Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

The Legendary Pokémon seen but not named in the first Pokémon X and Y trailer have now been named. The deer-like Pokémon is Xerneas and the bird-like Pokémon is Yveltal.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Taking me a while to get the pronunciations right but apparently they're pronounced ZURR-nee-us and ee-VELL-tall. And that just makes them sound really cool.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Legendary Pokémon names revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal to feature in Gen VI games

Yes but now when are they gonna give us the Official Artwork.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They have no Bulbapedia articles yet. Damn, I wish I could be the one to create them, but I really don't know where to start.
    Anyway, cool names. At the moment I am leaning towards Yveltal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

The pronunciations doing the rounds may well be accurate - there really aren't that many ways to pronounce the names - but they're not form anywhere official as far as we can tell.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    The pronunciations doing the rounds may well be accurate - there really aren't that many ways to pronounce the names - but they're not form anywhere official as far as we can tell.
    My first port of call was to speak to a Danish friend of mine and he pretty much said that ee-VELL-tall would be spot on considering the possible Nordic inspirations for the pair (he actually had a hard time teaching me how to pronounce a hard-Y). That was the only one I had any difficulty pronouncing anyway.

And of course, wouldn't surprise me if Serebii got them from a secret source.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Xerneas.

Mine.

Next comes official art for the mascots, likely even this week. They're really different, though, unlike the other mascots. I want to see how this plays out.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    My first port of call was to speak to a Danish friend of mine and he pretty much said that ee-VELL-tall would be spot on considering the possible Nordic inspirations for the pair (he actually had a hard time teaching me how to pronounce a hard-Y). That was the only one I had any difficulty pronouncing anyway.

And of course, wouldn't surprise me if Serebii got them from a secret source.
    This MAY or may not be correct pronunciations: Pokémon X & Y Legendary Details Revealed - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life

It just me or Xerneas sounds like an ancient Greek name/word?

Maybe we´ll get not only France, after all.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

they sound badass !! the english names will probably make them sound like pink fairys mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    they sound badass !! the english names will probably make them sound like pink fairys mind.
    But those are the English names.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hilbert View Post
    Indeed. And even if they weren't, most legendaries have the same name in English and Japanese.
    Also, what's wrong with pink fairies?

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilbert View Post
    Indeed. And even if they weren't, most legendaries have the same name in English and Japanese.
    Also, what's wrong with pink fairies?
    really ? they sound and look too complex dont they ? this game is mainly aimed at 10 year olds isent it.
    pink faires rock !!! they just not badass enough

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Hmm the X, Xerneas, dosesnt seem that bad, I will have to figure out the Y one's name, I'm sure I can get it eventually, but I just want to learn to say it right xD It took me too long to figure out how Arceus was supposed to be said as well.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I may write a more serious post about this article later. Now I just want to write that I'm happy that there is another Pokémon which has a name beginning with X different to Xatu. This should make a variation in the A Pokémon starting with... thread :)
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 9th January 2013, 11:24 AM
  2. 9th January 2013, 10:12 AM