Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Generation - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Generation

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Board of editorsBulbapedia StaffArchives Advisor
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Genera

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    Question, does this mean that I'll have to re-register my username for the X/Y Global Link? Let's say my B/W Global Link username is "Fennekin", does this mean that when the X/Y Global Link opens, anyone will be able to get that username or will it be automatically mine since i used it before?
    From the wording of the announcement ("...will be able to carry over certain achievements and records [...] if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.") it seems that way. However, it's been so long since I registered that I forget if it just automatically uses your Pokemon Trainer Club username when you do.
    Well that sucks! What if someone registers your username before you do? Do they get your achievements and records?
    Maybe they reserve that username to your Trainer Club account? I agree though, it seems like a poor way to set it up.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Genera

I was expecting a new Global Link for gen VI but I was hoping they wouldn't shut down the old one for the Gen V games. This makes me sad cause I actually liked the Dream World. Though it did have it's problems, like being the only way to grow berries in the game so I hope the new one improves on the Gen V one. I do hope the new one's better, no 20 hour wait time would be nice , but I can understand them keeping that to slow down the amount of traffic on the site. Please no 1 hour time limit. I mean I can get a time limit , but 1 hour was way too short to do everything. I'd prefer it if there was no time limit, but maybe 2 hours or 2 would be better too. Another problem with this is if someone were buy a Gen V game used, then they wouldn't be able to access all the online features and meaning they could fully experience key parts of the games. If you need berries after this then you're pretty much screwed. I hope that there's some sort of berry growing system built in the game for Gen VI instead of having to grow berries online.

Well time to go gather as much berries as I can from the Dream World and change my Pokedex/C gear skin before it closes.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

There was somebody still using it?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I kinda hoped they'd keep it around. I guess it's time for me to go back to the Dream World and collect all I can before it closes. havent connected B2/W2 but now I think I will connect Black 2 and get everything I can. I'll just have to pick my favorite C-gear skin as a final choice for my games when it does close.

Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BulbaBot View Post
    Global Link for Generation V games to shut down Jan. 14: To be replaced by Generation VI Global Link

The Pokémon Global Link for Generation V games will be shutting down on Jan. 14, 2014. Services will be phased out starting after the October 2013 maintenance. It will be replaced by a Pokémon Global Link for Pokémon X and Y.

Read more on Bulbanews
    YAY!!!! Its gonna be better!

I HATE MYSELF!

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Oh no :[ I actually liked Dream World a lot. They better let us keep our decorations in the house for XY.

However it says it's going into maintenance in October 1-12 and closing in January 14, so I have a few more months to still play and transfer all my berries to W2.

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Blog Entries

For anyone interested, I completed my list of things exclusive to the DW
    Glaziola and SnorlaxMonster like this.

Blog Entries

I was fearing this and not for the berries. I was fearing this for the Pokemon.

All I want is a DW Golett or two and I've been slowly working towards that goal; guess I'll have to step it up a bit. But yeah, kinda figured that this would be happening. =/

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Question, does this mean that I'll have to re-register my username for the X/Y Global Link? Let's say my B/W Global Link username is "Fennekin", does this mean that when the X/Y Global Link opens, anyone will be able to get that username or will it be automatically mine since i used it before?
    From the wording of the announcement ("...will be able to carry over certain achievements and records [...] if they register for the new Pokémon Global Link using their existing user name.") it seems that way. However, it's been so long since I registered that I forget if it just automatically uses your Pokemon Trainer Club username when you do.
    Well that sucks! What if someone registers your username before you do? Do they get your achievements and records?
    Maybe they reserve that username to your Trainer Club account? I agree though, it seems like a poor way to set it up.
    It uses your Trainer Club username....so as long as its associated with the same trainer club account I assume there's no problem.

No no no no no! Not the medals! I love to collect medals, they're little achievements; I need to start asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    No no no no no! Not the medals! I love to collect medals, they're little achievements; I need to start asap!
    I'm starting now, but I don't know if I'll make it for the 50/100 DW Pokemon medals in time :S

Mega Torchic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Combusken View Post
    I'm starting now, but I don't know if I'll make it for the 50/100 DW Pokemon medals in time :S
    There's enough days left (160ish), it just depends on how often you can go on.

I hope I get better Internet connection before then. I've yet to try Black Version 2 online.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Combusken View Post
    There's enough days left (160ish), it just depends on how often you can go on.
    I'm aiming on (at least) once a day.

Mega Torchic.

Seems more like they're hyping up fear.

Last edited by ZPC2THLgate; 15th July 2013 at 03:08 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast