Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be

Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be available ...

Those with Korean Global Link accounts will be able to access the 「울퉁불퉁 산」 Rugged Mountains starting Nov. 16. Space-themed Décor will also be available.

Read more on Bulbanews

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to

Eh, probably Korea just announced it first.
    I'm sure it'll be available worldwide when it goes up.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to

Yay new expansion. Im looking forward to exploring that new area and collecting some new Dream World pokemon, and new berries and items of course.

Wait, so this and spooky manner are both permanent? I thought the spooky manner was just for halloween, like that special Banette. No wonder i was still able to get there yesterday. I was trying to figure out when the last day of it would be, but i guess there is none.

Yes, Spooky Manor is permanent, as far as I know.

It would be nice to have more Dream World areas, and I doubt that PGL Korea will be the only localization to get Rugged Mountains.

You may call me Bristel
    ブリステルって呼んでもいい

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, Arceus, if Ditto is in this area... Just after I've been rallying everyone into voting for it, too!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

That would be awfully funny if its there and then wins the Popularity poll.

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    That would be awfully funny if its there and then wins the Popularity poll.
    Then they could give us ol' toothpaste head then instead: "Arceus wants to fly! Enter the Sky Race for Arceus?"

No, but seriously, I'm guessing this'll entail a lot of Ground-, Rock- and Steel-type Pokémon, maybe some Fighting-types to boot. I know I'm not the only one looking at the list of DW abilities and thinking about getting a *female* Thick Fat Swinub.

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be

Korean Global Link accounts to get access to new Dream World area: Area, Décor to be available ...

Update: The area (「ごつごつ山」 in Japanese) will be available starting Nov. 16 as well for those with Japanese Global Link accounts, following an extended maintenance period starting the day before.

Read more on Bulbanews

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

I expect a Dunsparce release!
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaBot View Post
    ... Space-themed Décor will also be available.
    Didn't @bluesun have a spoilerific avatar of a space-themed DW house a while back? :o

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Didn't @bluesun have a spoilerific avatar of a space-themed DW house a while back? :o
    Yup, that's the new house which is coming ehe. ^^
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

Hopefully they'll start considering giving us the ability to go to the area we want to go to :/

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Hopefully they'll start considering giving us the ability to go to the area we want to go to :/
    I certainly hope so. On the day the Spooky Manor came out, I found myself cursing the Windswept Sky. Got that three times before I got to the manor.

Also, perhaps we could ease up on the vote Ditto campaign until we know for sure whether Ditto is in here or not? Because if Ditto is in this area, we'll all need to switch the focus onto another Pokémon immediately. Let's go through the list of Pokémon not yet released with their Hidden Abilities. I will, of course, be omitting from the list anything that doesn't actually have a Hidden Ability. I will also be omitting everything with Unnerve, as it's almost always inferior to the alternative(s).

*Weedle. Sniper wouldn't help Beedrill out very much. Access to Shell Smash is more what it needs.

*Sandshrew. Sand Rush is something Sandslash wants very, very badly. However, Sandshrew is very likely to be in the Rugged Mountain already.

*Clefairy. Friend Guard is an inferior Telepathy, and Unaware is normally a good ability. But given that Clefable already gets the infinitely more useful Magic Guard, not worth it. Plus, given the space motif of some of the upcoming furniture, I'd bet good money that Clefairy's already gonna be in the Rugged Mountain.

*Paras. Damp wouldn't be so bad, if they hadn't nerfed Selfdestruct and Explosion. Stick with Dry Skin.

*Venonat. Ehhh... Wonder Skin is a bit situational.

*Diglett. Hm. Sand Force isn't a bad ability for Dugtrio, but it might miss access to Arena Trap. Even so, it seems like the kind of Pokémon they'd stick into Rugged Mountain.

*Mankey. Vital Spirit > Defiant. Might help with Intimidators, though. And even so, Mankey strikes me as a mountain-dwelling Pokémon.

*Machop. No. Just.... No. It already has access to its best ability- No Guard.

