Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans

Blog Entries

Default Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

So on the line that N believes himself to be perfection, I made a comment on another thread on how Ghetsis views himself as perfection

"What?! I created Team Plasma with my own hands. I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!"
    It is possible Ghetsis passed on his sentiments of perfection to N as well. Combine N's distance from humans, closeness with Pokemon, the suffering he witnessed, and the belief he is perfection. Ghetsis just created a person impervious to seeing the truth.

This is why I think N's dragon is the dragon of truth, Reshiram shows itself to N because N wishes to discover the truth deep down, but his vision has been occluded. Zekrom sides with the protagonist because the truth is not an absolute in either direction (that ALL Pokemon are better with people) but would fight for the ideal that humans and Pokemon could get along--something that can only be accomplished if they are not separated.
    Enzap and rubinek like this.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

I can truly believe the theory that N is a Pokemon transformed into a human, seeing as Bill had this technology all the way back in Generation 1.

Also: Gropius sounds like Tropius. Coincidence, or something a but more in-depth?
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    This is why I think N's dragon is the dragon of truth, Reshiram shows itself to N because N wishes to discover the truth deep down, but his vision has been occluded. Zekrom sides with the protagonist because the truth is not an absolute in either direction (that ALL Pokemon are better with people) but would fight for the ideal that humans and Pokemon could get along--something that can only be accomplished if they are not separated.
    You are aware that Zekrom shows itself to N in the opposite version, right? You can't say that the version you speak of is canon.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokelova View Post
    You are aware that Zekrom shows itself to N in the opposite version, right? You can't say that the version you speak of is canon.
    And you are aware that given the disparities between versions in Pokemon, and the third version trying to reconcile the differences between the first two as much as possible, that I am doing the same thing for my personal fanon until such a third version arrives? Fans have always been trying to reconcile differences and similarities between different versions (and different games and even between games that override the previous canon) as well into their own fanon, that's what I am doing here.

I don't seem to see where I said the version I was talking about was canon. Right there in that quote, I said "This is why I think N's dragon is..." not "This is why N's dragon is..."

Last I checked, the game I played was the one where N was chosen by Zekrom. Kind of strange to accuse me to speak of the other game as canon when the only one I played has N using the dragon of ideals, or to assume I am taking a "single version" approach when you have no idea of how I personally reconcile these two versions in my mind.

The alternate interpretation is that N's ideals were pure (even though they were manipulated) thus was chosen by Zekrom, and Reshiram battled against Zekrom to show N the truth. I personally enjoy the idea that neither dragon were truly trying to beat each other, but that Reshiram knew that through its loss, the truth would be revealed to N, while preserving the status quo to allow for the ideal of living in harmony with Pokemon to exist.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th October 2011 at 05:40 PM.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

... Am I the only one that thought of Sho Minamimoto with the high IQ, math wizard, and quick-witted parts?
    Ein and Ino-Chan like this.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

That last name just...it keeps making me laugh.

Interesting stuff, though.
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Here, I thought they were going to hold all this stuff for the third game. You know, that it'd be a surprise and a big way to give "Natural" even more character depth.

Well, now that it's been said, it has to happen anyway.

And that test tube baby theory is really sounding more plausible now...

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I said in the thread on the video games board, I remember reading somewhere that the third version would give more of N's backstory.

I also don't know how well Masuda's statement is translated, so I'm holding off until the third version is officially released to analyze the character further. (although, thinking outside the box, there's the potential for more mind-blowing characterization)

Other ideas I had on the born-of-pokemon bit:

--N is a *reincarnation* of a pokemon. I even have an idea of the original Kyurem splitting its psyche into FIVE pieces, one for each of the Chinese elements.

Fire (pure yang): Reshiram
    Water (pure yin): Zekrom
    Earth (yin/yang equilibrium): "skeleton" Kyurem
    Wood (yang dominant over yin): N (his original fanaticism is pretty yang...)
    Metal (yin dominant over yang): The player-character? ^^;

--N is a human/pokemon chimera

Note that in this scenario, N was conceived as a human, but Ghetsis imbued a pokemon's DNA (Meloetta's?) into the zygote/embryo.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A chimera, like the Ultimate Chimera in Mother 3 (which Black and White borrow heavily from)?! If that theory is the case, then you can see how much they referenced that game.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Hm... if N and Meloetta are related somehow, then the middle name Harmonia could mean something. You know, like harmony in music?

{sweatshop} I've not played anything in the Mother series. I just mean "chimera" in the genetic sense, an organism with multiple DNA codes. An example would when twin zygotes merge in utero. The single zygote left will have elements of the adsorbed twin's DNA. One could also argue that genetically modified foods, beyond more typical hybridization, are chimerae.

El_
    Blog Entries

*N to Hilda*

N: Its all Natural baby! >:)
    Hilda: O.O

Lol I'm sorry, I just couldn't help but to have some fun with that one. Natural is quite a unique name, and all this info has caught me off guard. So N believes that he is perfect? I guess that he got that from Ghetsis. He also seems to have abilities exceeding that of ordinary people, but like before this can most likely be attributed (the normal abilities anyways) to his upbringing than opposed to genetics. Him being a math whiz is no surprise since he always talked about formulas in the game.

What I found most intriguing is that he has the ability to see the past (Reshiram) and the future (Zekrom) of people. Thats a pretty neat ability, perhaps that is why he had taken such an interest in the player character. Him believing that he was born from Pokemon is just his idealism in my opinion, and fits with his overall character.

I think that N best represents both of the Unova dragons because N seems to be a portrayal of dualism: Black/White Yin/Yang. Can't wait for Pokemon Grey! It can't be too far away with info like this, even if its for Black/White's anniversary.

Portable living microwave first archen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

just speculation but he kinda looks like an aspie http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

UnovaCastaway likes this.
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast