Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Blog Entries

Follow gallowsCalibrator on Tumblr

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Wow I love this stuff!! I just put the Bachuru as the wallpaper on my phone...
    Its good to see the new Pokemon in different poses.

Yes, that's really my neck The dark lord trombonator's Avatar Former Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief

Default Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post
    I must say this because it is relevant: this article fails.

Second, the title is misleading in two ways. One, not all fans woke up to this. If someone in, say, New Zealand, and wakes up to it, not all other timezones wake up to it too. So, the title is wrong. Plus, many fans mistook the tagline to be that Sugimori art will no longer exist. WRONG.

Please. This is very incorrect.
    Well, thanks for the personal dig, Matt. The title was a pun because you wake up from dreams. For the record, I didn't actually wake up to it myself - I found out about this several days after the fact and thought we'd better put some kind of report up. Consider it an updated take on the Sugimori article that was written (but not published) eight days ago.

Someone mistaking the tagline is not the fault of the article's author (myself), as it is written in plain English. This is explained further in the article and even in the blurb. The article never says the Sugimori art will not exist, and actually says that new art has been released in the past week.

I wasn't aware that the art had been used elsewhere and the article has now been updated accordingly. Of course, you could have done so yourself without causing such a scene. Even so, the art is now associated with the Dream World, which makes it for all intents and purposes Dream World art.

Thanks for your concerns; I hope I've answered them sufficiently. :)

Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dream world art really feels much more alive. Maybe if I study it a bit,I can try my hand,once again, at cell shading :D

I would have never have thought that Tsunbear's icicles are still boogersicles, but forming around the mouth and making a beard

Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The dark lord trombonator View Post
    Well, thanks for the personal dig, Matt. The title was a pun because you wake up from dreams. For the record, I didn't actually wake up to it myself - I found out about this several days after the fact and thought we'd better put some kind of report up. Consider it an updated take on the Sugimori article that was written (but not published) eight days ago.

Someone mistaking the tagline is not the fault of the article's author (myself), as it is written in plain English. This is explained further in the article and even in the blurb. The article never says the Sugimori art will not exist, and actually says that new art has been released in the past week.

I wasn't aware that the art had been used elsewhere and the article has now been updated accordingly. Of course, you could have done so yourself without causing such a scene. Even so, the art is now associated with the Dream World, which makes it for all intents and purposes Dream World art.

Thanks for your concerns; I hope I've answered them sufficiently. :)
    Thank you. I'm sorry for the personal reference (didn't even notice that until now), but I was unaware of the pun used in the title. The tagline was clear to me too, but I can see where other users are coming from: "get new artwork" could have been "get additional art".

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Talking Re: Fans wake up to Dream World artwork: Kanto, Isshu Pokémon get new artwork

i like it. Pikachu's head is too round for my liking, and Charizard's left horn is a lil weird in perspective, but TBH, i really like it, and this* is just too badass not to love :D

This*:

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Reminds me kind of American cartoons.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Sugimori art is good, but I actually prefer this new Dream World art. I like the bold lines, and the colours are a lot brighter compared to Sugimori's light shading...

Plus, the additional benefit it's easier for kids to trace.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:643Reshiram_Dream.png
    ^
    WHO COULD NOT LOVE THIS?

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Leo

Wonder if the new simplified art is vector and scalable. That might be the reason.

Also has a Shiny Zapdos Shinytwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bttsstewart View Post
    Or this, for that matter. I would really like some of Kyurem too, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacit Giga View Post
    Baruchai will not just eat your flesh, as a final insult he will wear your head, and shit in it.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Is Reshiram even capable of lowering its arms?

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    They look more like extensions of his wings. He'd have to move them to move the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    He can, its just the artists haven't drawn him with his wings down thats all.

Blog Entries

Meh, the Dream World images are too cartoony for my tastes; instead of plain bitmap images they could have included them in the SWFs of the Global Link site as vector art so at the very least they could prove useful to animate something in Flash. I think I'll stick to the much superior Sugimori designs.

Personally I like Dream World art much better than Sugimori's, because of the cooler poses and less faded/watery coloring.

I don't mind the Dream World art but I like Sugimori's art way better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)