Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Default Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

Meloetta can wait his turn, dude. D8 I have a legit Japanese Keldeo and Meloetta already, but no Genesect yet. It would be awesome to have Genesect on the day B2W2 come stateside. I mean, think, Meloetta doesn't show up in the dub until much later on, yes? Distributing him now wouldn't mean anything; they have to wait for the right moment to release him.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

Quote Originally Posted by sboyhont View Post
    Hi guys, I have a question involving the Genesect event. I'm from the states and I'm heading to the UK in a few days. I'm staying there until mid-December so I'll miss the Genesect event, however, I have an American 3DS and I'm planning to ship an American version of Black 2 to myself in the UK. Will I still be able to download a Genesect from an American cartridge while in the UK? Thanks!
    Yes, as long as you have the same region game as the event you can get it via wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
    Okay, seriously Nintendo, what the hell? I want my Meloetta, dammit! And isn't the Genesect level 100 anyway (assuming it's the same as the Japanese event)? Why the hell would they distribute a level 100 Pokémon for a new game release? *forcepalm*
    I believe it was level 50.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
    Okay, seriously Nintendo, what the hell? I want my Meloetta, dammit! And isn't the Genesect level 100 anyway (assuming it's the same as the Japanese event)? Why the hell would they distribute a level 100 Pokémon for a new game release? *forcepalm*
    I believe it was level 50.
    It's still an overkill since you can obtain it before the first gym, and it won't disobey your commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    It's still an overkill since you can obtain it before the first gym, and it won't disobey your commands.
    He'll have a different ID, so he will disobey won't he? D: Event Pokemon usually have a set ID.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

......already? Coolio, but I want a Meloetta first, please. Besides, she comes BEFORE Genesect in the Dex

Sableye claimed on May 3, 2013

And now there's incentive to pick up the games within a set period of time (and really push early sales). Came out of left field but well played.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Blog Entries

It's a good marketing idea. Kids love legendaries and plowing through the game, and this will give 'em both.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

Cool. I won't use Genesect for my in game team, but this is nice!

Anyone else find it weird that the official site hasn't had any updates on this? It's been on here and Serebii for a while, and the ad itself links to the official Black/White 2 page, but it is still promoting the Keldeo distribution.
    That being said, I'm pretty pumped, but at the same time I'm pretty confused as well as to why they're skipping Meloetta. It'll be very strange having a hole in the Pokedex with no "official" pokemon even announced
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

Finally got my shiny Axew

Quote Originally Posted by master shake View Post
    Anyone else find it weird that the official site hasn't had any updates on this? It's been on here and Serebii for a while, and the ad itself links to the official Black/White 2 page, but it is still promoting the Keldeo distribution.
    That being said, I'm pretty pumped, but at the same time I'm pretty confused as well as to why they're skipping Meloetta. It'll be very strange having a hole in the Pokedex with no "official" pokemon even announced
    I noticed that too. I wouldn't have known myself if I didn't see the ad when browsing GameFaqs. Jumped to here for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy View Post
    Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
    You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.
    Did you really have say something like that? I mean geez, I thought we were all fellow Pokemon fans here. Teeboy was just saying what he thought was right. And, it's true. Meloetta does come before Genesect. I get why they would want to distribute Genesect on B2W2's launch day. But they need to at the very least, reveal Meloetta first. But if Genessect distribution begins before Meloetta's, it will be weird either way.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Meloetta can wait his turn, dude. D8 I have a legit Japanese Keldeo and Meloetta already, but no Genesect yet. It would be awesome to have Genesect on the day B2W2 come stateside. I mean, think, Meloetta doesn't show up in the dub until much later on, yes? Distributing him now wouldn't mean anything; they have to wait for the right moment to release him.
    That much later..........is next month.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty View Post
    Did you really have say something like that? I mean geez, I thought we were all fellow Pokemon fans here. Teeboy was just saying what he thought was right.
    And I said what I think is right, which is that a temporary Pokédex gap isn't a real problem. I merely noted that he was exaggerating when he said that Meloetta had to be unlocked before B2W2's release date.
    Last edited by Silktree; 9th September 2012 at 05:07 AM.

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm just happy not having to go to a store for it.
    Det ligger tomhylsor i parken
    Våra fötter är en meter över marken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th September 2012, 06:37 PM
  2. 7th September 2012, 11:24 PM
  3. 7th September 2012, 10:51 PM