HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the long

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the long

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the long

HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the long-awaited ...

It has been nearly a decade since the North American release of Pokémon Gold and Silver. It has also been nearly a decade since Game Freak and Nintendo have wowed me with a new installment of the series.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the

Maybe my memory's failing me (and it probably is), but since when were editorials like this news-worthy?

Default Re: HeartGold and SoulSilver- a return to form or a lazy rehash?: An analysis of the

I agree with ShadyWolf. Bulbapedia is a Wiki. Not a reveiw site. Or a blog.

I don't think it should be a place to post opinions on the Remake.
    I love the remake, as do many many others. Biased opinions like this kinda ruin the mood for people when they read it. It did for me. ):
    ~Hugs Soul Silver~ People should cherish their opinions, good or bad but not push it upon others.

I'd love to hear your opinion, but not directly on the wiki. Maybe make a thread and discuss it. That would be really fun! <3

Cold as you Kevzo8's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
    I agree with ShadyWolf. Bulbapedia is a Wiki. Not a reveiw site. Or a blog.

I don't think it should be a place to post opinions on the Remake.
    I love the remake, as do many many others. Biased opinions like this kinda ruin the mood for people when they read it. It did for me. ):
    ~Hugs Soul Silver~ People should cherish their opinions, good or bad but not push it upon others.
    Yup yup. Bulbapedia is a Wiki. However, this is Bulbanews. Bulbanews is a community newspaper. And newspapers have editorials.

To inform you guys, before, Bulbanews columnists and editors make various columns and editorials. However, they didn't have the time to make it anymore and gradually stopped.

Plus, look at the top of all the pages in Bulbanews. o_o

Studying Greek Mythology. KronosClownz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bulbanews is a paper, therefore reviews are possible.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I stopped reading after the mocking of Gen III. I'd take it if it was pointed as an opinion, but with that tone like it was a fact, it's nothing more than a big lie. RS improved the series in many senses; I won't write them down here, hope you'll figure them out yourself.

Mind you, Sapphire is the only game in which I currently have over 999:59 game time. I enjoyed RS and didn't really see any "serious problems".

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Registered User Water-Type King Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    Mind you, Sapphire is the only game in which I currently have over 999:59 game time. I enjoyed RS and didn't really see any "serious problems".
    +1 Gen III was good there was nothing wrong with it and
    +1 for the 999:59 hours :D

Studying Greek Mythology. KronosClownz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I played Diamond for 150 hours.

Blog Entries
    Follow *Jirachi* On Twitter
    Follow *Jirachi* on Tumblr Visit *Jirachi*'s Youtube Channel

This kind of pissed me off and made me sad. There was so much mocking of newer Pokégens [III and IV].
    I really can`t stand the fact why most people are so attached with the 2 first Pokémon generations.
    Don`t get me wrong. I like em. But sometimes these nostalgia lovers are really harsh when they are talking about newer games and monsters.

I started with Sapphire. I can`t stand what`s so wonderful about R/B/Y or G/S/C. I have only played their remakes. And I like them. HeartGold and SoulSilver will introduce the world of Johto to me first time. They seem really amazing games.

I really loved 4th generation of Pokémon. The games were amazing. Anime too. I liked most of the Pokémon too.
    What I really hate about generation 2 is just that thing what this guy`s saying is the best thing: They keep those games and Pokémon too much same. I mean, the Pokémon are quite same. The evil team is same. There is too much similiar things.
    But still, I know that I`m gonna love Johto. Not in their original forms, but their remakes.

The nostalgia freaks needs to understand, that Pokémon is going to evolve. If you are so keen on the older games that you can`t accept new features or Pokémon, you should leave the series. Pokémon evolves all the time. And that`s good.

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyWolf View Post
    Maybe my memory's failing me (and it probably is), but since when were editorials like this news-worthy?
    We have had plenty of editorials before...

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

No problem for editorials, some problems for editorials in love with the second gen and before with hate for the 3rd gen and forward. I'm not saying that I love em, I'm just saying while the 4th gen feels experimental, Johto being more varied and imaginative then Hoenn is bullshit. Hoenn falls the most into that category, from a jungle town, to a volcano side town, to a town in the middle of a fucking crate in the middle of the fucking ocean. I mean seriously Johto is small, has lots of forgettable routes, and the most memorable area has to be the area introduced in HGSS on the island Cianwood is on just cause of its difference in comparison to Johto's other areas. I'm not going to say I'm not biased, oh no I am. I have useless niggles for every gen, excluding the 1st cause its the lowest point, the starting ground, so it can have its problems. But for gen 2 and its feel of similarity(Kanto 2.0 ffs), Gen 3 and how the games didn't feel completely right(asthetically and in the gameplay) and gen4 with the experimental feel, the wrongest way to deal with games(it went from shit slow, to normal to normal when they should have had it like that from the beginning, and the damn squareness of DP), its the complete disregard to give the recent 2 gens any respect when they clearly deserve some, is where I get angry at.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

I don't mind that there's an Editorial per se, but if you're going to state that Gen III is flawed in a matter-of-factly sort of tone, then at least give some reasons why. Same with "Gold and Silver perfected the series... because they added the most." What was this 'most', exactly?

It's nice to see some editorials as part of the online newspaper, but not if they're filled with this sort of unsubstantiated criticism.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

This doesn't belong on BulbaNEWS. News is objective and fact, Reviews are subjective and opinion. And this one in particular, doesn't have any real supporting evidence for the opinions, it's just a big 'Gen I and II > All' . It lacks any depth, reviews are supposed to go hand-in-hand with critical analysis, which this isn't.

Sure, newspapers have reviews of movies and stuff, but it's never mixed with the normal news, they're in their own section (before the Agony Aunt or Sex Doctor sections...let's have one of those too!). Maybe have an additional section for editorials?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by *Jirachi* View Post
    I started with Sapphire. I can`t stand what`s so wonderful about R/B/Y or G/S/C. I have only played their remakes. And I like them. HeartGold and SoulSilver will introduce the world of Johto to me first time. They seem really amazing games.
    Bolded is why you can't understand what we see in Gen1/2. For most of us that prefer Gen1/2, it was our childhood, I can definitely say such is true for me. It doesn't just provide the "old game" sort of flavored nostalgia, it also brings us back to our childhood.

IMO, you guys should stop going off and bashing Gen1/2 because this guy bashed Gen3/4. Personally I don't like Gen3 (as for Hoenn? aurgh I want it dead, it annoyed me more than it kept me entertained), but I wouldn't really say it's the 'worst' of the series, merely that it was my least favorite. The writer for this may have gone a bit far but at the same time this is his opinion so don't let it bother your or change yours.

Plus, btw guys, there is no "tone of voice". No one is talking, thus there cannot be a tone of voice unless you're imagining it that way.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    Bolded is why you can't understand what we see in Gen1/2. For most of us that prefer Gen1/2, it was our childhood, I can definitely say such is true for me. It doesn't just provide the "old game" sort of flavored nostalgia, it also brings us back to our childhood.
    And a lot of us that can't understand why you love gen 1/2 so much is us that actually grew up with it as well, and don't have nostalgia fogging or minds up like they were Jesus. And while it does bring us to our childhood, doesn't make the games good. I just played silver yesterday and couldn't stand it cause the games aren't all they are said to be. They are still GB games and are and always will be flawed.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast