Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

  1. #1
    Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,498
    Blog Entries
    47

    Default Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD

    Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on DVD just ...

    Shortly before Christmas, an American DVD release of the fourteenth movie pair "Black—Victini and Reshiram" and "White—Victini and Zekrom" was announced. Now, listings have appeared on UK retailer Play.com, giving the UK a DVD release date of April 9—only 6 days after the United States.

    Read more on Bulbanews

  2. #2
    Custom User Title Jorah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.

  3. #3
    Aura is with me kieshara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    South africa
    Posts
    387
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    sadly we in south africa is NEVER going to get the DVD's... *cries*
    friendcodes

    pearl - 4985 8236 7132
    HG - 2537 1343 0633

  4. #4
    Registered User Johny_lovin_it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    My favorite movie is Jirachi Wishmaker! ^^

  5. #5
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.
    It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once

  6. #6
    消え人
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,109
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.
    It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once
    Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.

  7. #7
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    Wow. I am so excited for this. Can't wait for it to arrive.

  8. #8
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Fourteenth Pokémon movies coming to UK DVD April 9: Both films to be released on

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I don't really understand why it has to be released a few days after the US, I always wonder why there's a few days delay (not that I really care). Amazon is cheaper than Play, and seeing as I haven't watched either movie yet, I'll probably pre-order.
    It may be that they dont want to run out of DVDs due to too many places getting them at once
    Due to the different regions, censorship and video formats, they couldn't release the same DVD in the UK and the US even if they wanted to.
    Unless they wanted to hold back the US release, which I highly doubt they would want to do.

    The problem is, to release something in the UK, they need PAL masters to be made (or already available), then they need the BBFC to certify the material, then they need to print that certification on all the discs and cover art.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •