HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station star - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station star

Default Re: HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station

Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing1417 View Post
    Do you think there will be a promotion tie in with the movies?
    Kids Station shows the Pokemon movies on a constant rotation. They're just switching over to the new remasters now because they have access to them. There's nothing particularly noteworthy to see here.
    So.

Blog Entries

Default Re: HD remasterings of first five movies to air in Japan: Set to air on Kids Station

The Japanese DVDs of the first 3 movies (including the 2011 reprints, according to Dogasu's detailed movie guide which should pretty much resolve any question of what languages included in each release) included the 4Kids dub as an audio track. The 'English subtitles' in these movies are the dub dialogue - not a direct translation. The Blu-ray box set released late last year doesn't include these.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158
    hmm, that's odd. I could have sworn the Japanese release came with it. I even came across a download of the bluray rip (someone used some program to rip the movie from the disc so you could put it on an ipod) of some of them (movies 1,2,3,&5) and it came with both languages. Maybe it was another release that did.
    There aren't any other Blu-ray releases of the movies in Japan. There's only the one that came out last November and, as stated earlier, that one didn't have the English audio on it.

Now the DVDs, yes, but only for movies 1-3. Media Factory hasn't been including the English dub on their DVDs for any of the movies since then.

What you came across was probably someone ripping the video from the Blu-rays and then taking the English audio track from the American (or Canadian, Australian, etc.) DVDs and tacking that on there as an extra. The legit release of the Blu-ray only includes the Japanese tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree
    How many people can even afford paying so much for a movie set?
    Well, I bought it, so that's at least one.

The Blu-ray set wasn't meant to be something you buy for your kids. It's a product meant for older collectors who can afford to drop half a grand on a thirteen movie set.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    The Japanese DVDs of the first 3 movies (including the 2011 reprints, according to Dogasu's detailed movie guide which should pretty much resolve any question of what languages included in each release) included the 4Kids dub as an audio track. The 'English subtitles' in these movies are the dub dialogue - not a direct translation. The Blu-ray box set released late last year doesn't include these.
    It's possible that they don't include it due to the presumed WB rights expiration during the Arceus Gap. Movies 1-3 are still out of print in the US.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FreeXax View Post
    I think it would be cool if they animated them again. With the new technology. I usually can't tell the difference between HD and normal.
    The movies definitely wouldn't be the same if they redid the animations.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    I think it would be cool if they animated them again. With the new technology. I usually can't tell the difference between HD and normal.
    The movies definitely wouldn't be the same if they redid the animations.
    No they wouldn't, but it would be really cool to see certain characters animated that well. Misty, Brock, and Mewtwo would look really cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    It's possible that they don't include it due to the presumed WB rights expiration during the Arceus Gap. Movies 1-3 are still out of print in the US.
    I don't think that's relevant at all. The first 9 movies were re-released in Japan on August 24th 2011 - well after the Arceus movie was finally released in the US, and the first 3 movies still have the dub track on them. The Blu-ray versions probably omit the English dub because the box set is just the movies, no extras. (Similar, I s'pose to how those crappy Echo Bridge DVDs and Blu-rays are missing all the special features, too)

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

No they wouldn't, but it would be really cool to see certain characters animated that well. Misty, Brock, and Mewtwo would look really cool.
    Imagine millions of people who grew up with the anime but left it as they matured, only to see their plucky protagonist Ash with irises the size of his fists.
    The reanimated movies would just feel foreign and like they're tampering with the classics.
    Hunter Blade and sonic10158 like this.

I'm not really saying for the older fans. They left because they matured. But I really think the younger generation would enjoy it. I grew up with the old movies. Saw all of them in the theaters. And I don't think any of the new movies nearly match up to them. I just feel that it would be so cool to see the older movies animated at their best. At the time, they were the best of their time. I don't think that it would be great, or even a classic. But it would sell. And I don't think that there would be any real problems with them.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Actually, there would be a ton of problems. They wouldn't be able to name half the Pokemon in the first few movies. :p
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)