Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur BulbaBot's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, mor

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted, more ...

Copyright infringement notices have been received by webmasters of several popular Pokémon fansites, in regards to content relating to Pokémon Black and White versions.

Read more on Bulbanews

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Default Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Long story short.

Don't panic. Bulba hasn't received any notices as of yet. Remain calm. More news will be forthcoming if anything happens.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fansites served with copyright infringement notices: PokéBeach, Serebii targeted,

Letter looks pretty bogus to me. Especially the candid language, cease and desists are generally a bit more blunt.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Blog Entries

Your activity also and has the potential to cause substantial damage to Nintendo, and leaves Nintendo with no choice but to take steps to protect its intellectual property rights.
    AKA vocal minorities, you know, because they so made DP's sales worse right? Oh wait.

Here's something System Error posted on my blog with regards to this news:

Quote Originally Posted by System Error;bt92494
    Found something. With the games having been released, Nintendo pretty much has no legal grounds to ask for their removal, except maybe with the sprites.
    The purpose and character of the use: Reproduction for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship or research is not copyright infringement. This probably covers most blogs and personal websites, but there are other factors to consider
    I don't see what grounds they have on this claim. That and the fact that Nintendo must be aware of Wikia sites which are for-profit, and one would think they would go after them. Pretty ironic if Bulbapedia goes down and the for-profit Wikia reigns supreme due to Nintendo blunders.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 18th September 2010 at 07:45 PM.

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

This sounds like a sick joke.

Maybe I'll show my mom, as she's a paralegal.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

I think it's bullshit.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Blog Entries

Even though Nintendo had a right to do this, they probably shouldn't have.
    I mean, it's making everyone want to buy the game.

I wake up at 9AM and go to pokebeach, this is what I see!

Blog Entries

Serebii isn't under jurisdiction of NoA, he lives in Britain. :/

Obvious bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CypherFDP View Post
    Serebii isn't under jurisdiction of NoA, he lives in Britain. :/

Obvious bullshit.
    His servers are in the US, so his site most certainly is. The notice he received, which I've seen, make several additional statements beyond the one which WPM got (which was printed in the article), bringing up UK specific info.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

This doesn't make any sense to me honestly.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Well, if Nintendo wants the stuff down, you gotta do it.

Blog Entries

No use fighting Nintendo.

Raises the question as to why they want images removed of a game that's already released, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

I thought these messages of copyright infringement were already confirmed to be faked by 2ch trolls.

Also I thought since the games were released it would be ok to show of information relating to the games.

What gets me is why NOW? I mean, why not during HG/SS's release? Why not during D/P/Pt's release?

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Thanks a lot for doing this Archiac, I knew you were smart enough to come through for us.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 4th December 2011, 09:20 PM
  2. 2nd July 2011, 11:37 PM
  3. 31st May 2011, 02:55 PM