Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Official Nintendo Magazine UK has revealed even more names for various fifth generation Pokémon including Onondo, Mebukijika and Haderia.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

Why don't you guys just publish the entire list and confirm it as real?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

come on now, they are all real.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Because "They might be nicknames"? Or they might C&D letters (which no other site that has published them has got)? Or "They're could a typo?" Yeah, Emolga wasn't a typo.

I dunno *shrugs* but the list is obviously legitimate.

Blog Entries

lmao Yamask is a funny name.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ROUND!?! SERIOUSLY!?! At least Canon had something to do with music (even the battle animation depicts musical notes), but Round? No, just no... Everything else I don't mind.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^^ It's official name wasn't Canon, it was Sing-A-Round
    Even if there's a Typo, its problematic for them to correct it in every page that links to the articles, even passing mentions have to be corrected, it takes hard work people, they're right in doing this

Vengeance >>>>>>>>> Retaliate.
    Heart Gold: 1591 7178 0890

Platinum: 4425 9372 9682

White: 1205 8546 7793

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

IYO
    i Prefer Retaliate

Blog Entries

Okay, most of the names I'm okay with, but a few of them could have left the older names. The Pokemon's names I'm not arguing with, but certain moves could've been left alone.

Boiling Water --> Scald: I see the connection, but Boiling Water was easy to understand and very straight-forward.
    Retaliation --> Retaliate: What was the purpose of that??? It's the same word, only shortened. Was that all for space issues?
    Canon --> Round: This one threw me for a loop. I know the actual name is Sing-a-Round, but I can't quite see the connection. As least Canon sounded cool.

The rest I won't argue about, although Yamask makes me chuckle and think of Yami (both the card and character).

Oh, and please stop complaining about the leaked names being proven as true. We don't know for certain that they are true, and its tedious (and risky) to totally confirm them, so give the mods a break and allow them to do their job. Let's not forget the Bianca as Champion scenario, were most of us (myself very much included) jumped the gun on that one, only to be proven as false. So, please, take it easy.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Oh, and please stop complaining about the leaked names being proven as true. We don't know for certain that they are true, and its tedious (and risky) to totally confirm them, so give the mods a break and allow them to do their job. Let's not forget the Bianca as Champion scenario, were most of us (myself very much included) jumped the gun on that one, only to be proven as false. So, please, take it easy.
    THIS
    Give Them A Break
    Even If It Has A Typo, Or A Wrong Name, They'll Have To Go Through a Tedious and Stressing Process Of Changing It Again. It Takes Hard Work.

Blog Entries

Remembering the Bel champion thing takes me back. But yeah, we all /know/ the names are real, and for Arceus' sake, the game comes out in a month. By then there'll be no way to disprove the names since we'll all have the games in hand. The 'pedia is just playing it safe for now. Too safe sometimes...(Remember the preview box? Yeah, that's a little too safe) But better safe then sorry, right?
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Scald. Huh, I kinda like that. Dunno why... Round is kinda 'meh' but I guess it'll grow on me.

...now if only we could get confirmation that Golett and Golurk are the English names of Gobitto and Goruugu I'd be really happy...
    (Yeah, I'm all but sure those are the actual names, but I don't want to jump the gun here and I can't blame anyone for feeling the same way.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Post Re: Further fifth generation localizations revealed: Mebukijika, others localized

++++

Hey, Pokebeach.com has all the list of the 5th Gen. Pokemon..The confirmed and soon to be confirmed names are enlisted in the for your reference..

++++

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rkybz87 View Post
    ++++

Hey, Pokebeach.com has all the list of the 5th Gen. Pokemon..The confirmed and soon to be confirmed names are enlisted in the for your reference..

++++
    Thank you Captain Obvious for your contribution.

Guys, the staff of the wiki has made it clear that, while yes it's probably pretty likely that the list is real, they are waiting for OFFICIAL confirmation so the wiki is as accurate and legal as possible. One error could cause thousands across the board.

So just give them a break guys. The names will all be up in 29 days anyways.

So, let's see...

Scald, I like it.

Retaliate, I like it.

Round... now that took me a bit to figure out, but I got it. It's not like the shape, but like the thing. Like when you tell a bartender for another round, or you tell the choir to sing another round. So yeah, it's not bad. A bit awkward, but acceptable.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)