First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be rel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be rel

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be rel

First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be released in future

Pokémon.com has just released their first official analysis of an Autumn Regional Champion's team. They plan to continue analyzing Autumn Regional Champion's in future articles.

Read more on Bulbanews

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be

Rain team? No surprise there.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: First analysis of Autumn Regional Champion released: More official analyses to be

I'd like to see someone win without weather. That's what I'm currently attempting to do in April.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

He's not a champion! He just used the same strategy as half the people on random matchup!
    Last edited by Oswin; 24th November 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Space Opera likes this.

Blog Entries

It's nice to see an official article focusing on the some of the more competitive aspects of Pokemon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I saw Thundurus.
    I immediately lost interest and closed the tab.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    I saw Thundurus.
    Thundurus is nowhere near broken in VGC 2012. If anything, it is less useful than Zapdos is on teams that do not need to take advantage of Prankster or Thundurus's higher speed stat.

Blog Entries

Zheng is a big name in the Pokemon community. I believe Brendan Zheng is the little brother of Aaron Zheng, aka Cybertron on Smogon. Both won Juniors and Seniors VGC at DC last year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains View Post
    I saw Thundurus.
    I just rofl'd so hard inside, especially since i almost did the same thing upon seeing swift swim on, like, 1/3-1/2 his team

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

I lost to a girl with allowed legendarys earlier this year in NJ, and I stayed true with my Swanna and Hydreigon :) I plan to get actually past the second round next year.....without weather and that crap

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

I had to make an account just to post on this, lol.

Yes, that's my brother's team that Pokemon decided to write about. There were tons of teams that won throughout the 7 Regionals that took place that didn't include Rain / weather. Why do you think Pokemon chose my brother's team out of everyone? It's because it's simple, and even a beginner can understand the concept of the team and how it works. Rain is a very basic strategy, and obviously you guys have seen it before. For a new player, it is easy to understand and use. Had they put a team like Goodstuffs, a Junior (which I can assume this article really was written for) wouldn't understand the concept as quickly as a Rain team.

I dunno if it's me but there seems to be a very negative vibe about my brother's victory with a Rain team. I'll be honest, he probably could have won Regionals with any other team considering he 4-0'd every single one of his opponent. I still think it's a great honor for Pokemon to publish an article about our team, whether you all like it or not.

And PkmnGreen, for what it's worth, Brendan won Regionals last year, finished 2nd at Nationals, went undefeated at Worlds Swiss and beat the eventual World Champion, losing 2-1 in the Semi-Finals. Not to mention he won both the TCG and VGC portion of Regionals in 1 weekend. I think at least those accomplishments qualify him as a champion... quit hating.

And Hyper Dragon, I'll gladly get Brendan to take you on that challenge. ;)
    Last edited by Cybertron; 26th November 2011 at 12:36 AM.
    g3rgni likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertron View Post
    I had to make an account just to post on this, lol.

Yes, that's my brother's team that Pokemon decided to write about. There were tons of teams that won throughout the 7 Regionals that took place that didn't include Rain / weather. Why do you think Pokemon chose my brother's team out of everyone? It's because it's simple, and even a beginner can understand the concept of the team and how it works. Rain is a very basic strategy, and obviously you guys have seen it before. For a new player, it is easy to understand and use. Had they put a team like Goodstuffs, a Junior (which I can assume this article really was written for) wouldn't understand the concept as quickly as a Rain team.

I dunno if it's me but there seems to be a very negative vibe about my brother's victory with a Rain team. I'll be honest, he probably could have won Regionals with any other team considering he 4-0'd every single one of his opponent. I still think it's a great honor for Pokemon to publish an article about our team, whether you all like it or not.

And PkmnGreen, for what it's worth, Brendan won Regionals last year, finished 2nd at Nationals, went undefeated at Worlds Swiss and beat the eventual World Champion, losing 2-1 in the Semi-Finals. Not to mention he won both the TCG and VGC portion of Regionals in 1 weekend. I think at least those accomplishments qualify him as a champion... quit hating.

And Hyper Dragon, I'll gladly get Brendan to take you on that challenge. ;)
    Yeah Babbytron's a baws

Blog Entries

well, obviously he's nothing to sneeze at, since he KO'd all his opponents 4-0 (did the article say that? dang, i've got short-term memory...), and the obvious fact that he won. Anyways, you have very valid points, Cybertron. The article was written well, and the subject matter was easily understood. My comment did come off a tad disparaging (possible understatement of the year), and I sincerely apologize if it hurt your feelings, or your brother's. Personally, i'm new to competitive play, so i guess that's where my comment came from. I personally run a sandstorm team at the moment, so i went through the frustration of, being new to the meta, finding out that my rapid spinner and main sweeper, and Excadrill, was banned to Ubers.

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Congrats to the guy who won. Didn't really follow the tournament so much, but it's cool to see some competitive analyses separate from Smogon. Though it's pretty damn easy to win with a Rain team that's not completely stupid (or any weather team, for that matter), 4-0ing every single one of your opponents in a tournament is still quite impressive.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

It's actually pretty dang hard to win with such a standard Rain team in Seniors/Masters because everyone has a counter to it, and I mean everyone. You can't go into a VGC 2012 tournament without a rain counter because there WILL be rain teams. (Checks for rain include Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Gastrodon, Amoonguss, Toxicroak) Most Seniors and Masters incorporate Rain into their strategy but don't focus all six Pokemon on their team with it. For example, Politoed isn't even used in most teams because it becomes dead weight after it sets up Rain, but it did work for Brendan.

Also, thanks Rockman. No hard feelings or anything, I just felt like it was necessary for people to see my thoughts on this.
    VGC 2012 Battles (and TCG matches soon!)
    2011 East Regional VGC Seniors Champion
    2011 US Nationals VGC Seniors Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)