Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

Thread: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD just ...

Shortly before Christmas, an American DVD release of the fourteenth movie pair "Black—Victini and Reshiram" and "White—Victini and Zekrom" was announced. Now, listings have appeared on UK retailer Play.com, giving the UK a DVD release date of April 9—only 6 days after the United States.

Read more on Bulbanews

Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

sadly we in south africa is NEVER going to get the DVD's... *cries*
    friendcodes

pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

My favorite movie is Jirachi Wishmaker! ^^

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.
    It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once
    Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.

追放されたバカ

Wow. I am so excited for this. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.
    Unless they wanted to hold back the US release, which I highly doubt they would want to do.

The problem is, to release something in the UK, they need PAL masters to be made (or already available), then they need the BBFC to certify the material, then they need to print that certification on all the discs and cover art.