HeartGold, SoulSilver commercial released: Commercial reveals entrances of version ma - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HeartGold, SoulSilver commercial released: Commercial reveals entrances of version ma

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Default Re: HeartGold, SoulSilver commercial released: Commercial reveals entrances of versio

The video was playing at the Pokemon Center in Tokyo according to my roomate (he went there yesterday when I got lost in the subway because he thought I had left to go there :p). I'm going there today and will try to record it.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Default Re: HeartGold, SoulSilver commercial released: Commercial reveals entrances of versio

@Ryuu: Well, it's not like it's not possible.(<-Double Negative FTW)

The DS's compatibilities aren't that limited. Heck, majority of the first DS titles in 2005 were in full 3D. Also, I've seen a couple of DS games with beautiful CG cutscenes. The graphics and the styles in DPPt are pretty good, but they suck compared to other DS titles.
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 2nd July 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    I just realized that the Ho-Oh and Lugia animations (not the Whirl Islands and Tin Tower ones) might not be real cutscenes or part of the actual game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCTWomqUNI&feature=related

They made little cutscenes for the commercials for FRLG as well as DP and Platinum. Not saying the cutscenes aren't going to be in the game, but there's a chance. D:
    Those cutscenes look more to me like they were done for advertising, and I don't think that anyone would have expected them to be in the actual game because of the whole 3D thing. But your point still stands, those scenes might not be in the actual game. I agree with Ryuu, let's hope that they're in the game.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I PRAY those cutscenes do come in the game.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veggietable View Post
    At least those cutscenes finally showed more than Ho-oh's flaiming ass.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks View Post
    At least those cutscenes finally showed more than Ho-oh's flaiming ass.
    THIS

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Pokémon Master View Post
    The video was playing at the Pokemon Center in Tokyo according to my roomate (he went there yesterday when I got lost in the subway because he thought I had left to go there :p). I'm going there today and will try to record it.
    Well, let's hope you succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggietable View Post
    I doubt it, DPPt had the same 3D animations in their adverts with Giratina, Dialga and Palkia.

I don't see why people would PRAY they're in the game anyway, it's more of a visual thing than actual gameplay and it wouldn't really make a difference.

Blog Entries

I'd rather they not waste memory with overlong CG cutscenes.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emp' View Post
    I doubt it, DPPt had the same 3D animations in their adverts with Giratina, Dialga and Palkia.

I don't see why people would PRAY they're in the game anyway, it's more of a visual thing than actual gameplay and it wouldn't really make a difference.
    Agreed

Those are definitely commercial animations, they won't be in the game.
    Deal with it.

Judging by the way Lugia moves in that video (similar to the intro of Silver), I'm more inclined to believe that what we're looking at is part of the games' intros, and not in-game cutscenes.

Edit: Same goes for Ho-oh and Gold

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Judging by the way Lugia moves in that video (similar to the intro of Silver), I'm more inclined to believe that what we're looking at is part of the games' intros, and not in-game cutscenes.

Edit: Same goes for Ho-oh and Gold
    But adds for every game since FRLG have utilized the exact same style of 3D, what makes you think that this is any different?

BTW, that lava is verry obviously Blackhorn's GYM. Pay attention and you'll see it too.
    Deal with it.

Those cutscenes look more to me like they were done for advertising, and I don't think that anyone would have expected them to be in the actual game because of the whole 3D thing.
    The DS can and has handled those kind of cutscenes easily, such as in Final Fantasy's DS games.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

^Which is why part of me thinks the animations MIGHT be in the actual game, but I still think it's part of the commercial.

I'm not saying that this time is definitely different, but if those scenes are part of the game, it's more likely they're from the intro, not the cutscenes.

Staff member at The PokéMasters (Forums - Facebook page)
    Joined April 5, 2005

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast