International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

Thread: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March 30

Players that picked up their copies of Pokémon Black and White in Europe today have tried connecting to Pokémon Global Link with no avail. The official website for Pokémon Global Link has revealed that the service has been delayed until March 30. This delay was previously announced, though a specific date was not known.The Japanese Global Link service will be taken down on March 18 for some sections, to be fully relaunched on March 30 with an aesthetic overhaul.

Read more on Bulbanews

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March

Meh, I didn't like the dream world that much when I tried it. It got old like the PokeWalker did.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March

I was hoping to be playing around with this until I could get a hold of my copy. Oh well, only 7 more days until I can play.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    When a good man goes to war.
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Blog Entries

Didn't we already know that they were delaying it for a month or is this just to remind people?

I'm upset because its not up for my birthday >:

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Didn't we already know that they were delaying it for a month or is this just to remind people?

I'm upset because its not up for my birthday >:
    We did know that it was gonna be delayed. We just didn't know the specifics.
    Pokemon Black FC: 1377 7082 2212

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Their probably building up their servers, so it doesn't lag like 56k.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Well, I'm not missing anything. I'll have my game before then, and it'll give me some time to get in some level grinding before I get stuck into GblLnk.
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Hmmm, does this mean that I can't trade with online friends that I know? Because I was planning on doing that with people during next week...

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dosent matter. I should really go to the Japanese Global link. I'll have time to try to get some female pokemon to use for Masuda Method

Blog Entries

March 30th?

The wait doesn't seem too long...
    Wonder why people are complaining.
    It's not even a whole months wait...

Keep Moving Forward MasterKenobi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now that the date has been announced, everyone and their mother is going to be waiting until 12am on March 30th for this time to come around.

It's really probable that the server is going to crash the first day a few times or be REALLY laggy.

Done by the amazing Blazaking! ^^

Unhappy Re: International Pokémon Global Link launch delayed: Online service to launch March

Sorry to let everyone know, but this is from the Global Link Website:
    "The Pokemon Global Link was scheduled to launch on March 30, 2011. As a result of the earthquake in Japan and the need to conserve energy resources, the launch date has been temporarily delayed. When a new launch date is determined, it will be published here on the Pokemon Global Link.We apologize sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this delay."

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Hi eternityglacier,

We already know that actually. See the news article linked in this thread.

Thanks.
    The dark lord trombonator (trom)
    Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief, Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief, and Archives Advisor

Now blogging as 'idiosyncriticnz' at wordpress.com