Hoyts to air 'White—Victini and Zekrom' in Australia, New Zealand: Bulbagarden to dis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoyts to air 'White—Victini and Zekrom' in Australia, New Zealand: Bulbagarden to dis

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Hoyts to air 'White—Victini and Zekrom' in Australia, New Zealand: Bulbagarden to dis

Hoyts to air 'White—Victini and Zekrom' in Australia, New Zealand: Bulbagarden to distribute ...

Hoyts will be airing White—Victini and Zekrom at selected cinemas in Australia and New Zealand on Feb. 18 and 19. This marks the debut in both countries. Hoyts has provided 20 double passes (10 for Australia and 10 for New Zealand) for Bulbagarden to distribute. These passes will be distributed randomly to people who comment on the story on Bulbagarden forums, Facebook or Google+, or send a message to bulbanews on Twitter.

Read more on Bulbanews
    Last edited by Kogoro; 6th February 2012 at 05:13 AM.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Hoyts to air White—Victini and Zekrom in Australia and New Zealand: Bulbagarden t

Well, I don't think we've had something like this happen before (free tickets). I'll certainly have to go see this. Also, while we may get the DVDs separately, we get them first.

Default Re: Hoyts to air White—Victini and Zekrom in Australia and New Zealand: Bulbagarden t

Whelp, I'm feeling nostalgiac for seeing the movies in cinema - I still remember seeing 4ever, sniff. I'm gonna go see it either way, but might as well try for thr free tickets. :)

Unova's #1 Yancy fan Seizon Senryaku's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Seizon Senryaku On Twitter

OH WOW, I've never seen a Pokemon movie in cinemas before. I'd love to go see it, and free tickets would just take the cake! :D :D
    The Atlantis Codex / Champion Game

'A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.' - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    'Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more; men were deceivers ever.' - William Shakespeare
    'Beauty is everywhere a welcome guest.' - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    'When one life meets another life, something will be born.' - Un(k)own

The Awesomeness that is I AkiraAxis's Avatar

Ahh... Pokemon Movies. Brings back the nostalgia. I live in New Zealand and I remember that the last movie was a long time ago and I loved watching it. I'm probably gonna watch it at Hoyts Sylvia. Be great if I got double pass if not I'm still gonna go. I wonder what its gonna be like I'll probably buy the movies on DVD aswell. Hope Ash kicks some butt.
    PS: I know the storyline is on bulbapedia but I haven't read it yet. Don't like spoilers.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Well, I don't think we've had something like this happen before (free tickets). I'll certainly have to go see this. Also, while we may get the DVDs separately, we get them first.
    It was announced a week ago. I was actually looking for you that day but you were offline... Sorry for the delay.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by adyniz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    It was announced a week ago. I was actually looking for you that day but you were offline... Sorry for the delay.
    Yeah, it is old news (with the Australian DVD release being even older news), but what isn't is that we are distributing the double passes. Plus it hadn't had an article, and it needed one.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

None of the locations are really close to me at all, which is weird.... Although now I think about it there aren't as many Hoyts cinemas around these days, it's mostly Event.

It would be the first time I'd seen a Pokémon movie in theaters since the second movie!

Blog Entries

I actually seem to be in the minority in that I actually have two cinemas that are screening the film within a close radius to me, but I don't know if I'd actually go. (free tickets might change my mind, though XD)

The DVDs for the two movies actually have a tie-in promotion at one retailer as well, so TPCi's really put quite a bit of effort into releasing this movie in Australia.

Although the lack of a Blu-ray annoys me a little, seeing as the last two movies came out on Blu-ray. (although the last two movies also had their home release in the first week of June, not in March - so it may just be a matter of waiting a few more months for the BD)

Not to be off-topic. but how come Bulbanews didn't report that Pokémon The Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom is also airing on Cartoon Network in the USA next Saturday?

Well, I've already managed to catch both movies thanks to internet magic after foreign TV airings, but a chance to catch it in cinemas? Sounds fun. Especially since I haven't seen Pokémon on the big screen since Pokémon 3.

The Awesomeness that is I AkiraAxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    I actually seem to be in the minority in that I actually have two cinemas that are screening the film within a close radius to me, but I don't know if I'd actually go. (free tickets might change my mind, though XD)
    Lol. I'm the same here. I have Both Botany Downs and Sylvia park which I can get to fairly easily. But If you can go why don't you?. It's pokemon on the BIG screen.

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

I'm going to go and watch all the Pokemon movies I have on DVD right now. :)
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

home is where the heart is and my heart is in both me home land and Australia. what is my home land? Lebanon you dope. couldn't you guess from the arabic name?
    Blog Entries

*le me herping reading title,
    me:hmm nothing here
    *le back
    me:wait...Hoyts?
    *le re visit topic,
    me: well I'll be who'd of thought that big corporations are so generous.

Also Known As BB ^.^ British Banette's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow! this is amazing!

Australia (or at least where i live!) never show any sort of anime (very rarely at least) let alone pokemon! HOORAY! this will be awesome!

Kudos to Neodark for the best banner! AWESOME job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast