Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gordon
  • 1 Post By Glitchipedia
  • 2 Post By Mokoniki

Thread: Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

After appearing in a special video recorded by Junichi Masuda at Japan Expo yesterday, The Pokémon Company International has announced the English name of Hitotsuki, a new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon that appeared during the presentation.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

hone edge... pretty clever

expect a fair share of these to be nicknamed pwnage
    Pwnage the Honedge
    Last edited by Gordon; 5th July 2013 at 06:47 AM.
    User_Name likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Default Re: Hitotsuki's English name revealed!: Localised name "Honedge" confirmed!

Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

Gotta say, I love the story behind it. A regular sword that became possessed by a spirit. Anyone who unwittingly grabs it, thinking it's a sword, will have their energy drained. Spooky and cool at the same time. This Mon HAS to be on my team now! It's just too cool to pass up.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :P
    User_Name and qixz like this.

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I don't like this name at all. The French name, Monorpale, sounds better than this! xD

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't care if it doesn't technically have a "claw", this thing must learn Hone Claws.

Because of the flavor text implying about the other abilities the ghost has besides wielding the sword it is stuck in, I'm honestly more interested on that sort of moves it could learn.
    I'm not sure about many ghost-related draining moves beyond Dream Eater (which is Psychic, but still), but I guess that's one thing it could have. I can see it with things like Mean Look and even Curse too.

Makes me wonder if it might have moderately high special attack, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoniki View Post
    Not really a fan of the name, but I'll get used to it. I'm nicknaming it "Excaliboo". :P
    Scaryboor?
    Although I think Hexcalibur sounded the coolest. It'd be cool if this thing learned Hex too.

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Honedge. I like it. Simple and it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Actually, I expect a good portion of the Honedge population to be nicknamed stuff like "Excalibur", "Soul Edge", "MastrSword", "Keyblade", "Andúril", and possibly even "Lightsaber". Hell, let's throw "Damocles" in there.
    I'll go with Rhisling myself. 'Twas the name of Vector Prime's sword...aw, crap! I'll need an extra for my Palkia VectorPrym! (Going for a theme here.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

but... pwnage rhymes with Honedge

Blog Entries

Honedge... interesting. I'm naming mine Scathe.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    but... pwnage rhymes with Honedge
    You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.

Follow Mokoniki on Tumblr Visit Mokoniki's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    You mean Honedge rhymes with Stone Edge. Hehe. It'd be funny if this Pokemon could actually learn that move too. lol

Anyway, not a bad name. Though I don't really get the meaning behind the "hone" part.
    "Hone" means to sharpen. So sharpen [the] edge. :P

"My hobbies include staring at hot asian men, crying over hot asian men, and shipping hot asian men with other hot asian men~"
    Quotes stolen from tumblr. Claims: Zhong Hui, Xu Shu, Sewddle, Protect, Sitrus Berry, Max Repel, and Sap Sipper

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoniki View Post
    "Hone" means to sharpen. So sharpen [the] edge. :P
    OH. I see now! That's pretty neat. :D