Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twi

Thread: Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twi

Default Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twi

Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through Twitter

BulbaNewsNOW, a microblogging feature aiming to provide fast and up to date posting on Pokémon news, is a new Twitter account run by Bulbagarden staff members. It serves as a news ticker to run the breaking Pokémon-related news as soon as we hear about it.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through

To be honest I don't think having two twitter accounts for news from the same site to be an optimal set up for users.

So I should follow BulbaNews for slow news and BulbaNewsNOW for fast, but possibly inaccurate news? Or both because I want the news twice?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Introducing 'BulbaNewsNOW': Source of fast, short updates on Pokémon news through

Difference between Bulbanews and Bulbanews now is that the former brings you confirmed news while the latter brings you all the unconfirmed news. At least, that's what I think it is..

Team Black

Team White

Plus Bulbanews usually goes into more detail about the news being presented in article form.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

BNN is the equivalent of a "breaking news" ticker. Bulbanews then covers the stories in detail.

I just don't see what's wrong with both being on one twitter account.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For example, if a new Pokemon is revealed:

BNN: New Pokemon revealed on Smash! Stay tuned for details.

Bulbanews: A new Pokemon was revealed earlier today on Smash. [Insert name here] is a [type] and is based on [animal/plant].

I wonder why it took a while to announce BNN in a proper article.

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    For example, if a new Pokemon is revealed:

BNN: New Pokemon revealed on Smash! Stay tuned for details.

Bulbanews: A new Pokemon was revealed earlier today on Smash. [Insert name here] is a [type] and is based on [animal/plant].

I wonder why it took a while to announce BNN in a proper article.
    I just feel like with BNN a reader has absolutely no details so why even bother telling them until you can give them a URL to see it or at least it's name and type. BulbaNews could easily tweet the first one and then 5 minutes later tweet the second one.

Guess I just hate making things complicated.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by pokejungle View Post
    I just don't see what's wrong with both being on one twitter account.
    Because while we've had a *lot* of bitching from people about @bulbanews tweeting anything like a rumour or unconfirmed or partial info, we've also had a lot of people thanking us for providing that info. We're trying to provide a best of both worlds approach.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Quote Originally Posted by pokejungle View Post
    I just feel like with BNN a reader has absolutely no details
    If you look at out tweets we give plenty of detail.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Most big news organizations have a general news account and a "breaking news" account, along with several sub-twitters for specific kinds of news (e.g. international, specific to one country/region, arts, science, sports, etc.)

For example, CNN has a regular twitter and a breaking news twitter.

In essence, it's not like this is a new thing that Bulba dreamed up, this seems to be how most large news sites organized their Twitter accounts.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.