Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcem

Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming announcement

The time of the big Jan. 8 has been revealed to be 11am GMT.

Read more on Bulbanews

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Default Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

So it begins.. well, you know what I mean. This is very exciting but these next 20 hours will drag.

Ms. Canadian Destroyer Caite-chan's Avatar
    Follow Caite-chan On Twitter

Default Re: Jan. 8 announcement time announced: "Pokémon Direct" to reveal the upcoming annou

It will be a long day....though it means I'll have something to look forward to when I wake up in the morning.
    Mega Uncle Edit Y likes this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

And now, the longest day ever begins.

Blog Entries

I wonder what it could be. It seems a bit too soon for Gen 6, but I'm not ruling it out.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

What so big deal ???
    It probably another Mystery Dungeon Or Ranger series !
    I can't believe most people hoping for another Eeveelution.
    Although , I'm interested in all Eeveelution having a new evolutionary 3rd Stage.
    Just imagine what kind of cool pokemon Espion might evolve into if it get a 3rd stage.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    What so big deal ???
    Because JUNICHI FUCKING MASUDA tweeted about it. It's IMPORTANT.

Have you seen how much of a deal they're making out of it? Game Freak don't develop Spin Offs....
    Shiny Celebi likes this.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    What so big deal ???
    I can't believe most people hoping for another Eeveelution.
    Although , I'm interested in all Eeveelution having a new evolutionary 3rd Stage.
    Just imagine what kind of cool pokemon Espion might evolve into if it get a 3rd stage.
    It is being announced simultaneously worldwide. They are devoting an entire Nintendo Direct to it. All of the Nintendo twitter accounts, Masuda, Pokémon.com, and Pokémon.co.jp are all making a big deal about it. No spin off has ever received coverage like this before. This concerns the main series without a doubt.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Given this will be 10 minutes long, and hosted by Satoru Iwata, I'd expect this announcement to be of something important and major. If it were a spinoff, it wouldn't be so important, after all, the last two spinoff games weren't announced in such a major event like this. Considering Junichi Masuda tweeted about it, it's highly likely it will concern the main series in particular, which would mean it's very important.

There's one of five possibilities:

1. The first Gen 6 Pokemon is revealed or has it's shadow shown- This one is the most likely of the bunch, we will get to see a new Pokemon from Gen 6, confirming that it will begin this year or so.
    2. Announcement of a new Gen 6 game- Another likely possibility, even if no new Pokemon are revealed tomorrow, we will at least know that Gen 6 is going to begin this year.
    3. R/S remakes- Probably unlikely, as I personally think it's too early for them to make them yet.
    4. A spinoff game- Another unlikely possibility, if it were a spinoff game being revealed, it wouldn't be so important of an announcement.
    5. Something else- They only said it was a big announcement, but they didn't specifically say it was a game that was being announced, it could be anything.

I'm personally leaning towards 1 or 2 myself, since they are the most likely.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Isn't Junichi Masuda also making an appearance on the Nintendo Direct? I'm sure he mentioned something like that on his Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Given this will be 10 minutes long, and hosted by Satoru Iwata, I'd expect this announcement to be of something important and major. If it were a spinoff, it wouldn't be so important, after all, the last two spinoff games weren't announced in such a major event like this. Considering Junichi Masuda tweeted about it, it's highly likely it will concern the main series in particular, which would mean it's very important.

There's one of five possibilities:

1. The first Gen 6 Pokemon is revealed or has it's shadow shown- This one is the most likely of the bunch, we will get to see a new Pokemon from Gen 6, confirming that it will begin this year or so.
    2. Announcement of a new Gen 6 game- Another likely possibility, even if no new Pokemon are revealed tomorrow, we will at least know that Gen 6 is going to begin this year.
    3. R/S remakes- Probably unlikely, as I personally think it's too early for them to make them yet.
    4. A spinoff game- Another unlikely possibility, if it were a spinoff game being revealed, it wouldn't be so important of an announcement.
    5. Something else- They only said it was a big announcement, but they didn't specifically say it was a game that was being announced, it could be anything.

I'm personally leaning towards 1 or 2 myself, since they are the most likely.
    "Too early"?

You do realize it's been TEN years since Ruby/Sapphire, right?
    Bill Cipher, Yato and fenyx4 like this.

Blog Entries

If it's getting coverage of this magnitude, then it has to be something relating to the main game series, not a spin-off. Since when has a spin-off gotten this much coverage? On top of that, since it'll be worldwide simultaneously, then it has to be something major. My guess is either one or some Gen VI Pokemon will be released (more likely one, but we got four Gen IV Pokemon released in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew *Lucario, Mime Jr., Bonsly, and Weavile*), the announcement of a Gen VI Game coming out later this year (another high probability), or RS remakes (not as likely, but still up there). If I had to guess, I'd say it's the pre-release of a Gen VI Pokemon, but if I had my preference, I'd say RS remakes. However, given the fact that I don't think a remake wouldn't get this much of a worldwide coverage, it's gotta be one of the former two. Well, we'll just have to wait and see. That's gonna be the kicker... the wait. Set your clocks, because this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyou View Post
    "Too early"?

You do realize it's been TEN years since Ruby/Sapphire, right?
    I fail to see the point here. So what?

Besides, there should be some spacing between remakes, as popping out too many really just stagnates the series.

It's actually coming up to Eleven years now, if Red & Green can get remakes after eight years and Gold & Silver can get remakes after ten years then it's just as likely that Ruby & Sapphire can get remakes after Eleven years... I would keep an open mind about this announcement, we don't know what they're going to spring on us.
    fenyx4 likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast