Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

Default Re: Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

This probably won't happen due to the (assumed) rights expiration, but it'd be awesome if they could show the First Movie/Mewtwo Returns the day/weekend before. We can dream, can't we?

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Genesect and the Legend Awakened to premiere on Cartoon Network Oct. ...

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxMonster View Post
    And calling a season "Pokémon the Series: XY" is just confusing.
    It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.
    Actually, it is a season
    Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

SnorlaxMonster, may I ask where did you get the Movie 16 English posters?

I do wonder who they'll cast for Genesect. If they get Frank Welker to voice Red, that would be flat out AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    And calling a season "Pokémon the Series: XY" is just confusing.
    It's not a season, though. That's one year worth of episodes. This will be the whole 3-4 year saga, most likely with season-specific subtitles added later on.
    Actually, it is a season
    Pokémon fans in the U.S. can catch the debut of Pokémon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened, starring the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, followed by a sneak peek of the newest season of the Pokémon animated series, Pokémon the Series: XY. The brand-new season is set in the world introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and features Pokémon making their animation debut like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.
    Still, the "the Series" title will likely carry over to the next couple seasons.

A real monstrosity SnorlaxMonster's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries
    Follow SnorlaxMonster On Twitter
    Visit SnorlaxMonster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy View Post
    SnorlaxMonster, may I ask where did you get the Movie 16 English posters?
    Press release

I'm not trying to offend anybody, but why are they still broadcasting the US dubs on Cartoon Network?

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but Cartoon Network just keeps getting tedious over the years...

I think Pokemon should go team up with another media company to air the dubs (It would be better if it weren't in a cable-exclusive channel).

Blog Entries

so no word on whether we get the pk short? :(

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The "The Series" part in the cartoon's title is most likely there to help the TV series stand out from the similarly titled video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil
    On the subject of the movie, I heard it's a different Mewtwo in this one then the one in the previous movie and tv special. But does he still talk like the other one, though?
    The Myuutwo in this movie does speak, yes. It has a female voice - probably to make the distinction between it and the Myuutwo from the first series as obvious as possible - and its voice actor, Takashima Reiko, has described the Myuutwo in this movie as having a mother-like quality about it.

One would think the dub would go with a female voice to mirror what the Japanese version did, but given how vastly different their Keldeo voice was from the original version we don't really know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox
    so no word on whether we get the pk short? :(
    I have a feeling they'll do to it what they did to the Meloetta short last year. If they were going to dub a short that features the animated debut of a Generation VI pokemon and debut it the same week the XY games come out, then I feel like hey would have announced it right along with the main feature.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 25th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu4170 View Post
    I'm not trying to offend anybody, but why are they still broadcasting the US dubs on Cartoon Network?

I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but Cartoon Network just keeps getting tedious over the years...

I think Pokemon should go team up with another media company to air the dubs (It would be better if it weren't in a cable-exclusive channel).
    I'm sure there's some sort of ongoing contract between the two that at the very least gives CN first dibs on the movies. I have to admit the Victini event was pretty cool, though, and I hope we get to see something like that again.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Cool, they used original music from the movie during the trailer. Thumbs up for that.
    And I really, really liked Feraligatr's voice in that trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi1001 View Post
    I'm sure there's some sort of ongoing contract between the two that at the very least gives CN first dibs on the movies. I have to admit the Victini event was pretty cool, though, and I hope we get to see something like that again.
    But, as I said, Cartoon Network is getting boring and it is not THE best place to watch Pokemon Shows and Movie premiers...

Besides, not all Americans have or can afford cable TV, satellite TV, nor Fiber Optic TV (I am one of them since I use Antenna/Over-The-Air)...

I call TimeWarner too exclusive...

Also, respond more quicker!
    Last edited by Pikachu4170; 11th September 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12