Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available

Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect available via Wi-Fi ...

Genesect has been announced for the English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 games. Genesect will be available via Wi-Fi from Oct. 7, 2012 until Nov. 12, 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

First it took her role as the next movie star, then it took her place as the next event legendary to have an English event... Man, Genesect really has it out for Meloetta. Poor thing just can't catch a break.
    Ghetsis-Dennis and Eitarou like this.

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Genesect event announced for English Pokémon Black 2 and White 2: Genesect availa

Okay, seriously Nintendo, what the hell? I want my Meloetta, dammit! And isn't the Genesect level 100 anyway (assuming it's the same as the Japanese event)? Why the hell would they distribute a level 100 Pokémon for a new game release? *forcepalm*
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Wasn't it suppose to be Meloetta's turn to get an event since she comes before Dennis?

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I also find this strange because of skipping ahead. Will Meloetta then be the big movie promo?

Meloetta has to come first. I also expected Genesect to be distributed in the US by the end of this year. Now I'm thinking: there doing a launch event. Just like with Black and White, TPCi and Nintendo of America are giving fans even more reasons to buy Black 2 and White 2 on launch day. This is just like what they did with Victini. Having a launch event over Wi-Fi, then having it's movie distribution the following year. I know we'll see details on Meloetta for the US soon. It's in the first Best Wishes! Series 2 episode which is set to air in October. Meloetta is also in Pokedex 3D Pro, which releases November 8th 2012.
    Kouzan likes this.
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I was thinking exactly what Teeboy said. It's still kind of weird that they're distributing Genescet first since Meloetta appears in the M15 short. But it also makes since why they would wait until the Pokedex 3D Pro launch to distribute her.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Calm down, guys. So we haven't had Meloetta yet. Don't worry, that'll come later. I'm just annoyed that the Genesect event is Wi-Fi, but the Keldeo one was in-store. I mean, why can't the Keldeo event be Wi-Fi too? Having it be an in-store event makes it a hundred times harder to get.
    Silverwynde and sonic10158 like this.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Just to confirm, this will work worldwide for any B2W2 game in English? It isn't limited by region coding or anything? (i.e. Will this be happening for Australians?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot View Post
    Calm down, guys. So we haven't had Meloetta yet. Don't worry, that'll come later. I'm just annoyed that the Genesect event is Wi-Fi, but the Keldeo one was in-store. I mean, why can't the Keldeo event be Wi-Fi too? Having it be an in-store event makes it a hundred times harder to get.
    Sure, everyone's probably happy that Genesect is coming so early. But, it's very strange. Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
    #PokemonXY 3DS XLs launch September 27th! :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy View Post
    Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
    You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.
    Last edited by Silktree; 8th September 2012 at 09:55 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy View Post
    Meloetta comes before Genesect. Meloetta's event has got to begin sooner if not on B2W2's release day.
    You're exaggerating; the Pokédex order doesn't matter the slightest bit. They're just waiting for Meloetta to become relevant to the dub before they distribute it. Even in Japan Meloetta was distributed almost a month after B2W2's release; the difference is that Genesect's Wi-Fi distribution is going to start as soon as possible, which is a reasonable strategy.
    I was expecting someone to mention this the more I thought about this turn of event. Wasn't the first BW2 episode to include Meloetta suppose to be scheduled on November?

Also, expect a lot of in-game parody comics regarding the Genesect distribution.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I personally like that they are distributing Genesect at the game's release. I liked what they did with BW and Victini, buy the game, get an event Pokemon the same day it is out. It helps them sell more to advertise an event only Pokemon to download as soon as you have the game, this is a good thing, both for Nintendo and the fans. I hope they will continue to do things like this with the release of new games. Im just happy we're getting Genesect.

Hi guys, I have a question involving the Genesect event. I'm from the states and I'm heading to the UK in a few days. I'm staying there until mid-December so I'll miss the Genesect event, however, I have an American 3DS and I'm planning to ship an American version of Black 2 to myself in the UK. Will I still be able to download a Genesect from an American cartridge while in the UK? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

So, since Gamestop tried to convince me that their Keldeo download was a pre-order bonus, I wonder what they'll say about this...?
    On that note, I suppose there won't actually be a pre-order bonus for B/W2, since this basically follows the patten the first games did with Victini, and there wasn't one. I miss getting figurines... Stupid TCG.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 8th September 2012, 06:37 PM
  2. 7th September 2012, 11:24 PM
  3. 7th September 2012, 10:51 PM