*Geodude. Ehhh... Sand Veil... It prefers Sturdy, I think. And it's probably coming with Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Magnemite. The whole line is too fast to really take advantage of Analytic.

*Seel. Hmm. Ice Body isn't bad. Dewgong's stats, however, are.

*Grimer. Don't get me wrong, I love Poison-types, but if Muk needs to poison something, it's got Toxic. It'd also miss Sticky Hold when up against a Trick/Switcheroo user.

*Shellder. Yeah, do I really need to explain this one? Even if Overcoat were somehow better than Skill Link, it's already immune to half the sources of damage that Overcoat prevents.

*Onix. Sheer Force might not be so bad on Steelix if it were more focused on offense. It'd help with Iron Tail and Rock Slide, but not much else. It'll be coming in Rugged Mountain anyway, I'd bet anything.

*Voltorb. Hmmm,,, Aftermath isn't a bad ability... This would be a decent alternative, I think.

*Cubone. The line's not meant to take much in the way of hits anyway, so preventing critical hits might be a bit of a waste. Rock Head works better, allows Double-Edge to run rampant. Not to mention, it's the sort of thing they'd throw into a mountain area anyway.

*The Hitmons. Hitmonlee wants Unburden so bad. Hitmonchan, on the other hand... Not so much. Inner Focus? Really? Iron Fist is much better. If this becomes what we shift to, be sure to vote Tyrogue so Hitmonlee can get Fake Out. Oh, and either one of Hitmontop's regular abilities kick the crap out of Steadfast any day of the week.

*Rhyhorn. All it can abuse Reckless with is Take Down. No thanks. Bound to come with Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Chansey. Japan's getting it in a month or so anyway.

*Magmar. Huh. Vital Spirit may be a poor alternative to Electivire's Vital Spirit, but not so much to Magmortar's Flame Body. This would be a decent alternative, I think. Then again, Magby strikes me as the kind of Pokémon they'd stick in a mountainous area...

*Pinsir. It needs help with Speed, not Attack, as do most Pokémon that get Moxie. The ability is a bit of a waste, and definitely inferior to Hyper Cutter and Mold Breaker.

*Ditto. Obviously the best choice, but this is a list of possible alternatives, should Ditto appear in the Rugged Mountain.

*Snorlax. All it'll be holding is Leftovers and Choice Band, neither of which Gluttony helps. Not to mention, it's likely to appear here.

*Articuno. Eh. Not a great ability, not a great Pokémon. Now, if it got Snow Warning, on the other hand...

*Zapdos. Lightningrod Zapdos sounds great, right? That is, of course, until you realize it's not gonna have Heat Wave. Yeah.

*Moltres. Flame Body's a little overrated. Not to mention, Moltres will already have the Stealth Rock damage to contend with.

*Chikorita. It'll take a lot more than Leaf Guard to help Meganium.

*Cyndaquil. A little better, but I wouldn't be surprised if Japan gives us a Johto Starter event in the future.

*Totodile. See Cyndaquil.

*Chinchou. It'll miss its resistance to BoltBeam too much.

*Aipom. Well, Cloyster proves that Skill Link is a great ability. Now let's see what Aipom and Ambipom get to abuse it with. Mm-hmm. DoubleSlap... And Fury Swipes. Yeah, no, let's stick with Technician.

*Pineco. Forretress already prefers Sturdy, and is immune to Sandstorm damage anyway.

*Dunsparce. Serene Grace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rattled.

*Shuckle. Gets nothing to abuse Contrary with. Likely to be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Heracross. Its Attack doesn't need more help. Its Speed needs the help. Plus, the standard Heracross has Choice Scarf, which renders Moxie's boosts somewhat counterproductive. Guts is better anyway.

*Sneasel. Yeah, and when exactly is Weavile not likely to hold an item again? Focus Sash? Too unreliable in this priority filled, Sandstorm-packed metagame,

*Slugma. If Shell Smash didn't bump Magcargo up a tier or two, Weak Armor definitely won't. Likely to be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Phanpy. Donphan prefers Sturdy. Probably coming to Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Tyrogue. See the Hitmons.

*Raikou. Would miss Aura Sphere and Weather Ball too much.

*Entei. Would miss Flare Blitz too much.

*Suicune. What if it wins that version mascot poll in Japan and is distributed with its Hidden Ability? Can we really afford to take that chance?

*Lugia. See Suicune. Multiscale is overkill anyway.

*Ho-Oh. See Suicune. Besides, Regenerator doesn't help much when Ho-Oh loses half its HP upon each switch-in. It's like spitting on a forest fire.

*Wurmple. Rivalry is unreliable, and Dustox doesn't get much to abuse CompoundEyes with anyway.

*Seedot. No. Just no. When is Shiftry gonna be able to abuse this anyway?

*Shroomish. Likely to be male-only, and thus will miss out on Techniloom's best weapon; Bullet Seed.

*Nincada. Ninjask needs Speed Boost, and Shedinja doesn't benefit.

*Whismur. Exploud gets Crunch and Shadow Ball in any case, so hitting Ghosts is the least of its worries. As opposed to, say, its stats?

*Makuhita. No. Needs Thick Fat. Could possibly be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Nosepass. Its ordinary abilities are better, and it's probably gonna be in the Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Aron. Oh, come on. You honestly think there's any chance of Aron NOT being in the Rugged Mountain? Besides, all Heavy Metal will do for it is power up a move that gets crappy coverage and multiply its already huge weakness to Low Kick.

*Roselia. And what's Roserade gonna abuse Technician with anyway? Poison Sting?

*Gulpin. Oh, yeah, because loads of Swalot strategies revolve around berry consumption. And don't think Little Cup, either, because the lowest level any of this will be is 10.

*Numel. Eh. Camerupt doesn't need an Attack boost so much as a Speed boost. Likely to be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Torkoal. Doesn't make too big a difference, and likely to be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Spinda. Can't abuse Contrary. At all.

*Trapinch. Sheer Force isn't worth losing its niche as a Trick Room Dugtrio. Doesn't benefit Flygon. Possibility for Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Cacnea. Huh. A Water immunity might benefit Cacturne. This would be a decent alternative.

*Zangoose. An inferior Guts on something that needs more Speed more than more Attack. No thanks. It needs a Choice Scarf over a Toxic Orb, and nobody in their right mind is gonna try to poison a Zangoose anyway.

*Seviper. Decent alternative.

*Absol. Wake me when it gets Speed Boost. Possibility for Rugged Mountain.

*Snorunt. Stupid Smogon banned Moody, so there's that niche gone. If you must, vote Froslass, so we at least get something breedable.

*Spheal. Oblivious. Over Ice Body? Over my dead body, more like.

*Bagon. No Intimidate? No Dragon Dance? No Outrage? No thanks.

*Beldum. Ahahahaha no. Metagross needs Clear Body or anything with Intimidate just became a potential counter.

*Regirock. Eh...

*Regice. Ehhh...

*Registeel. Ehhhhh...

*Kricketot. Pffft. Kricketune needs a hell of a lot more than Technician to help it out.

*Cranidos. Prefers Mold Breaker. Possibility for Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Shieldon. Prefers Sturdy. Possibility for Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Gible. Likely to be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Riolu. Decent alternative, but might be in Rugged Mountain anyway.

*Hippopotas. Sand Stream's all that's keeping it from the bowels of the lower tiers.

*Skorupi. Keen Eye is useless.

*Snover. Take away the one thing that's keeping Abomasnow out of NU? I'll pass.

*Dialga, Palkia, Giratina. How many of you fight Double Battles or Triple Battles in Ubers anyway? Anyone? That's what I thought.

So really, the only great alternatives to Ditto would be Sandshrew, Voltorb, Tyrogue, Cacnea, Seviper, and Riolu.

Blog Entries

@Missingno. Master
    I don't understand that reasoning. Because it may be there, we should ease up.

What if its not?

And if it is there, there's still a lot of time for everyone to just stop voting Ditto and vote something else since it would likely be a close race. But if we stop going for Ditto now, it may fall too far behind. And then, why are you telling us to switch focus to other Pokemon ignoring the logic they could appear there as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast