GBA to DS Pokémon Transfer confirmed in CoroCoro: Players to "recapture" their Pokémon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBA to DS Pokémon Transfer confirmed in CoroCoro: Players to "recapture" their Pokémon

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default GBA to DS Pokémon Transfer confirmed in CoroCoro: Players to "recapture" their Pokémon

An article in CoroCoro Special's September edition has confirmed that transfers will be possible of Pokémon from the GBA line of games to the soon-to-be released Diamond and Pearl.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

This is utter bull. I sure hope they make the Pokémon easier to recapture, because I'm gonna be pissed if I have to recapture both of my Mewtwos and all my other Pokémon in friggin' Safari Balls.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is truly the most moronic thing Nintendo has ever done with a Pokemon game.

And only 6 a day? WTF.

I'm sure their is another way later.....

I'm actually glad for this change, because of so many people abusing EVs in their Pokemon. O.o; I don't mind having to recatch my Pokemon, as it seems like a neat challenge, and to hopefully have a more fair playing ground when it comes to competitive battling with others.

.....yeah. I'm gonna get thrown into a lake for this, aren't I? @@

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us." - Maddie Blaustein

Hohoho. Tis is INDEED a wonderful news.

Those EV-philes are finally getting what they deserve. Sweet. :D
    domains under heaven -- long united must divide, long divided must unite

This is utter bull. I sure hope they make the Pokémon easier to recapture, because I'm gonna be pissed if I have to recapture both of my Mewtwos and all my other Pokémon in friggin' Safari Balls.
    Wholehartedly agreed. I don't want to be forced to recapture my lv 75 Ludicolo using only Safari Balls.

At least they'll finally get use out of those catch rates for Pokemon that never appear in the wild. :p
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Well, for one I think that your pokemon will be the only catchible ones in that area, and two I think that they have to make it harder.. (imagine catching a level 100 Latios with a Safari ball o_o;; )

Also, Habunake could be right, maybe there's another way... I hope (I mean, this would be fun for some pokemon... not so much for others) On the bright side we may get to rename them!

PURPLE HERMIT! Chosen of Mana's Avatar Archives Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Chosen of Mana On Twitter

There are still alot of questions to be asked on this unusual thing.

Will the Pokémon, once transfered, dissapear from their 3rd Gen home?

Will they be at the levels they were transferred as? (If they are, I might as well throw in newly hatched Baby forms of my BF teams so they can be retooled for the Physical/Special split)

Who's a bad enough dude to catch a Mewtwo without any sleeping or damage or Master Balls?
    Last edited by Chosen of Mana; 1st September 2006 at 01:51 PM. Reason: LOL Grammar

Big claimin'
    Cresselia (Pokémon)
    Colette Brunel [Tales of Symphonia] and Yuri Lowell [Tales of Vesperia] (Video game characters)

Game Developer

Quote Originally Posted by patapikachu View Post
    Hohoho. Tis is INDEED a wonderful news.

Those EV-philes are finally getting what they deserve. Sweet. :D
    I kinda take offense to this. What exactly do we "deserve" for raising our Pokémon to be the best they can be?

Blog Entries

I'm sure they won't be that hard to recapture. I also think they'll at least let you try again if you screw up the first time.

But hey, this'll keep battles fair and keep the GameShark and AR freaks from PK'ing on the WiFi.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I've yet to confirm these personally, but here's what I've heard. Consider these as rumour until we take a closer look at the scan, or get further info.

• Pokémon transferred will also remain on the GBA games
    • They will be at the same level, with the same moves, as when you transferred them
    • It should be possible to transfer the same Pokémon more than once, just not on the same day
    • You can have as many tries at recatching a Pokémon as you need
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Quote Originally Posted by Kijuna
    I kinda take offense to this. What exactly do we "deserve" for raising our Pokémon to be the best they can be?
    Well, no offense or anything, but I consider using an in-game mechanism to tweak a Pokemon's stat to their liking cheating. Plus, to me, it completely takes all the fun out of raising Pokemon.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us." - Maddie Blaustein

Quote Originally Posted by Sui Kune View Post
    Well, no offense or anything, but I consider using an in-game mechanism to tweak a Pokemon's stat to their liking cheating. Plus, to me, it completely takes all the fun out of raising Pokemon.
    Think of it this way. When an athlete trains with a speedy friend, opponnet, coach, etc. He will over time get used to the speed and become faster himself. That's not cheating, but it actually is training. People who would rather spend time battling certain creatures instead of facing off against the random ones that pop up are making it harder on themselves, but in turn are getting a much better final result.

Personally I don't EV train, because it's too much of a hassle, I wouldn't mind trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Fire
    Think of it this way. When an athlete trains with a speedy friend, opponnet, coach, etc. He will over time get used to the speed and become faster himself. That's not cheating, but it actually is training. People who would rather spend time battling certain creatures instead of facing off against the random ones that pop up are making it harder on themselves, but in turn are getting a much better final result.

Personally I don't EV train, because it's too much of a hassle, I wouldn't mind trying though.
    Hmm....that's actually an interesting way of looking at it.

I actually don't have nearly as much of a problem with that as I do with people abusing uber-Legendaries (even in official tournaments!), and people abusing the move "Substitute", especially with Blisseys. I personally find that just plain cheap, especially for people like me who don't use Legendaries but instead regular Pokemon we like. Using ubers takes all the fun and challenge out of battling. So hopefully, while I do want to transfer my Legendaries to Diamond so I can get the 'dex data, I hope that this new way of transferring helps to really thin the herd of uber-Legendary abusers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast