Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfoli

Thread: Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfoli

Default Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfoli

Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Portfolio from ...

To celebrate the 25 year of Ken Sugimori an exclusive artbook is being released covering his many works and includes a 32 page interview. It will be released in Japan on May 27 for 1,998 yen.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Port

I wonder if this'll come out over here eventually. I've been seeing more of this types of books released in the US lately. Hell, i've got four of them myself: a Zelda Artbook (Hyrule Historia), two Mega Man artbooks, and a Final Fantasy artbook.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Ken Sugimori artbook announced for May: The Works of Ken Sugimori: A 25 Year Port

I would personally like to buy one :3

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

If this ever comes out in the US, I would buy a copy immediately.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I'd love to lay my hands on this. Might want to start watching Hobby Link Japan or the like to try and nab one.

Sounds interesting. I've been collecting stuff like this so I'll be definitely eyeing this.=3

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Oh boy, a Ken Sugimori art book containing art from various Game Freak titles (ah, remember the days when Game Freak made great games other than Pocket Monsters? No offense to Soriti Horse). There's been so many artbooks for Pocket Monsters over the years and barely any of them ever get translated and brought over to the west at all. I love artbooks - been collecting them for other anime/manga/video game franchises and the collection just keeps on expanding - and I'd love for there to be some sort of larger fan demand for this, large enough for a company to take notice and get this released over here like what Dark Horse did with Hyrule Historia. Because I'd gladly buy it if there was an English copy available.

Sadly... most likely won't happen. Even then, I can always import it or pick up an import at an anime convention. I darn near imported Hyrule Historia before Dark Horse announced their translation a few years back.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Wow this sounds awesome. love seeing pokemon art!

I really hope this comes out in English, like really badly. If this does come out, I will personally send the translators my bank account password. But seriously, I would buy this, Ken Sugimori is an amazing artist, I adore his work. I guess I could import it and translate it, but I'm too lazy. XD

It'd be pretty awesome if this could come over here. Especially so we could look at the designs for cut Pokemon and beta designs for the ones that didn't. Hopefully there's something on that Latias/Blaziken design.

I have a bad feeling this won't make it over seas. If they do, they probably have to change the cover to have a heavier Pokemon spotlight to it. I'm hoping that by the Pokemon 20th anniversary it will have an art book all to it's own. Model sheets, concept art, I want to see them! We saw bits of those in the past few years, but not all collected in a book.

Do people even remember Jelly Boy/Quinty (or Smart Ball/Mendel Palace for us non-Japanese)? Were they popular back in the day?

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

I need that book.