Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of fans

Blog Entries

Default Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    "With his high IQ, N exceeds humans."

So he's not human?
    A crossbreed between Ghetsis and an Alakazam?

Anyways, sounds interesting, though I wonder what provoked him to do this. He already had the community's ears with that R/S comment, so why this all of a sudden?

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Default Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

Quote Originally Posted by Flareth View Post
    A crossbreed between Ghetsis and an Alakazam?

Anyways, sounds interesting, though I wonder what provoked him to do this. He already had the community's ears with that R/S comment, so why this all of a sudden?
    Actually, if you listen to N's theme and Meloetta's theme, it's kind of scary how similar they are.

N's Theme

Meloetta's Theme

Now, math and music are very closely integrated, which Masuda obviously employs when writing N's themes, according to his blog. [link]

The question is, how are N and Meloetta related?
    Last edited by Laterose; 15th October 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustox View Post
    His parents were Pokemon? Why doesn't anyone find this completely disturbing? O_O
    It's RUMORED that his parents were Pokemon. o_o; It is a disturbing thought though.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I knew N was a Zoroark. It would explain the slight color changes between him and Ghetsis (since Ghetsis is "behind" Team Plasma and Zoroark copies whatever's at the back of the team).

I was also pretty sure N was from a mathematical term, especially since Masuda's remix of his final battle theme is "N^n Mix"

On a more important note, however: his last name is Gropius.

The fangirl inside me...doesn't know whether to be excited, or to shrivel up and die.

Actually, the proper translation is that N believes that he was born from Pokémon, since his parents are unknown. So when you come to think of it, this probably doesn't mean anything about his real parents.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th October 2011 at 01:01 PM.

I found the original blog entry; I actually really hope someone translates the rest of it. My Japanese is limited but I'm pretty sure Masuda talks about the math behind N's battle themes, which is really fascinating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    It's RUMORED that his parents were Pokemon. o_o; It is a disturbing thought though.
    Like Silktree said, @blusun translation was that he believed he was, which is far more in line with his other beliefs if that's the more accurate one. I think the article should be updated so as to not spread untrue facts.

So yeah, that's why I'm more or less uninterested about his parents, because N's belief of what they are may also just be another one of the many lies Ghetsis fed to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    "With his high IQ, N exceeds humans."

So he's not human?
    Context of the second half being linked to the first suggests his high IQ merely exceeds that of the average human, it suggests nothing about him being nonhuman.

There are many examples of humans with super powers in this franchise, from individuals being able to read a Pokemon's potential, to their hidden power, and even all the way up to full blown Aura and Psychic powers, yet intelligence suddenly makes N nonhuman?

Really, N being not human makes Ghetsis ten times less douchey given his line at the end: "Mwa ha ha! Since I couldn't become the hero and obtain the legendary Pokémon myself... I prepared someone for that purpose--N! He's nothing more than a freak without a human heart. Do you think you're going to get through to a warped person like that?!"

All of Ghetsis' comments point to N being an actual human he manipulated, and made believe that he came from Pokemon.

There's nothing that provides concrete evidence otherwise.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th October 2011 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire
    I knew N was a Zoroark. It would explain the slight color changes between him and Ghetsis (since Ghetsis is "behind" Team Plasma and Zoroark copies whatever's at the back of the team).
    Whoa now, that actually makes sense there. oAo

On a more important note, however: his last name is Gropius.

The fangirl inside me...doesn't know whether to be excited, or to shrivel up and die.
    Your current icon expresses this thought perfectly. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Actually, the proper translation is that N believes that he was born from Pokémon, since his parents are unknown. So when you come to think of it, this probably doesn't mean anything about his real parents.
    Ohh. So Ghetis and N aren't related by blood after all? Unless Big G is his evil uncle or something...but wow, okay, I see then. D:
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Ohh. So Ghetis and N aren't related by blood after all? Unless Big G is his evil uncle or something...but wow, okay, I see then. D:
    Ghetsis may or may not be N's dad, but it would seem that N simply doesn't know who his parents are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Context of the second half being linked to the first suggests his high IQ merely exceeds that of the average human, it suggests nothing about him being nonhuman.
    I considered that it could have been a mistranslation. I'm only speculating, of course. Although it would be cool.

Interesting. Is the the first time any developer or major figure has released notes to a certain character? I find it odd that Masuda has taken time to do something like this, but that probably has to do with the fact that many developers and figureheads just pump out games for the money. Of course, Masuda has a whole different outlook on this and I'm glad he has released (character development??) information on N.

Perhaps this will be implemented and shown later on in the years? But of course, that's pure speculation.

Mix of the Ice Type
    Palermo as a person, but GaiaBurgh as a mix. Palmita is from the Pixie Town.

Smile Re: Junichi Masuda reveals information on N: Game Freak director gains attention of f

I wonder what are the full names of Red, Leaf, Green, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Silver, Brendan, May, Wally, Lucas, Dawn, Pearl, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca are...

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Uuuh wow, I think I'll just... keep on calling him "N".

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaBaraonda View Post
    I wonder what are the full names of Red, Leaf, Green, Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Silver, Brendan, May, Wally, Lucas, Dawn, Pearl, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca are...
    Good question. Why does the newest fangirlservice get a full name and not anyone else?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast