokémon game without using walkthrough, you must be very bad at it. The only time I myself had any trouble was when I played the Japanese Silver and couldn't get the Togepi egg (I had a full party, lol). Never had any trouble with any of the English games, because they're rather simple.
    I have a guide, but I use it so that I don't have to go downstairs at 11:30 at night to look up where I can find the TM for rest, without quitting the game and using my brutally slow DSi internet browser for example. I'm able to beat the game itself without it, though.

Blog Entries

Follow revolvingscott on Tumblr

I use my guide so that I know exactly which pokémon are available in each route.

I occasionally go by the classic technique of trying to capture every pokémon on the route, defeating the ones I already have captured in my quest to get the others.
    I recommend it but you need a guide or access to the internet at every moment you play.

Quote Originally Posted by System Error View Post
    Actually, quite a few good LPs have the player being terrible at the game.
    True terribleness can get tedious quick, but yes, you're right that watching people rage at hard games can be quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by System Error View Post
    And there are...creative ways to make an LP of Pokemon interesting.
    That I doubt. What are some of these ways?
    So.

Blog Entries

Ah, I know Chugga from Starmen! This will be interesting to watch, but I'm going to finish SS first as I kind of want the environments to be fresh again.

Blog Entries

I saw the trailer for this last night. Now I have even more reason to be excited for the 14th. It's very awesome to see this LP will be done in association with Bulbagarden.
    I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another Trainer! His name is… Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion! -Lance

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast