Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27 to

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27

I'm getting three at the least. I WILL TRADE.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Visit Jay0173's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event to last from Feb. 27

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    I'm getting three at the least. I WILL TRADE.
    The question is, what would you request for this event Pokemon?
    JAY
    FC: 3411-1525-5963
    Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
    (Please VM or PM me so I can add your FC too)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't care... maybe some starters if anyone had one.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care... maybe some starters if anyone had one.
    I have all the Sinnoh starters, all at level one. I am in the process of getting the Kanto starters (currently only have Squirtle at level 1, but soon I'll have Bulbasaur), and I have a couple of master balls. None were obtained using cheats or AR codes. All are legit. If any of these are acceptable, I'd gladly trade one for an event Jirachi.
    JAY

Maine, (A small villa town in western Europe) (I wish!)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event lasts from Feb. 27 t

Quote Originally Posted by badalcristiano View Post
    I'm soo pissed
    *Nintendo's Evil Plans*
    1) Release Game Worldwide
    2) Give 1 Wifi pokemon worldwide (Including countires where Nintendo hasn't officially released itslef in many countries-INDIA)
    3) Release loads of pokemon through Gamestop in America to make Americans happy and to make the rest of the world jealaous.

Why can't they:
    1. Release themselves officially EVERYWHERE
    2. Make the events WIFI AND Gamestop...
    there is WAAAY more events in japan then in America
    I'm getting one, but, yes, I am a huge fan of wifi gifts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Hell yeah I'm a Snivy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores: Event lasts from Feb. 27 t

Quote Originally Posted by pikmin View Post
    there is WAAAY more events in japan then in America
    I'm getting one, but, yes, I am a huge fan of wifi gifts
    That goes to follow as Nintendo is based in Japan, so it's much easier for them (not to mention more profitable) to hold those events in Japan rather than in any other country. But there are some countries such as Canada that never get to participate in these events at all, so they're left to either trading with someone (and hoping that the other person won't ask for something ridiculous such as a lvl 100 shiny legendary with perfect stats holding a master ball) or using AR codes. So, in that sense, I too would be in favour of wi-fi events rather than in store events.

I've written to Nintendo about this issue (did so last week), but I don't expect to hear back from them.
    JAY

Post Thanks / Like

They won't even open the letter, you will just get a normal letter sent to you like they do to everybody else.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he means he emailed them. Also, I can't wait until tomorrow~!!!

Lonely, lonely little life. I could kid myself by thinking that I'm fine.

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope your letter gets through to Nintendo Jay.

I dislike when people ask for Pokemon that are really hard to get. I got a Gamestop Pikachu-colored Pichu so I may trade to some people. I also plan on getting Jirachi tomorrow so I can also trade people.

It looks like it will be holding a Liechi Berry, so that is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKenobi View Post
    I hope your letter gets through to Nintendo Jay.
    So do I, though it is an email I sent. As of yet, I've received no response back from them. If I don't, the next step will be to phone them up (that is, if I can get a hold of their phone number. Funny how their site doesn't list information on contacting them other than by email.)

With regards to trades, I'm certainly willing to trade for the event Pokemon, but it wouldn't be necessary to do that if Nintendo would make the events available through the wi-fi network rather than at in-store locations.

Edit: I just found the address and phone number for Pokemon USA.
    Last edited by Jay0173; 27th February 2010 at 12:04 AM.
    JAY

Post Thanks / Like

I know it's not fair for another people, i like the in-store events since not everybody has access to wifi at there homes.

I hope you guys get the event in canada since it will be on wifi soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    I know it's not fair for another people, i like the in-store events since not everybody has access to wifi at there homes.

I hope you guys get the event in canada since it will be on wifi soon.
    I'm highly doubtful that Nintendo will release any events in Canada. The last time I talked to a Nintendo rep (when I was employed by Best Buy), I was told by her that Nintendo considers the Canadian market too small to qualify for special events. Well, I can tell you my eyes almost popped out of my head when she told me that. I asked her if she was serious, and she responded in the affirmative. The way distribution works, is the product arrives in the US first, and priority distribution is given to US retail outlets. There is a base percentage of product set aside for Canada, which equals roughly about 10% of total North American product, regardless of demand. The only way Canada qualifies for a greater percentage of product distribution, is if the orders from US retailers does not meet their allocation threshold, in which case, Canada is allocated the remainder.

It is this thinking on Nintendo's part that prevents Canada from enjoying any of Nintendo's Pokemon events. We just simply are not valued as customers by Nintendo. We're given the leftovers and scraps that the US doesn't want. Harsh way of looking at it? For sure, but it is also fact.
    JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guys, in this day and age you can find wifi at your school, or local gym. Sorry, but saying you can't access wifi is really lame. Somewhere in your town, in a public place, is wifi.

Post Thanks / Like

I need a WEP key since i have a DS Lite and i can't get a signal and i probally need to buy a USB cord?

Error code 51099 Keeps coming up and does anybody know to disable secuity for wifi?
    Last edited by Tf916; 27th February 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    I need a WEP key since i have a DS Lite and i can't get a signal and i probally need to buy a USB cord?

Error code 51099 Keeps coming up and does anybody know to disable secuity for wifi?
    There aren't USB cords for the DS that I know of. Only solution to it is to find the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Adapter thing for the DS, thing is they're not making them anymore despite the fact everyone moved off WEP and now many games can't go wi-fi unless you want to lower/turn off your security.

To remove security you'd have to have access to the control panel of the wi-fi router and go into one of the settings. I don't know the specifics since it's my dad who keeps track of the router, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Guys, in this day and age you can find wifi at your school, or local gym. Sorry, but saying you can't access wifi is really lame. Somewhere in your town, in a public place, is wifi.
    Yes and schools either protect them with a WEP code you don't know (and don't have the will to hack into), a WPA code which prevents it from being used with pokémon, or requires an internet log in which isn't possible on a DS. And if you're smart, your wi-fi is set to WPA and thus doesn't work with pokémon unless you turn off/lower security, which not everyone is capable of. Places like starbucks won't connect either (or at least, from my experience). Unless you're going to hop onto some stupid neighbor's unprotected wi-fi, there really aren't free wi-fis hanging around.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast