Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Default Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

"Debates" You people are actually debating whether or not to stay up for a Nintendo Direct?!

....nay, a Pokemon Direct. In a Pokemon Forum.

Here's my question: WHERE IS ALL THE HYPE AT. GET THOSE SPEED BOOSTS READY.
    V Faction: Bulbatized

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6603 - 1330

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

My opinion: if you're not trying to report it to everyone as soon as possible (like the Bulbanews staff will be), there really isn't much point staying up. Just watch it/read about it when you wake up.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think people want to see it as it happens, live as they announce whatever they have to share with us.

I'm extremely confused as to when I'll be able to see the official live announcement... There seems to be some conflicting information. The countdown on the official Japanese website (which is here: 1月8日(火)20時から、インターネット中継「Pok) ends a little over 29 hours from now, making that 8 pm (US Central) my time. Yet, the text displayed before the countdown says 20:00 in Japan, which is 8pm - or 5am my time. So how is this possible...? The countdown seems to contradict the actual information given just above it. Can anyone clear this up for me? I want to be able to watch it with my friends live when it happens, but right now we're all equally confused about what time the announcement is...

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yippee, it will be on when I'm in school.
    And I rarely see this many posts in a Bulbanews article. Reminds me of the time they were revealing the starter English names, but that was on a much larger scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by derrek_clay View Post
    I'm extremely confused as to when I'll be able to see the official live announcement... There seems to be some conflicting information. The countdown on the official Japanese website (which is here: 1月8日(火)20時から、インターネット中継「Pok) ends a little over 29 hours from now, making that 8 pm (US Central) my time. Yet, the text displayed before the countdown says 20:00 in Japan, which is 8pm - or 5am my time. So how is this possible...? The countdown seems to contradict the actual information given just above it. Can anyone clear this up for me? I want to be able to watch it with my friends live when it happens, but right now we're all equally confused about what time the announcement is...
    It will be 5am in your time zone when the Pokémon Direct is shown live.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Then what's the count down for? Something separate?

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by derrek_clay View Post
    Then what's the count down for? Something separate?
    I think there is a problem with the count down as reported in a tweet by @Bulbagarden:
    Ignore the previous #PokémonDirect tweet with the Japanese timer please! Seems to use your local computer time, but ignores timezones. Oops.
    SnorlaxMonster likes this.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Oh, okay that makes sense then. Thank you for clearing that up. Much appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    My opinion: if you're not trying to report it to everyone as soon as possible (like the Bulbanews staff will be), there really isn't much point staying up. Just watch it/read about it when you wake up.
    My thoughts exactly. Yes, at the moment I am anxious and the wait seems like forever...but I will undoubtedly get distracted before then and be pleasantly surprised when I log back in tomorrow afternoon.
    Mega Uncle Edit Y likes this.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im going to wake up early just becuase, I can always go back to bed, but I don't want to miss this. Id really like to see this announcement live, as it seems pretty major.

Blog Entries

Well, there goes the rest of my day. I know the announcement is still over half a day away but I don't think I will get anything productive done at all.

Staying up till 3am is going to be hard but so worth it (better be)

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll try to set my alarm for 6 am. I'm currently in the middle of a road trip with unreliable hotel wifi and my mother's probably going to push me to the hotel lobby for breakfast. I'll most likely follow Twitter and these boards (& Serebii).

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

With all these people staying up, preparing, setting their alarms I just hope it's worth it and not another troll anti climactic announcement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I'm going to wake up early just because, I can always go back to bed, but I don't want to miss this. Id really like to see this announcement live, as it seems pretty major.
    Likewise. I'm on vacation anyway, so setting my alarm to 5:45 is no problem. I can sleep when I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
    With all these people staying up, preparing, setting their alarms I just hope it's worth it and not another troll anti climactic announcement.
    I don't believe GameFreak and subsequently Nintendo could afford an anticlimactic announcement. They would have set themselves up for failure and as cheeky as they can be, they've got the masses watching their backs; it wouldn't be smart of them to let us down through trickery.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast