Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 2

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 2

Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals June 23 release date

According to the online retailer Rakuten Ichiba, the Japanese language versions of Pokémon Black and White 2 will be released on June 23, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals Ju

Alright, we now have a release date, but that still lacks one thing, and that is screenshots

I NEED SCREENSHOTS, SCREENSHOTS OF SPIDER MAN BLACK AND WHITE 2!!!
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Japanese release date for Black and White 2 announced: Online retailer reveals Ju

Screenshots will look exactly the same as BW. It's the same rehashed graphic engine.

Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Screenshots will look exactly the same as BW. It's the same rehashed graphic engine.
    Is that a bad thing?
    A man with a plan and an aerosol can!

I'm gonna touch... everything.

Oh, I am so gonna be a dick.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yes, of course it'll look like BW, but I'll bet every penny that it won't look exactly ​the same.

Blog Entries

A picture's worth a thousand words, and there are many reasons to want a screenshot--for one, it'll let us see if it takes place in new areas, if old areas were modified, and possibly what the characters look like.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the only thing I'll be interested in is new areas or new protagonists. I wonder if Hilda will get the Lyra treatment?
    Gligar13 and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I think the only thing I'll be interested in is new areas or new protagonists. I wonder if Hilda will get the Lyra treatment?
    I think that better question is; what will happen to Hilbert and Hilda? Will they stay or go?

Unlike GS, the girl protagonist doesn't really need the "Lyra treatment" so they'll either both stay and get design changes, or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smugleaf
    or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).
    We are long past the point where starting as a new trainer can be considered "fresh".
    Adyniz likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    We are long past the point where starting as a new trainer can be considered "fresh".
    It's just personal preference. Since the games are sequels, I'd like a new set of protagonists as well.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smugleaf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's just personal preference. Since the games are sequels, I'd like a new set of protagonists as well.
    Me too, after all, it wouldn't really work with the old protagonists since by the time B/W ends, the player's Pokemon are all at level 50 or so, so new protagonists (and new rivals to go with them) would be the only way it could work, but that leaves us with the question of what will happen to the old protagonists.
    Tsutarja likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneTheRoboteon View Post
    Me too, after all, it wouldn't really work with the old protagonists since by the time B/W ends, the player's Pokemon are all at level 50 or so, so new protagonists (and new rivals to go with them) would be the only way it could work, but that leaves us with the question of what will happen to the old protagonists.
    Retaining the previous protagonists wouldn't have to entail keeping the player's Pokémon. In theory, a trainer should have the ability to start over with new Pokémon; it may not have happened in the games, but it has in the anime. There is a way for that to work here. Will Game Freak do something like that? I don't know, but you can't say they have no choice but to implement new characters.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You gotta remember Bianca and Cheren, too. They experienced a lot of personal growth during BW, so it would be hard to implement them for another gym go-round too. How would it be possible to get two new rivals for Hilbert and Hilda?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    How would it be possible to get two new rivals for Hilbert and Hilda?
    First, there don't have to be two new rivals. Secondly, I see no reason why a third rival couldn't be added, especially if the rivalry had nothing to do with Gyms, as was the case with Silver. I've discussed a possible idea in this direction.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smugleaf View Post
    Unlike GS, the girl protagonist doesn't really need the "Lyra treatment" so they'll either both stay and get design changes, or they'll both be replaced by new protagonists (which I would truly prefer for the sake of freshness).
    I'd wish to see them stay because of my theory of the two new Pokemon reps for SSB4 representing the two BW games (one rep for BW1 and the other for BW2). Hilda and Zoroark are the more likely choices, and if new protagonists were introduced and physically look inferior to their BW1 predecessors, my hopes of seeing Hilda w/ Snivy, Dewott, and Emboar in a Smash Bros. title will be crushed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast