Final box office earnings for ninth Pokémon movie announced: Second-lowest ever in Po

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final box office earnings for ninth Pokémon movie announced: Second-lowest ever in Po

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Final box office earnings for ninth Pokémon movie announced: Second-lowest ever in Po

The final box office earnings for the ninth Pokémon movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy (ポケモンレンジャーと蒼海の王子 マナフィ, U.S. title Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea), have been revealed to be ¥3.4 billion (U.S.$28.74 million), which are the second lowest earnings in history of Pokémon, falling just behind the fourth movie at ¥3.9 billion but ahead of the fifth movie at ¥2.67 billion. However, the ninth movie is the fifth-highest earning Toho movie of the year, facing stiff competition from Gorō Miyazaki's Tales from Earthsea (ゲド戦記), among others.

Read more on Bulbanews

That sux....Hope it doesnt ruin the movie's reputation...

Blog Entries

I have this weird feeling it's gonna suck and be overrated, just like Jirachi and Lucario, which (Lucario) was okay, just not near as good as people made it out to be.

Or it has chance of being great and underrated. It's gonna be one of the two, just watch!

I think the lower ratings was it was up against some tough competition, irc.

Their was a Ghibli film and Pirates.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was also the last AG movie. The 4th and 5th movies didn't do well either because they were the last Pocket Monster movies.

Zhen Lin made a good post about this a while ago, someone can go dig it up.

Blog Entries

Jirachi is overrated? Most people rank it somewhere in the middle.

Lucario is probably overrated, but it's still the best of the lot imo.

Of course, we all know what Scott's going to think about it. EDIT: Speak of the devil. I don't see what being the last has to do with it, though. Start digging for that post, people, I'm interested on what that has to do with anything.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Apparently the Japanese were bored with May and Max, so they didn't like it. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Tyler View Post
    Apparently the Japanese were bored with May and Max, so they didn't like it. XD
    That's not true at all, judging by posts on Pokeani and other Japanese fansites on Pokemon-Search, May was one of the most popular characters in the show during Battle Frontier.

The AG brand-name wore off however, same reason the 4th and 5th movies did lackluster compared to the first three.

Does seem strange though, since the movie featured a brand new D/P Pokemon such as Manaphy. You'd think all the little kiddies would be excited to see another D/P legend in a big movie.

Blog Entries

Or it's because of the aforementioned tough competition, which actually makes sense. :D
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85
    It was also the last AG movie. The 4th and 5th movies didn't do well either because they were the last Pocket Monster movies.

The AG brand-name wore off however, same reason the 4th and 5th movies did lackluster compared to the first three.
    They're the same freakin' show! I thought the Japanese were smart people.

"Oh, it has two extra words, it must be a different show!"

"Yeah, lets go see its movies, because I'm bored of those old out-of-style Pocket Monsters movies! Now this new series, Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation is on! Lets see how cool it is!"

They see the movie.

"Wow. It is way cooler than Pocket Monsters!"

"Yeah, I like the characters better. Satoshi and Takeshi are exceptionally awesome over the old characters!"

I will, however, admit that the storyline went downhill a little in AG, but it's coming back in DP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XD375 View Post
    They're the same freakin' show! I thought the Japanese were smart people.
    Since the title changes and the episode restarts at 1, the Japanese consider it a new show. AG started over at AG1 and now D/P starts over at D/P1.

I will, however, admit that the storyline went downhill a little in AG, but it's coming back in DP.
    AG was very well received, so there's nothing to "admit." Hoenn and Battle Frontier are considered two of the best sagas in the show's history. Hoenn used to be called the anti-Johto when it first came out, and Battle Frontier is loved by pretty much everyone.

D/P isn't realistically written any better than AG was, its just had no real fillers yet so far. They've managed to put at least something of relative importance in every episode, which is why D/P has been a joy to watch.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 21st December 2006 at 06:22 PM.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Battle Fronteir was the best Saga in the series in my book, best jokes, best plot, best battles, most interesting. It put a lot on the table for Diamond and Pearl, but I thought the opening eppisodes were spectacular... (but now its calmed down to normal level)

I really want to see this movie, but preview wise it sounds a lot like Movie 4 with Celebi... or Movie 6 with Jirachi... is there some type of weird pattern for the symilarites or am I just thinking too much into this...

DP has been good in my opinion, with some surprises....(Mukkuru evolving so soon for example)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scott85 View Post
    D/P isn't realistically written any better than AG was, its just had no real fillers yet so far. They've managed to put at least something of relative importance in every episode, which is why D/P has been a joy to watch.
    The storylines remind me more of the original series, with some AG in their, like the contests and the way Ash's Pokémon evolve. The original is still my fav, though.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

I'm upset to learn that my second favorite movie (Latios and Latias) made the least amount of money :(
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast