Gamestop Keldeo event announced: Distribution begins August 27 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Gamestop Keldeo event announced: Distribution begins August 27

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gamestop Keldeo event announced: Distribution begins August 27

Quote Originally Posted by Virizion's Lover View Post
    I never received a event poke from a store before but this may be my first, just one question how do obtain one from a Gamestop?
    You go to your local store and when you enter, you power up your DS, go to Mystery Gift, and select "via wireless". Sometimes they leave the transmittal thing on all day, so it'll be there, otherwise, you may need to ask shop staff to turn it on. You can download one per compatible game, so let's say there was a Gen IV event, I could get one for Diamond, Platinum, and SoulSilver :) it's pretty sick.

Anyway, I hope this particular event reaches Canada ;________; i was in an EB Games yesterday and i didn't see any such signs...

I don't understand why they're ending the distribution right before BW2 comes out.

Keldeo is supposed to go to them, not BW1. That's why it's at such a low level, the event was relocated to outside the second town, and the distribution in Japan began the day BW2 came out.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Will there be a second Keldeo distribution for BW2 in honor of the movie, like how they did two Victini promotions? There's a cutscene in both the original and sequel games with Secret Sword.

The shiny beasts and Celebi were never preorder bonuses, just walk-in events. I still haven't heard if any store is doing a preorder bonus, which is why I haven't preordered Black 2 yet. (Best Buy gives you a $5 gift card when you pick up a preordered game, that's all I know)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I never received a event poke from a store before but this may be my first, just one question how do obtain one from a Gamestop?
    Is your Gamestop in a shopping mall? If not, and if you get close enough, you could do it in the parking lot. That's what I do, I park in front (or as close I can to) of the store, and turn on my DS and do what Zesty Cactus is describing in the comfort of my car

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

The article on BulbaNews says that it's only for select GameStop stores in the US...anyone know where? It's been previously mentioned that it's not on the GameStop website yet, so anyone have any ideas?

Blog Entries

Awesome! Glad they're distributing it now for BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    The Mayan Prophecy. Keldeo's early distribution in the U.S. has made me suspcious about the Americans still believing in the end of the world, and they're trying to get things done before December 21, 2012.
    Crap.... I hope I have more than 2 months to play BW2. Stupid Mayan calendar...

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Is your Gamestop in a shopping mall? If not, and if you get close enough, you could do it in the parking lot. That's what I do, I park in front (or as close I can to) of the store, and turn on my DS and do what Zesty Cactus is describing in the comfort of my car
    That's what I do too. When Gamestop has a distribution, I convince my grandma to get pizza when we're in town (there's a Little Caesar's near my local Gamestop). While we're there, I get my DS out, and I have a new Pokemon and pizza!

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post

That's what I do too. When Gamestop has a distribution, I convince my grandma to get pizza when we're in town (there's a Little Caesar's near my local Gamestop). While we're there, I get my DS out, and I have a new Pokemon and pizza!
    That is honestly the greatest idea ever. I am going to do this.
    jokool and sonic10158 like this.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

YAY, I'll FINALLY GET MY FAVORITE POKEMON! :D

I can't wait. ^^

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
    The article on BulbaNews says that it's only for select GameStop stores in the US...anyone know where? It's been previously mentioned that it's not on the GameStop website yet, so anyone have any ideas?
    According to GameStop, it's the stores that still have it set up to give out events. You could call your local stores or email GameStop.

I don't think there's that many left with it, but I may be wrong.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

...There goes my idea of going to the new Gamestop that's opening up very near here. -_-

I'll have to see if any of the others in town are still set up to give out events.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I hope that they will distribute this Keldeo in the UK after Black 2 and White 2 release like the original Japanese distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Think they will have to do it over Wi-fi in UK.

Originally they did them in Woolworths, Darkrai etc, then Woolworths closed, then they started doing them in Game, but only very few stores, none near me, but now all the Game stores are being sold off as they are in Administration. The only other company is HMV and they equally are dangerously close to bankruptcy.
    Recently there have been Kid Icarus Uprising Battle Squad events in HMV and GAME in the UK even after many GAME and Gamestation stores closed down so I think this event could still happen in GAME or HMV. I would also prefer the Keldeo to be distributed in one of those 2 types of chain stores because apart from the Pokémon Video Game World Chapionship Qualifiers in Birmingham the last on location event in the UK was the Movie 13 Celebi and it is a good way of StreetPassing other 3DS users.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

I too find it very strange they're running the event until the day before B2W2 launches. Chances are the new games would be compatible so I'll definitely be trying to find copies early or asking GameStop staff to let me give it a try on the 7th (since they wouldn't be sending the cartridge back until Monday at the earliest).

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    I hope that they will distribute this Keldeo in the UK after Black 2 and White 2 release like the original Japanese distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    Think they will have to do it over Wi-fi in UK.

Originally they did them in Woolworths, Darkrai etc, then Woolworths closed, then they started doing them in Game, but only very few stores, none near me, but now all the Game stores are being sold off as they are in Administration. The only other company is HMV and they equally are dangerously close to bankruptcy.
    Recently there have been Kid Icarus Uprising Battle Squad events in HMV and GAME in the UK even after many GAME and Gamestation stores closed down so I think this event could still happen in GAME or HMV. I would also prefer the Keldeo to be distributed in one of those 2 types of chain stores because apart from the Pokémon Video Game World Chapionship Qualifiers in Birmingham the last on location event in the UK was the Movie 13 Celebi and it is a good way of StreetPassing other 3DS users.
    But wifi reaches more people. People in rural areas have just as much right to events as people in big towns and cities. Pretty much everyone has wifi, most don't live close enough to warrant going to these live events. I remember for Shaymin if I wanted 1 I had to travel over 100 miles, because even the big city nearest me, didn't have an event.

(I didn't actually travel the 100 miles, but 100 miles was the closest one, I didn't go in the end)

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

mmm... seems I'll have to wait for the WI-Fi distribution then.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

I love how Gamestop pretends that this Mystery Gift download is actually a pre-order bonus, just like they claimed with Victini... It's not like you actually have to pre-order the game, like they're implying; anybody can just walk into - or even by - their store & download it. Just another example of how pretentious they are. Then again, maybe it's just MY Gamestop, since I've never met a group of employees so ignorant about the products they sell at any other Gamestops.
    Last time I got my games from Target, and got a collection of high-res prints of artwork from the games on postcard-sized pieces of card stock, which was an ACTUAL pre-order bonus of sorts, but I'd rather have figurines like in the Gen 4 days. Now those are all pretty much exclusive to the TCG.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast