Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

The Dream World looks dull enough to be fanart. Some shading would look better and more professional. Then again, I'm a sucker for Sugimori's art. Forgive if I spelled his name wrong.

Edit: Had to take a second look. I do see some shading, and slight different colors. I really wish the lines weren't that thick, it really takes the joy out of the artwork for me. The different poses do take up for it though. Still, I prefer Sugimori's work.
    Last edited by GoldeenTail; 22nd October 2010 at 08:39 PM.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Is Reshiram even capable of lowering its arms?
    you could say the same for Ho-Oh, damn bird's had his wings "up" for ten years D:

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Hm, didn't even notice this thread before, I'll do my best to reply to some stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    What do you mean it's not dream world art? There has only been one person who has been uploading all the DW art, and that person is bluesun. Maybe they made a mistake but I highly doubt it.
    Eh, I never said it was exclusive to the Dream World, infact the first one I uploaded to bulbapedia I labeled as a Picture of Typhlosion from the Pokemon Global Link website.. Some people on serebii have noticed it matches some Pokemon Center art too.
    The original source files for the pictures I've been uploading however are from the Dream World site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Wonder if the new simplified art is vector and scalable. That might be the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by RudolphMilotic View Post
    Meh, the Dream World images are too cartoony for my tastes; instead of plain bitmap images they could have included them in the SWFs of the Global Link site as vector art so at the very least they could prove useful to animate something in Flash. I think I'll stick to the much superior Sugimori designs.
    It is vector art... infact the vector .swfs are much smaller than the .pngs. I've only been using and uploading .png because almost nothing I have can handle vector .swf; and Bulbapedia can't either. They were just all converted to .png via swftools and imagemagick.
    However, every other piece of artwork but the Pokemon seems to be bitmap though, and usually natively .png.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    I really hope we get Kirikizan art soon.
    I plan to upload the rest of the Isshu art whenever it gets put up on the Dream World site... whenever that is. Drop me a PM if it goes up and I forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by BulbaBot View Post
    Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork
    Also, it's not just Kanto and Isshu, it's just it takes time to upload 677 images.
    Last edited by bluesun; 22nd October 2010 at 11:02 PM.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by GoldeenTail View Post
    The Dream World looks dull enough to be fanart.
    Yeah. I think it's kept simple so it can be easily scalable vector art for things like Flash.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Is it totally unrealistic to say that Bulbapedia should start using the Dream World art on it's Pokemon pages!?

They're all recent artwork, they all match each other in style, they're all from the same source... and they look cool.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Bulbapedia is using Dream World art where there is no Sugimori art available; when all the Sugimori art is up we'll no doubt work out a way to show the Dream World art.

@bluesun: that's the old tagline; I thought you'd put all the art up when I wrote the article and changed the tagline when I realised my mistake.

Blog Entries

I still prefer the Sugimori-styled art, but I can totally live with this as well. It's just that... this more cartoony-looking style may make it seem like Pocket Monsters is more for kids, lol.

I'll support whatever changes they decide to make in the long run.
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Quote Originally Posted by Dento View Post
    I still prefer the Sugimori-styled art, but I can totally live with this as well. It's just that... this more cartoony-looking style may make it seem like Pocket Monsters is more for kids, lol.
    Pokemon is more for kids lol, and I doubt it will make a difference to anyone's perception

COLOUR CHANGE!

AAAH!!! REAL MONSTERS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    It is vector art... infact the vector .swfs are much smaller than the .pngs. I've only been using and uploading .png because almost nothing I have can handle vector .swf; and Bulbapedia can't either. They were just all converted to .png via swftools and imagemagick.
    I thought they were bitmap images because many sites are doing that nowadays, which is just sad because what's the point of setting up a site in Flash when most of the non-background, non-texture art will be handled via bitmaps?

Thanks; I'll download the art then, looking first at the cache of my browser to see if I can find anything else of interest in the Global Link files.

I Think The New Art Is Cool. It's Easy To Recolour (Hint: Look At My Avatar)And It Gives A Cartoonish Feel (Which I Just Love).
    ~I Believe That Pokemon Black and White Are Gonna Be Awesome!~
    Hello
    You've entered a poorly lit room.
    Shhh…Don’t Let Her Hear.
    Add Me. We Have Cookies. And Milk. They Don’t.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

LinkBacks (?)