Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolution

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolution

Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolutions of Vivillon

CoroCoro Comics has leaked, and revealed four new Pokémon and three NPCs that will debut in Pokémon X and Y.

Read more on Bulbanews

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolu

Fire Shinx! Shishiko's really cute and so are Vivilon's pre-evos.
    Furabebe is a little odd, and I don't really like it's art much. I might have to get used to it. As long as the flower is just part of the art and not the Pokemon it'self I'm fine with that.
    Viola's the one with the camera right? She looks cute, and there's finally a Gym Leader who's a photographer! I'm interested in photography so she is interesting. I wonder what type Viola will have? Maybe she's our Fairy type Gym Leader?

Sana's really cute too. Though her shorts seem kind of short for someone's looks like she's like 10? I don't know but she's adorable!

Serena and Callum is not what I expected the protagonist to be named. Serena's Latin and Callum is Gaelic so it seems odd if that's really their English names. Selena Gomez is French for "Moon goddess." apparently and works for some reason. I still want their English names to be Xavier and Yvonne and those are two names used in the the PSS battle thing during the Developer's Roundtable last night. Those names seem more fitting. We'll just wait and see though. Hopefully Pansy has a better name in English. That just sounds like she's really weak like in a "pansy".

Edit: "A Rhydon lives in the player's front garden." O____O WHAT WHO WOULD HAVE A RHYDON IN THEIR FRONT YARD???

Default Re: Four new Pokémon revealed in July CoroCoro: Several new NPCs shown, two pre-evolu

So much reveals that I think my brain is overloading.
    G50, Kouzan, UnovaCastaway and 3 others like this.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is definitely the largest amount of Pokemon X/Y news in a short span of time. I'm not complaining, since earlier months didn't really reveal much of anything. Now, too wait for the next bit of info...
    Kouzan and Silverwynde like this.

Blog Entries

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Sana is the character that was 'following' the player in one of the trailers?

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Sana is the character that was 'following' the player in one of the trailers?
    You are correct. It looks like she's a rival/friend maybe.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Oh. Shishiko and Sana are absolutely adorable! I want that lion cub! It looks like it could be Fire type too. :D This would make three I'm gonna be having on my team... Hoo boy. Fennekin, Talonflame, now this little guy. But I don't care, I love Fire types! It seems as if gen 6 is making up for gen 4 and 5's lack of great Fire types! Chimchar's line was the only one I loved a lot. Chandelure is pretty alright though.

But ANYWAY, where does it say any of these NPCs are gym leaders, btw?

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Viola and Pansy look really cool. I love that they're into journalism/ photography. And we finally have a female Bug leader!

Those three others (I hope they're the rivals) are interesting. I like the big guy's Vanillite shirt. Look at that screenshot of everyone sitting around a table together!

I hope everyone's personality is fleshed out and developed. And the fire lion looks cute!

Blog Entries

Anyone else get the sense that Shishiko might evolve into a Fire/Fighting type?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

Callum - they can't be serious. How many Americans are named that? Considering Pokémon's English headquarters are in the US, not the UK, I find that surprising. Plus I can't pronounce that ugly name. At least give us a name that all English-speakers can pronounce.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    That would shoot down the speculation that lead people to believe that the character in that image was a highly customized female character.

I want more trainer customizations to be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
    Callum - they can't be serious. How many Americans are named that? Considering Pokémon's English headquarters are in the US, not the UK, I find that surprising. Plus I can't pronounce that ugly name. At least give us a name that all English-speakers can pronounce.
    Because we all know this region is based in America >_>

Surely you can pronounce the words "call" and "um" so you'd think you'd figure something out.

Or you know, can use Google and have it pronounce the name for you.

So the name means "dove" apparently. I guess they're going for "peace" as the theme for these names.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 12th June 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

That butterfly pokemon...I honestly don't know if I like it or dislike it. It's really really really curious looking.
    Furabebe looks like a pokemon-kirby thingy. It's ok, I guess.
    Shishiko's cute, but the art style threw me off. I like shinx, so I think I'll get used to shishiko soon.

Wow. For the art style, so far I don't really like it because it's so different. I (hope) I get used to it, like how I'm still getting used to gen5 art.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

I guess I can accept that. Maybe I should check my own biases. I've had bad experiences with a number of British people on other websites (though the British people I knew in real life were mostly decent people), so maybe I was getting a little defensive when I heard a name that's popular in the UK (and Australia) but not the US.

In an unrelated note, I do think Vivillon is adorable! It's the cutest butterfly Pokémon yet! (I still like Butterfree and Beautifly, but this one is cute!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I like the big guy's Vanillite shirt.
    Yeah, that shirt is beyond epic. Wouldn't mind having one of those. XD

Digging the little lion cub and the regional bug. Not sure if I'll use the Bug, but I really want that lion on my team.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Furabebe's my favorite of this latest batch: we've had Pokémon accompanied by objects before (Farfetch'd, Cubone, Alakazam, Timburr) but it's interesting to see a Pokémon completely dwarfed by their signature object.

The prevos for Vivillon remind me a little of Burmy. Shishiko's cute, though not Shinx-level cute.

On the whole I've liked all of Gen VI's Pokémon so far: I can't remember having such a universally positive feeling about a generation's designs in a long time. The only one I'm not sold on is Noivern - I think it looks awkward - but a lot of other people really love its design so I'm willing to put that one down to personal taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast